p1000137p.jpg

becksteam1.jpg

Kick Off

p1000175.jpg

p1000196d.jpg

p1000223.jpg

p1000344.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Nice pics, but they are one of my pet hates, I just don't understand why people have their camera out when they're supposed to be concentrating on the match.

I don't want to cause an argument, but at least it'll give us something to talk about other than Ronaldo's transfer - that is until fixture day on the 17th and we create the new topic.

when they're supposed to be concentrating on the match.
It was Andorra remember, we had time! haha.

but at least it'll give us something to talk about other than Ronaldo's transfer - that is until fixture day on the 17th and we create the new topic.

What about the ?inevitable? transfer of le Tony Mowbray?? :(

Thats the only footy news i give a flying fuc *whoop-owwsy daisy* about at the moment :cry:

PLEASE stay sir Tony :heart:

PLEASE

It takes about a minute in total to take a photo MAX. You have 90minutes-ish to watch. Thats like saying no photos are allowed on a holiday because you should be too busy relaxing, or something?

Deco wants a move apparently. What a weiner.

Tevez talks to begin

Talks with clubs from England, Spain and Italy to open on Monday

Sky Sports News understands that talks will begin with all interested parties hoping to sign Carlos Tevez on Monday and Tuesday.

Representatives of the Argentina striker will hold discussions with four clubs in the Premier League - Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Reports also suggest that one club in Italy and one in Spain are interested, although the Primera Liga side is not thought to be Real Madrid.

It is understood that Tevez himself will announce that he would prefer to stay in the Premier League.

The 25-year-old joined United on loan in 2007, but that deal expires at the end of June and speculation has suggested that the forward is ready to turn his back on Old Trafford.

Conjecture has implied that Tevez could view City as his preferred destination, with rumour suggesting the Eastlands outfit are prepared to offer a deal worth in the region of £140,000-a-week.

------------------------------------------

You know there is going to be come kind of twist in this yet to come. Tevez joins Real Ibiza, Tevez quits football to farm Llamas. Nothing would surprise me.

I really hope he does stay. I would be a tad bit heartbroken if he joined Man City.

I love Carlos, and his crazy hair.

United really should support Teves more, he's awesome.

The fans love him, and secretly I think Fergie wants him to stay. I wonder though if his situation was less complicated whether or not he would have been signed properly for us by now. Fergie has mentioned a few times that the trouble has been with two things: The Fee, and the fact that he's "owned" by an agent, not a club.

If his agent is behind the deal, then surely he's just going to go to whoever offers him more money. At this stage, surely Man City are just going to offer a stupidly high bid? I love Tevez, but I can't see United splashing out more than 25 or 30 million for him, which is a fuck load of money anyway. I can see City doing that.

It takes about a minute in total to take a photo MAX. You have 90minutes-ish to watch. Thats like saying no photos are allowed on a holiday because you should be too busy relaxing, or something?

Deco wants a move apparently. What a weiner.

But on holiday you are typically at tourist attractions or worldly sights. You shouldn't be in awe of a football team.

It's just another thing that highlights how the game has gone from the working mans game. People go crazy if they see a footballer out in the street, back in the day you'd be able to share beers with players in the local.

I'll also happily argue why the digital camera shouldn't be allowed on a night out, but that whole idea is something I've been saving for a topic, that would probably flop (like the rest of my topics - bar this one).

But on holiday you are typically at tourist attractions or worldly sights. You shouldn't be in awe of a football team.

It's just another thing that highlights how the game has gone from the working mans game. People go crazy if they see a footballer out in the street, back in the day you'd be able to share beers with players in the local.

I'll also happily argue why the digital camera shouldn't be allowed on a night out, but that whole idea is something I've been saving for a topic, that would probably flop (like the rest of my topics - bar this one).

All sports stars as seen as celebrities, but that's just the whole "power of the media" debate again, I think. Also, I type in sports "stars" without even noticing. These are people we see play in stadiums, or on tv, but yet we put them on a high pedestal. I remember the first time I ever saw the Manic Street Preachers live, in Cardiff. I remember looking at the stage and thinking "this is a childhood hero, but he's a man, just like me." Doesn't mean I like him any less, but it was just quite surreal.

Also, your comment about drinking beers with the players reminds me of something else. When Robinho moved to Man City, he took his Wife (I think) for a tour around the city...on a bus. He just got on, and sat down, whilst the rest of the bus just looked at him like he was some sort of escaped mental patient. The idea of "He is a celebrity, he should be in a limo, or chauffeured around" was something that sprang to mind for a lot of people.

Nail on the head with the pedestal thing. I was out the other night at a gig, and I noticed the lead singer of another band I liked standing dead in front of me. Loads of people were trying to get his attention and what not, and I thought to myself, "no, I'm not gonna say anything, I'll let the bloke be and enjoy his night". At the end of the day I wouldn't want hundreds of people coming up to me when I'm trying to enjoy a night out.

Bit side tracked, but yeah definitely, the whole football celebrity thing still hasn't really sunk in. If I saw Adebayor in the street I'd probably give him a piece of my mind than shit my pants for a picture.

You can relate to the whole Ronaldo thing as well, I read today in the paper he couldn't care what Man Utd fans thought when he leaves.. Well bollocks to you son, a lot of them fans have contributed to your luxurious life, if you can't muster an ounce of gratification you deserve fuck all.

Well I just like photography really, all different types; same reason I've taken a camera to Silverstone, to shoot some cars in action. So if I can enjoy some football and photography on a night out, it's win win.

I don't really have a decent enough camera yet to capture the fast movements of a football game, but I can get some good still shots, and some practice in, in the meantime.

Nail on the head with the pedestal thing. I was out the other night at a gig, and I noticed the lead singer of another band I liked standing dead in front of me. Loads of people were trying to get his attention and what not, and I thought to myself, "no, I'm not gonna say anything, I'll let the bloke be and enjoy his night". At the end of the day I wouldn't want hundreds of people coming up to me when I'm trying to enjoy a night out.

Bit side tracked, but yeah definitely, the whole football celebrity thing still hasn't really sunk in. If I saw Adebayor in the street I'd probably give him a piece of my mind than shit my pants for a picture.

You can relate to the whole Ronaldo thing as well, I read today in the paper he couldn't care what Man Utd fans thought when he leaves.. Well bollocks to you son, a lot of them fans have contributed to your luxurious life, if you can't muster an ounce of gratification you deserve fuck all.

If I ever did get around to meeting someone like Ryan Giggs, I'd try to chat with him like he was just somebody else I met. He's a player who doesn't blow his own trumpet, and I think he'd probably feel embarrassed or something if I acted all "OMG! GIGGSSSSSSY!!!"

Haha, I really could imagine you giving Adebayor what for. If I ever met John O'shea, I'd say "Screw what anyone else thinks of you, you've done yourself proud."

The Ronaldo thing is a very strange one. He seems to thrive off fans and others just slating him, or giving him stick. But, he's missing one very crucial fact. After the European Championships, he received a lot of stick in England, but Man United fans near enough stuck up for him. Against England, he did act like a tart, but he was still our player, so you try to forgive him when he's playing in your colours. We've seen him grow over since arriving here, from being a winger who couldn't cross, to a goal-hungry forward who craves success. Along the way, his ego has grown in leaps and bounds, but as a United fan you just try to love him, including his faults. No player is perfect.

It reminds me of many years ago, where Gianfranco Zola scored against England the one week (the only goal in the game, I think), and was back playing for Chelsea in the next. (I'll try to find the actual games and dates) Some fans booed him, including some Chelsea fans. Talk about un-called for. What's he supposed to do when he's infront of the England goal when he's playing for his own country? Sky It?!

It reminds me of many years ago, where Gianfranco Zola scored against England the one week (the only goal in the game, I think), and was back playing for Chelsea in the next. (I'll try to find the actual games and dates) Some fans booed him, including some Chelsea fans. Talk about un-called for. What's he supposed to do when he's infront of the England goal when he's playing for his own country? Sky It?!

What happens on international duty, stays on international in my opinion, unless of course its Robin Van Persie coming back injured for the ump-teenth time.

As for Chelsea fans, never were a gracious bunch, just remember the abuse they gave Paul Canoville, one of their own players and they racially abused him. Disgusting. Even though he was a Chelsea player, his autobiography is one I'd definitely like to have read of.