N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo, Scotland just put a second in!

Still 1-0 for England, I'm listening on 5Live. Setanta are evil. Surely the Beeb should spend it's millions on, say, acquiring the rights to national games?

EDIT: Walcott scores again! 2-0 to England!

The BBC couldn't justify spending their "millions" just on football.

It's all down to the FA being too greedy. Money money money. It's the national side, everyone should be able to watch it. Not even any highlights. What a joke!

0-3 :)

Thank god for that, That finish was far tighter that I need, 2-1 victory though. Shame Macedonia couldn't have nicked a goal against the Dutch, although look like McManus could be suspended for dutch game :(

I think he only gets a one match ban, doesn't he? So that would be the Norway game in October. To be honest, I'm not to bummed about losing him for it, he hasn't really done that much at all in the last few games apart from clearing the ball off the line once tonight. Hopefully Berra will start against Norway.

Any idea when Hutton and Barry-bam are expected back?

WHOA!! THEO WALCOTT!

WE'VE GOT THEO WALCOTT!

HE'S AN ENGLISHMAN AT ARSENAL!!

What a result, brilliant performance. Hopefully Capello and the team can build on this. For once, we looked a unit. Heskey has a knack of being there in the big wins, coincidence?

Setanta + mates + beers + great result = awesome evening.

I think he only gets a one match ban, doesn't he? So that would be the Norway game in October. To be honest, I'm not to bummed about losing him for it, he hasn't really done that much at all in the last few games apart from clearing the ball off the line once tonight. Hopefully Berra will start against Norway.

Any idea when Hutton and Barry-bam are expected back?

Barry should be back before the end of the year, Not too sure about Hutton but I think i read in the paper that it could be while. Thing about McManus is he's a solid player, you dont normally hear too much about him, because he doesn't make too many mistakes - very reliable, like a centre half should be.

The BBC couldn't justify spending their "millions" just on football.

It's all down to the FA being too greedy. Money money money. It's the national side, everyone should be able to watch it. Not even any highlights. What a joke!

0-3 :)

It's actualy got nothing to do with the FA. Each home FA owns the rights for there home matches. So in this case it's the Croatian FA that decide who to sell the rights to.

It's actualy got nothing to do with the FA. Each home FA owns the rights for there home matches. So in this case it's the Croatian FA that decide who to sell the rights to.

Wrong.

Sky Sports have the contracts for all England home qualifiers and away friendlies, and Setanta have the contracts for England away qualifiers and home friendlies. It has nothing to do with the team we're playing.

Luckily the BBC and ITV still have the actual world cup.

Wrong.

Sky Sports have the contracts for all England home qualifiers and away friendlies, and Setanta have the contracts for England away qualifiers and home friendlies. It has nothing to do with the team we're playing.

Luckily the BBC and ITV still have the actual world cup.

No I heard an interview with the head of Setanta where he said exactly what I said. And Setanta dont have all the away qualifiers. They have the Belarus match, but nobody has bought the rights for Ukraine or Kazhakstan.

Either way the fact that no England matches are on either BBC or ITV is an absolute sham. It's a disgrace.

It's funnier (in the depressing way) that it is easier to watch the domestic league and England matches in almost any other country in the world.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!