NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Seriosuly not comparing Barcelona's exceptional midfield to Tottenham's mediocrity are you?

So you think that midfield is mediocre? You are fucking blinded if so. Absolutely blinded, just because you lost 2 of your key midfielders, no need to be bitter. Yeah we beat Norwich 5-1 and Orient, but yeah we'd never beat a top 4 team 5-1........oh wait. Didn't we do that against you scummers last year :) Think we did, and with a truly SHIT midfield, with no defensive midfielder out of the lot of them - hmmmm, I get a feeling that we'll be a little bit better with the midfield we have now thank you.

RE GOMES: Yes, I admit, he does occasionally make a few silly errors, but he hasn't got a dodgy reputation AT ALL. Look on youtube, go on PSV fansites, speak to anyone who has watched Dutch football - the guy is absolute quality!

And I am worried about King and Woodgate, both world class cb's, but not going to play full seasons. Dawson is good, not great, but yeah, we need a new CB, I will be gutted if we don't sign one in the summer, think we will though, and that elusive DM. Though Huddlestone ISN'T one, not by a strecth, incredible passer of the ball, but shit defensively, more of a playmaker. If we don't get a DM, I think we'll play 5 in midfeld and crowd the midfield as a defensive tactic, which is fine with me. Modric and Jenas can sit in the middle, both box to box. Dos Santos, Arshavin and Bentley behind Bent or berbatov - lovely :D

So you think that midfield is mediocre? You are fucking blinded if so. Absolutely blinded, just because you lost 2 of your key midfielders, no need to be bitter. Yeah we beat Norwich 5-1 and Orient, but yeah we'd never beat a top 4 team 5-1........oh wait. Didn't we do that against you scummers last year :) Think we did, and with a truly SHIT midfield, with no defensive midfielder out of the lot of them - hmmmm, I get a feeling that we'll be a little bit better with the midfield we have now thank you.

Dos Santos is a skillful kid and like Noodleman said he'll get bullied off the park.

Fattlestone, is a tubby bastard who's likely to tire himself out than threaten.

Jenas, is another pansy, a poor mans Fabregas.

Bentley is a cunt, and although I will admit he has some talent, I feel he's just a mecernary. He's claimed Bergkamp, Catona and now Gazza are his heroes, he's a nob.

You finished 11th, thats mediocrity. Barcelona are a dominant European force, you can't compare your midfield to them.

Edit- Forgot Modric, though to be fair we don't know how he'll adapt, I watched the Norwich match and he didn't really do anything.

I didn't compare the midfields I just mentioned that Barcelona usually have a lightweight midfield and it doesn't stop them bossing teams around

I didn't compare the midfields I just mentioned that Barcelona usually have a lightweight midfield and it doesn't stop them bossing teams around

Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Yaya Toure.

Hardly lightweight and now adding Hleb to that too.

Dos Santos is a skillful kid and like Noodleman said he'll get bullied off the park.

Bentley is a cunt, and although I will admit he has some talent, I feel he's just a mecernary. He's claimed Bergkamp, Catona and now Gazza are his heroes, he's a nob.

You finished 11th, thats mediocrity. Barcelona are a dominant European force, you can't compare your midfield to them.

Edit- Forgot Modric, though to be fair we don't know how he'll adapt, I watched the Norwich match and he didn't really do anything.

Dos Santos isn't a little kid like some think he is - he's taller than Bentley!! He stronger than you'd imagine, he'll be fine in the prem. Also about Huddlestone, you can't have seen him this summer then, he's lost shit loads of weight - part of the condition on him getting his new contract and part of Ramos' obsessive everyone must be insanely fit mantra! I'll agree with you on Jenas, but he shows glimpses of genius....I just hope Ramos can make that a weekly rather than a bi-monthly thing - he looked great against Dortmund.

And yes we finished 11th....but we still won more than you ;) Remember we had an APPALLING start to the season, we won 2 games before december!! We changed managers and had bad luck with injuries. Lets please come back to these pages, I'm pretty confident of who'll be surprised and who will be saying "Told you!".

PS Arshavin to be done in the next day or two. Watch this space

PPS Also Berbs is fucking off at the same time

Dos Santos isn't a little kid like some think he is - he's taller than Bentley!! He stronger than you'd imagine, he'll be fine in the prem. Also about Huddlestone, you can't have seen him this summer then, he's lost shit loads of weight - part of the condition on him getting his new contract and part of Ramos' obsessive everyone must be insanely fit mantra! I'll agree with you on Jenas, but he shows glimpses of genius....I just hope Ramos can make that a weekly rather than a bi-monthly thing - he looked great against Dortmund.

And yes we finished 11th....but we still won more than you ;) Remember we had an APPALLING start to the season, we won 2 games before december!! We changed managers and had bad luck with injuries. Lets please come back to these pages, I'm pretty confident of who'll be surprised and who will be saying "Told you!".

PS Arshavin to be done in the next day or two. Watch this space

PPS Also Berbs is fucking off at the same time

I'm not so sure about Arshavin; I think we're after Villa now. We're linked with so many players atm, it's mental (and mostly bullshit).

Anyone read Andy Gray's typically biased remarks at our signings?

Bout time i stepped into the fray..

re: 'a poor mans Fabregas'...doubt 'chatting shit' helps when getting your point accross. Firstly, it's true to say that Jenas is an inconsistent performer. At the same time, he is a very able and talented player, and has made a noticeable improvement towards becoming the midfield talisman Spurs fans have wanted out of him since he signed ( - his England call up, performances against the 'big teams' and his rise to captaincy should all be noted).

