Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Barry "Back-pass" Ferguson.

He's gash, hasn't had a good game (or a game at all :laughing: ) in ages. He used to be a fantastic player but he's living on his reputation now more than anything else. All his passes go backwards and the ones he attempts forwards don't work.

You forgot about his killer side pass, can pass a ball to the side unlike any other.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuszczak,

Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Fabio,

Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Martin,

Macheda, Welbeck.

Better than anything Hull can put out tbh.

That's the squad I'd like to see play. Although, Wes Brown and Rio are both a bit touch and go, and it's not certain if neither, one or both will play.

I'd expect Wellbeck, Nani, Fletcher and Gibson to all play. If Hull think we're just going to play and let them steamroll us, they're having a laugh. These guys will want to impress Fergie for next season, particularly the likes of Macheda, Wellbeck and Nani, the latter who has fallen out of favour recently.

I have a feeling it'll be a draw, though. It's tough to predict at this time.

I'm rooting for Newcastle, and that isn't just because I have a fiver on them staying up! It's just as well Aston Villa are in shit form.

Here is my prediction, and when it happens you can all bow down because I called it:

Hull will lose to Manu (maybe 0-2), Borough will lose at Upton Park (2-0), Newcastle will draw (1-1)

Edited by dwarf

Kuszczak,

Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Fabio,

Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Martin,

Macheda, Welbeck.

Better than anything Hull can put out tbh.

I'd have Tosic over Martin tbh, we will see alot of him next season!

What will be left of Newcastle if they go down.

The wage bill is £70 million apparently.

Owen, Martins, Butt, Viduka, Smith, Coloccini, Bassong, Duff, Barton will all leave.

Actually, looking at those overrated players (apart from Bassong), it could be a good thing for the club.

I think Newcastle will do it. Think United will at least get a draw and Newcastle will pick up the win.

Going to Wembley on Sunday for the league one playoff final. I'll be sitting in the Millwall end as my mate who is a Lion asked me if I fancied it....and I do :) Early kick off though at 1pm. Stop the Millwall getting too drunk and causing mayhem at wembley I guess.

Watched the League 2 Play-off final between Gillingham and Shrewsbury.

It wasn't too bad a game. Gillingham pretty much dominated the first half after a good start by the Shrews, and it was an even affair in the second half. Up until Gillingham's 89th minute goal.

I was rather gutted. I see Shrewsbury as my second favourite English team and I really would like to see them get promoted. They lost the play-off two years ago to Bristol Rovers and I really would like to see the Shrews in League 1.

Well done, Gillingham. Bad luck, Shrewsbury, but you can do it next year. :smile:

SURVIVAL SUNDAY!

I think we should do a little comp to see if anyone can guess the outcomes. I'll get mine from Yesterday.

Hull will lose to Manu (maybe 0-2), Borough will lose at Upton Park (2-0), Newcastle will draw (1-1)

Hull, Middlesborough and West Bro (obv) relegated, Newcastle stay up.

SURVIVAL SUNDAY!

I think we should do a little comp to see if anyone can guess the outcomes. I'll get mine from Yesterday.

Hull, Middlesborough and West Bro (obv) relegated, Newcastle stay up.

Edited by dwarf

I reckon:

Hull will lose 2-1 as they will be bricking it and the united young guns will be up for it.

Newcastle will probably draw.

Sunderland will lose. 0-2

Boro will lose 2-1

All teams towards the bottom are poor, can't see them doing anything 'special' on the final day.

My friend believes that all four teams at the bottom will lose today...and I'm tempted to agree. Personally, I feel the biggest game of the day is between Aston Villa and Newcastle. If Newcastle fail to win that (and given the fact that I can't see Boro winning either) then I think they go down. Newcastle and Boro could still both win today and both go down anyway, that's the dilemma.

I predict Hull to lose against Man Utd 2-0.

Sunderland to lose 3-0.

Boro to lose 2-1.

And, finally, Villa to get a 1-0 against Newcastle.

You talking about since he was out with the injury from the start of last season?? because as far as i'm aware he's had pretty decent form since returning to rangers from blackburn..? i'm not too sure about very recently though??

Having thought more about the idea of him playing in our team (rather than him as an individual player), i'm sure thats not what we need (in my oppinion our midfield is pretty decent). I'd like to see other areas of the team strengthened first.

^ His wages wouldn't be sky high at The Albion :laughing:

Like other people have said Barry Ferguson was once a very good player. He was not just doing it in the SPL, he was also very good in the Champions League also. He is nowhere near that player now though!

I can see why Mowbry would want a player like ferguson who is on form as good barry ferguson is excellent t keeping possesion and creating chances.

Calm down son. Can't slag off JVOH, he barely had time to do anything and when he came on he was the only one who looked remotely interested and actually capable of winning the ball in the air against Rob Jones. As for all this talk of getting rid of Strachan - get a grip, the guy has one of the best managerial records in scottish football, and its only his fourth season. We've had a lot worse.

JVOH needs to move on. He had a good 2 season but him like the other strikers are not good enough.

As for Strachan the guy has had it pretty easy in the SPL as Rangers have been so awful. How anyone can say Rangers have been a good team I dont know.

Then there is the football strachan has got celtic playing. I am sorry but it is not pretty. Caldwell is not a bad CB but seriously the guy should be in midfield as his Passing is not good enough. Yes strachan has done okay in CL but what about this season. Celtic were terrible in the CL and now the club has finished 2nd the hoops might not be in the CL next season.

Strachan has signed way too many average players. Would you seriously trust strachan with £20m-£30m if he had that to spend? The board need to take some blame also for this debacle as all they go on about is how the club is near enough debt free etc. They hold that up the financial papers like a trophy.

Edited by khilafah

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!