Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your opinion on it? Was a draw a fair result? Or, are Liverpool/Everton hard done by? I think a draw is alright.

I could only listen to the match on Five Live and I got the impression that it wasn't a particularly impressive match.. but when Gerrard scored I felt relief more than anything else as I could sense another goalless draw at home :hmm:

It sounded like Benayoun's foul was completely needless and before it was taken I could just feel that it wasn't gonna be Liverpool's night.. and so it proved! Liverpool were perhaps the better side overall and maybe 1-0 was fair, but it's hard to judge when all you have is audio..

I'm trying not to be too pessimistic about things as we are level on points at the top, even though we have played a game extra.. though the issue of Goal Difference basically puts us further behind. Compared to previous seasons, this is a great position and one most Liverpool fans would probably have accepted at this stage of the season. It's just so frustrating knowing that we could (and probably should) have been several points clear at the top :( The remaining matches between the big teams could be very decisive in the next few months, particularly Liverpool's trip to Old Trafford, but a victory against Chelsea at Anfield at the start of next month could reignite Liverpool's belief..

Don't think Kaka was ever going to move, all the noise was from Man City and Milan's chairman. Thankfully sence prevailed, if the deal had gone through, it would be the end of football as we know it.

Success is earnt, not bought.

Man City owners are pretty thick. You could buy an entire squad for £100m and they'd be better than the rubbish they have there at the moment.

Rather happy Kaka stayed at Milan. Although I kept thinking he would have refused at the beginning and said something lilke "Greed is a sin, and Jesus would not have approved of me taking that offer."

People are saying the title race is tight, and it is. Villa are only three points behind, but please do rule us out anyway because we're not aiming for the title. We truly aren't. :shakehead

People are saying the title race is tight, and it is. Villa are only three points behind, but please do rule us out anyway because we're not aiming for the title. We truly aren't. :shakehead

It's interesting, even if you aren't aiming for the title you've got a sniff. And hopefully with that in mind you'll nick points off the others up there, whilst playing poo against the lower teams so we can maintain Champions League football.

:heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!