But anyway, you're commenting on two players very different in mindset and physique. Modric would be a more suitable comparison - he is expected to fulfil the 'playmaker role'. Honestlyl, I'll be ecstatic if he is as effective for us as Fabregas is for ar5ena1 - but I am also pretty confident he will be.

I feel a bit bad but you have to laugh at Rangers. UEFA cup final 3 months ago, now knocked out of the Champions League by Hearts reserves.

haha Rangers eliminated by Kaunas, Europe rejoices!

no rioting Rangers fans in Europe this year

I feel a bit bad but you have to laugh at Rangers. UEFA cup final 3 months ago, now knocked out of the Champions League by Hearts reserves.

Hahaha, that's well funny. They didn't deserved to be in the UEFA Cup Final at all and this shows it. They even tried to play the same tactics and it shown them finally that they were just jammy bastards last season.

Owwwwwnnneedddd.

There isn't even a fallback to the UEFA cup, thats how early they are out.

O well No Riots from rangers fan. can only be a good thing. teach then a lesson or 2

This is really good and well worth watching. It's the F.A.'s promotional video on being fair on refs...as a former F.A. rookie ref it's absolutely terrible how they are looked upon. Even in the lower leagues. I stopped doing it because of all of the shite, I'm sure many more are the same...

Watch it here

Might wanna wait and see if Alonso joins :p

I'll shy away from the Arsenal Spurs arguement (maybe for the moment ;)) but I'm waiting to see if we get Alonso too for who'll I get on the away shirt. When I get enough money, I'm definitely getting Eduardo on the home shirt. I made a promise I would at the beginning of last season and was reassured to do so when the Birmingham incident happened. Besides, I don't think he'll be going :D

Oh and I heard that Jack Wiltshire might be in the Squad to face FC Twente

Oh, shame about Rangers. At least they got something out of the tie. I heard Easyjet are sponsoring them...in and out of europe in 3hours ;)

708807fy7.jpg

But anyway, you're commenting on two players very different in mindset and physique.

You're telling me Jenas and Fabregas are not both small poncy blokes?..

Get a grip mate.

This is really good and well worth watching. It's the F.A.'s promotional video on being fair on refs...as a former F.A. rookie ref it's absolutely terrible how they are looked upon. Even in the lower leagues. I stopped doing it because of all of the shite, I'm sure many more are the same...

Watch it here

Thats one of the only things the FA have got right in a decade. Great video, hope it takes off.

You're telling me Jenas and Fabregas are not both small poncy blokes?..

Get a grip mate.

I'm sorry Ramar but do you actually watch football? Jeans a small poncy bloke? He's one of the most athletic footballers out there, and he's (relatively) tall, are you utterly insane?

I'm not so sure about Arshavin; I think we're after Villa now. We're linked with so many players atm, it's mental (and mostly bullshit).

Anyone read Andy Gray's typically biased remarks at our signings?

Who's to say not both? Arshavin Keanes replacement and Villa Berbs replacement :)

Also, see Corluka from Man City is pretty much a done deal? What an awesome signing that is :D Theres the CB I was asking for, can also cover right back with Hutton being injured.

Now we need to sign Veloso, Arshavin and Villa and I think we're done for the summer. Then we'll see if you all still think Spurs won't be challenging!

I'm sorry Ramar but do you actually watch football? Jeans a small poncy bloke? He's one of the most athletic footballers out there, and he's (relatively) tall, are you utterly insane?

Believe it or not I watch football most regularly, probably why I appear to no nothing about spurs.

As for Jenas, he is not tall for a footballer, he's 5ft 11.. I'm 5ft 9 and considered short, go figure.

And he is not one of the most athletic players out there. I would generalise here and say 'you lot are so deluded'. But I think its more your posting style to exagerate or show blind love to everything you enjoy and/or support.

Believe it or not I watch football most regularly, probably why I appear to no nothing about spurs.

As for Jenas, he is not tall for a footballer, he's 5ft 11.. I'm 5ft 9 and considered short, go figure.

And he is not one of the most athletic players out there. I would generalise here and say 'you lot are so deluded'. But I think its more your posting style to exagerate or show blind love to everything you enjoy and/or support.

I'm a passionate guy. But seriously search newspaper archives and read about Jeans reviews Forrest, England and Newcastle. He's been loved throughout his career and one of his biggest assets his his engine, he's simply extremely fit and athletic. Personally I've never been his biggest fan, but the guy has been loved by the people who have worked with him and its not deluded spurs fans, its what a lot of people say about him.

Why the hell have we signed Danny Shittu?

Bet no-one gets that printed on their shirt

Why the hell have we signed Danny Shittu?

Bet no-one gets that printed on their shirt

Why not, Shittu is quite a good player. Though I don't think he's Premier League standard.

But seriously search newspaper archives and read about Jeans reviews Forrest, England and Newcastle. He's been loved throughout his career and one of his biggest assets his his engine, he's simply extremely fit and athletic. Personally I've never been his biggest fan, but the guy has been loved by the people who have worked with him and its not deluded spurs fans, its what a lot of people say about him.

Jenas is a really good player. Still, never really delivered on his early promise but I think he had a few issues at Newcastle after the first year or so. At Spurs he seems to have regained a slither of that early talent heshowed at Nottingham Forest. only 25 so definately a decent squad player with, like Dazy said; a great engine. Needs to start getting more goals though as he's not a great tackling player.

Dazzy has passion for sure...and I pretty much always enjoy reading his posts (shucks) - even if I can hear the backlash en route as soon as he's posted. :laughing: