NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Anyways, anyone see us batter Roma 5-0 yesterday? I was at the lane and it was incredible!

Aye was there too - very encouraging to see our midfield have nearly all the posession in Roma's half for the majority of the time. Modric/Gio/Bentley look seriously good.

Here's hoping we don't f.ck up on the first match of the new campaign straight after an excellent pre-season like we have done for the past 2 seasons!

Ha Hughes is going to quit

Rumours are rife that Mark Hughes is considering resigning as Manchester City boss as the escalating crisis that has enveloped the club threatens to worsen over the next week.

It is understood that Hughes - appointed manager just eight weeks ago - feels undermined by the club's apparent willingness to sell both Stephen Ireland and Vedran Corluka without his consent. While his resignation is unlikely, it has been reported that Hughes has made clear to the club's hierarchy that he will quit unless he is given full control over transfers.

so Cuellar to Villa then, he's a good defender, but not worth the price they've paid for him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_3971404,00.html

Absolutely ridiculous. If our bad luck with injuries continue, than we aint gonna win anything this season. Especially as Arsene is so bloody reluctant to spend money at all. So sick and tired of our injury list. Just to let you know, I have compiled a list of all our injured players:

Cesc Fabregas - back in 2 games

Kolo Toure - back in time for weekend though

Senderos

Nasri - should be back for weekend as well

Diaby - out for next 2 months

Rosicky - who knows when he'll be back, Sep/Oct earliest?

Eduardo - around xmas if we're lucky?

All this coupled with the lack of a decent squad makes me unsure about this season.

so Cuellar to Villa then, he's a good defender, but not worth the price they've paid for him

I think that amount triggered a release clause in his contract. Obviously, that's why they've paid that much for him.

But still, I'm happy we've got him. Another much-needed defender. :grin:

he didn't really impress me last season, but then I only really saw him in 2 games :)

the Rangers fans are raging as they had been told on Friday that he definitely wouldn't be sold ;)

Well, you are biased against Rangers. Even if he was really good you wouldn't think so. (If James McFadden did well at Blues I'd say he isn't really that good.)

But if it annoys the Rangers fans that he's gone, then I'm even more happy. :laughing:

So, fellow Manchester United fans, who do you think we'll be signing by the end of the week, if anybody?

Berbatov?

Silva?

Villa?

Henry?

Eto'o?

Santa Cruz?

Benzema?

None of the above.

None at all.

There is a snowballs chance in hell of Henry going to United.

I'm not even given the rumour a second thought. But, I thought I better had include it in that list anyhow.

It would be funny as hell if he did, though.

Well rumours are Berbatov will be announced tomorrow which will make levy drop the inquest against united which sits on thursday (same that happened with keane).

Strong rumours a fee has been agreed and personal terms sorted out ages ago. Shirt number 14 apparently. Medical tomorrow......

Of course that is all rumours.

All I know is Valencia rejected our bid for Silva. He didn't want to go abroad anyway so he is out of the running.

Henry LOLZ. No thanks.

For me Huntelaar is number one followed by Berbatov, Villa and Benzema.

Berbatov is proven in the premiership but is a tad expensive for a player his age whereas we could pick up Huntelaar for cheaper and it would be a great investment for the future....however will he be able to handle premiership??

Well rumours are Berbatov will be announced tomorrow which will make levy drop the inquest against united which sits on thursday (same that happened with keane).

Strong rumours a fee has been agreed and personal terms sorted out ages ago. Shirt number 14 apparently. Medical tomorrow......

Of course that is all rumours.

All I know is Valencia rejected our bid for Silva. He didn't want to go abroad anyway so he is out of the running.

Henry LOLZ. No thanks.

For me Huntelaar is number one followed by Berbatov, Villa and Benzema.

Berbatov is proven in the premiership but is a tad expensive for a player his age whereas we could pick up Huntelaar for cheaper and it would be a great investment for the future....however will he be able to handle premiership??

Wouldn't it be fucking awesome if we landed both Huntelaar and Berbatov?

I read an interesting article some time ago, that said that Berbatov wouldn't be of much use to United, as he is pretty much in the same mould as Rooney and Tevez. Whereas we need a more "Van Nistelrooy type character."

To be honest, I prefer the Rooney/Tevez mould. They're both tireless, and they create a lot of chances for the team. I think I've enjoyed watching United more in recent seasons that I probably did when Van the Man was around.

Dunno what article you read but Berbatov is the complete opposite to Rooney and Tevez IMO and is exactly what we need. Someone to get on the end of things/goal hang and poke in the goals.

Dunno what article you read but Berbatov is the complete opposite to Rooney and Tevez IMO and is exactly what we need. Someone to get on the end of things/goal hang and poke in the goals.

He has been accused of being lazy though. I remember the stick Ruud got. "Has he ever scored a goal outside of the box?!oneone."

So, fellow Manchester United fans, who do you think we'll be signing by the end of the week, if anybody?

Berbatov?

Silva?

Villa?

Henry?

Eto'o?

Santa Cruz?

Benzema?

None of the above.

None at all.

I think the only two I could see it being would be Berbatov or Huntelaar. Silva 20mil bid has been rejected and he doesn't want to play in Spain. Villa, I just couldn't see him at united, if he was to go anywhere I think it would be Madrid. Henry, with the gunners connection, and he did say when he left them that the only english team he would ever play for would be Arsenal. Eto'o I think is needed at Barca although he doesn't seem to be being noticed, if he moved anywhere I think it could be AC. Santa Cruz, hum, hum. He's good but I don't know, would he be good at united? not sure. Finally Benzema will defiantly be at Lyon this season and says he will stay with them until them win the Champions League, which actually means he will stay there to get regular football and then in a couple of years move to Spain.

He has been accused of being lazy though. I remember the stick Ruud got. "Has he ever scored a goal outside of the box?!oneone."

True but look at all the goals he scored :)

With Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs and Nani feeding a striker liker Berbatov or Huntelaar there will be goals a plenty. Exciting timez.

I think the only two I could see it being would be Berbatov or Huntelaar. Silva 20mil bid has been rejected and he doesn't want to play in Spain. Villa, I just couldn't see him at united, if he was to go anywhere I think it would be Madrid. Henry, with the gunners connection, and he did say when he left them that the only english team he would ever play for would be Arsenal. Eto'o I think is needed at Barca although he doesn't seem to be being noticed, if he moved anywhere I think it could be AC. Santa Cruz, hum, hum. He's good but I don't know, would he be good at united? not sure. Finally Benzema will defiantly be at Lyon this season and says he will stay with them until them win the Champions League, which actually means he will stay there to get regular football and then in a couple of years move to Spain.

Good powers of deduction, young Freshalot. Looking at all that, it does make a lot of sense, and probably only does leave Berbs and Huntelaar.

True but look at all the goals he scored :)

With Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs and Nani feeding a striker liker Berbatov or Huntelaar there will be goals a plenty. Exciting timez.

Yeah, it would be a pretty exciting time. A new era at united. Thing is, looking at that, it would mean that a main-goal-scorer would be playing upfront, with Rooney or Tevez alongside him, right? It would be a shame to leave one of those two on the bench, especially as I think they link up pretty well. Hmm.

Yeah but think of all the games and all the competitions. It's good to have players fighting for posistions like back in the yorke/cole and Teddy/Solskjaer era.

And im pretty sure that eventually Rooney will turn into the greatest attacking midfield player ala scholes.

Heh, I remember you said that aaaages ago. It'll be a pretty big season for him and Tevez, I feel it in my fingers. I feel it in my bones.

Also can't wait to see how Nani and Anderson evolve within this team. Both had good first years, with Anderson particularly impressing.

perhaps up front we could have:

Rooney

Ronaldo Berbatov Tevez

or

Ronaldo

Rooney Berbatov Tevez

or

just stick to 4-4-2 and have:

Ronaldo Scholes/Anderson Carrick/Hargreaves Nani/Giggs

Rooney/Tevez

Berbatov

Actually, it's a pretty good thing that most of our team is interchangeable. I think that's probably where we have the edge over a lot of other teams. Meaning that if certain players are injured, we will always have cover for them, as no doubt somebody else well established in the side can fill in that role anyway.

I'm curious as to how Fergie would play Berbatov, so I kinda hope that we do manage to sign him this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with nobody this season, though.

on his day Berbatov is unplayable, just a shame he picks and chooses his days ;)

So I was at Stadiummk today for MK Dons vs Norwich City. (The old man's a city fan so every now and again I get him some tickets).

Anyway, they're stadium for a league 1 club is impressive but completely unnecessary. It's not even finished the upper tier has no seats, and I can see that staying for the foreseeable future because they can't even fill the bastard. I paid a tenner for a student ticket, adult is fifteen quid a pop and they can't fill it, even though they won league 2 last year. Goes to show, you can buy a club and players, but you can't buy history and loyalty. Another thing its in the middle of fucking no where, and I couldn't get a pint inside.

As for the game Norwich were shite as per usual, roll on Saturday.

Text book classic target man with the greatest control you will EVER see!

Dennis Bergkamp says I just pissed on your matches.