NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo is being lined up to star in a multi-million dollar remake of the epic TV series Roots.

Ronaldo has demanded £3.5m per episode.

Producers say the star's treatment at the hands of Manchester United make him the perfect choice to portray the young African slave who is beaten by his brutal masters.

The Portuguese winger said he had been traumatised by 'outrageous' demands that he honour the £125,000 a week, legally-binding contract, which has brought him only, misery, adulation and Gemma Atkinson.

Speaking from the titanium gazebo in the rose garden of his 31-room mansion, Ronaldo said: 'I feel I can relate to the suffering of African slaves.

'If anything, it is worse, because footballers cannot sing while we work, whereas they had time to develop gospel music during their 16-hours shifts before dropping dead from exhaustion.'

In the series a young African boy is dragged from his homeland and shipped to America where he is forced to work in the fields by a cruel and violent plantation owner.

'The similarities are uncanny, though admittedly, the Lear Jet that flew me from Lisbon to Manchester wasn't packed with 150 other players sleeping head-to-toe.'

Ronaldo also conceded that, while the slave-master in Roots administered brutal beatings, Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson had nurtured his talent, lavished him with praise and turned him into one of the best footballers in the world.

'But without the freedom to do whatever I want, wherever I want, for whatever fee I want, I am exactly the same as a cotton picker forced to live in a shed, dying at the age of 32.'

He added: 'I know the people will love my acting.,,,,,Already, in the streets, I hear many of them calling me 'Kunta'.'

Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo is being lined up to star in a multi-million dollar remake of the epic TV series Roots.

Producers say the star's treatment at the hands of Manchester United make him the perfect choice to portray the young African slave who is beaten by his brutal masters.

The Portuguese winger said he had been traumatised by 'outrageous' demands that he honour the £125,000 a week, legally-binding contract, which has brought him only, misery, adulation and Gemma Atkinson.

Speaking from the titanium gazebo in the rose garden of his 31-room mansion, Ronaldo said: 'I feel I can relate to the suffering of African slaves.

'If anything, it is worse, because footballers cannot sing while we work, whereas they had time to develop gospel music during their 16-hours shifts before dropping dead from exhaustion.'

In the series a young African boy is dragged from his homeland and shipped to America where he is forced to work in the fields by a cruel and violent plantation owner.

'The similarities are uncanny, though admittedly, the Lear Jet that flew me from Lisbon to Manchester wasn't packed with 150 other players sleeping head-to-toe.'

Ronaldo also conceded that, while the slave-master in Roots administered brutal beatings, Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson had nurtured his talent, lavished him with praise and turned him into one of the best footballers in the world.

'But without the freedom to do whatever I want, wherever I want, for whatever fee I want, I am exactly the same as a cotton picker forced to live in a shed, dying at the age of 32.'

He added: 'I know the people will love my acting.,,,,,Already, in the streets, I hear many of them calling me 'Kunta'.'

i had to lol at this

LOL! Good post my friend. Made me laugh.

Why is Rafa not signing Wingers. Pennant is not good enough, Kuyt as a RW is not great and Babel is not a Left Winger. Honestly do not be suprised if Keane is asked to play LW. If Rafa keeps Gerrard just behind Torres then I not sure where else Keane will play.

Remember that Rafa had Sinama Pongelle who was a striker but was asked to play out wide. Cisse was asked to play RW more often then upfront, Kuyt is a forward who play's RW and Babel is a striker who plays out wide..

Because the market is full of top quality wingers at the moment isn't it. Pretty much every top team lacks decent wingers. Chelsea have to play Malouda ffs. I'd rather play Kuyt then Malouda personaly.

It's not just Liverpool that need to buy wingers. Arsenal don't have any actual wingers, Chelsea have Malouda and SWP both so shit they generally play Kalou and Joe Cole out of position. Man United have to play a 2 seasons past it Giggs.

Giggs is fucking awesome, and there are plenty of good wingers. Malouda just hasn't fitted into Chelsea, he was very very good at Lyon. Kalou is good and you can't forget SWP. Then there is the abundance of Portuguese wingers, