NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Aldershot! :D Great way to introduce themselves to League 2! Let's have another strong season!

Aldershot! :D Great way to introduce themselves to League 2! Let's have another strong season!

Weren't you a 'die hard' Chelsea fan last season.. talk about jump on the bandwagon.

I used to live in Aldershot...made a mint scouring the grounds after the matches...ahhh, to be young again - when scrounging was, y'know: Looked upon as awesome.

5-0 against Roma; Certainly a good pre-season run. Bent looks to be stepping up to the plate in light of Keane's departure, which can only be good news...

Also, see Corluka from Man City is pretty much a done deal? What an awesome signing that is :D Theres the CB I was asking for, can also cover right back with Hutton being injured.

Vedran Corluka has opted to shun a move to Tottenham and stay at Eastlands, Manchester City have confirmed.

Spurs moved for the Croatian defender last week - a story revealed by skysports.com - and had looked close to sealing a deal.

City have now revealed that Corluka has decided to stay after a 'heart-to-heart' with manager Mark Hughes.

"I am a huge admirer of Vedran," Hughes told the club's website.

"He is a top-class player with a bright future ahead of him and I am delighted that he continues to be a part of our plans at Manchester City.

"It is a real boost for everyone at the club.

"Vedran is a great lad and I am really looking forward to working with him over the coming seasons."

Hughes, who earlier on Sunday denied Stephen Ireland was heading to Sunderland, will be delighted to have seemingly won his battle to keep the 22-year-old.[/Quote]

:indeed: 1010101010

:indeed: 1010101010

The whole Man City situation is clearly fucked up; and the player had his medical and agreed terms and IS NOT happy about being forced to stay; and Spurs aren't happy about them pulling the deal so late and we are taking things further legally, so the story aint over yet.

Anyways, anyone see us batter Roma 5-0 yesterday? I was at the lane and it was incredible!

Just found this: http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/11/Prem-Corluka-agent-wants-Tottenham-move/

Not that I'm saying that the press are trying to stir things up here but I have it on good authority (I.E not the sun) that Corluka does not have an agent. Also if Spurs really have launched legal action why have they not made it public seems a bit strange to me. All I've heard is from some apparent In The Knows mention this. The same ITK's that told me Bentley had a medical every day from the end of May until he actually signed for Spurs and Arshavin was signed about a month ago.

Oooo forgot to mention, i made it to Anfield for the Lazio game on friday night. Keane and Torres will be unstoppable this season ^^ Il upload some vids later :P

Oooo forgot to mention, i made it to Anfield for the Lazio game on friday night. Keane and Torres will be unstoppable this season ^^ Il upload some vids later :P

By unstoppable, do you mean until Liverpool come up against decent opposition?

Done my first acumulator of the season on saturday and won £56.90.

Put a £1 on the following to win: Wrexham, Coventry, Sheff Wed, Orient, Swindon.

If only I put a tenner on it hahaha. But yeah chuffed with that :)

As for united, we need a striker fast. Hopefully fergie will keep his word and we'll sign someone this week.

*wishes for Huntelaar*

Done my first acumulator of the season on saturday and won £56.90.

Put a £1 on the following to win: Wrexham, Coventry, Sheff Wed, Orient, Swindon.

If only I put a tenner on it hahaha. But yeah chuffed with that :)

As for united, we need a striker fast. Hopefully fergie will keep his word and we'll sign someone this week.

*wishes for Huntelaar*

I'm torn at the moment over our striker situation. Obviously we have Rooney and Tevez but then there is Saha and Campbell as well. Now Saha, if he can be kept on form, can be lethal and Campbell has all the pace but no left foot. Fergie says there will be a new striker and with the 2 more realistic players being Huntelaar and Berbatov. But which would be best, Berba? A proven EPL striker? Or Huntelaar? Young but could be the next Van Nistelrooy...or next Kezman?

Then again we also have be linked with Silva, Henry, Karim Benzema and David Villa.

Well rumours are rife that it's gonna be Silva. Apparently United made contact with his representatives today. How much truth in the rumour? I do not know, I read it on some spanish blog.

I like Berbatov but I don't think we're gonna cave into the 30 million spurs want.

Ajax have just signed 2 new strikers.....Huntelaar on his way out? could well be and hopefully to OT.

As for Saha, he is dead weight now, he would do ok at somewhere like Sunderland. Lets flog him.

Berba isn't worth 30mil, 22-25 maybe but 30 is ridiculous. That's more than Rooney was and he was only 19. Silva would be quality and will be quality for years to come (says football manager). 18mil apparently from my source, 10mil less than Berba and 5 years younger, he does have a 6 year contract with Valencia though.

Also, can Saha really go for 8mil? Is he worth that much? If anyone knows Keano does.

Well apparently we put a 20 million bid in for Silva but it was rejected and Barca have put in a 25 mill bid. Valencia say it's up to Silva and sources close to him say that he doesn't want to play abroad.

This is all rumours and word of mouth like but meh.

I love the paper talk linking Henry to Man Utd. He'd never come back to a rival team.

If he did, he'd fall right out of the legends tree with a lot of fans.

By unstoppable, do you mean until Liverpool come up against decent opposition?

Have you seen them play together yet? No? I have. Trust me. Its like the Man U Cole & Yorke team. Wait until the weekend and you will see what i mean.

I see it's time for Liverpool to get there usual hype, all the "This is the year" talk..... yeah sure.

Villa have agreed a fee with Rangers for Cuellar cracking signing that one. Villa building a very good team on the quiet at the moment while the press instead focus on Gareth Barry.

Just seen the Cuellar news on the Villa website. I don't really know what sort of a player he is, but if O'Neill wants him then he must be good...

Speaking of Barry: He might play in our UEFA Cup match against Hafnarfjordur (Showing off, there.). If that happens, then he won't be able to play for Liverpool in the CL Group Stage.

Lol.

I love the paper talk linking Henry to Man Utd. He'd never come back to a rival team.

If he did, he'd fall right out of the legends tree with a lot of fans.

Wouldn't want the moaning gooner anyway. :heh:

Have you seen them play together yet? No? I have. Trust me. Its like the Man U Cole & Yorke team. Wait until the weekend and you will see what i mean.

I see it's time for Liverpool to get there usual hype, all the "This is the year" talk..... yeah sure.

That's pretty much it.

Fair play, if they really are unstoppable, then in theory you'll win the league, right? If you win it this year, this time next year, I'll post a picture of me holding up a sign saying I was wrong and you were right, forever. :heh:

lulz @ Rangers having to sell their main asset.

He basically single handedly kept them together last season when all they could do was defend.

Just seen the Cuellar news on the Villa website. I don't really know what sort of a player he is, but if O'Neill wants him then he must be good...

I'm just talking to my friend about this. What I said: "it would be quite funny if he was like Boumsong again.. amazing for Rangers and then shit in the Premiership"

My friend: "osasuna were languishing at the bottom of la liga when he was signed for 2, i repeat, 2 million, and hes hardly going to be anything other than a success for a team that continually played the most uninspiring defensive tactics"

We're not convinced how well he'll do, he played amazing for Rangers, but they played defensivly all season against teams like Falkirk, he's obviously going to play well.

I like Berbatov but I don't think we're gonna cave into the 30 million spurs want.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Berbs will be in the Man U squad at the weekend!!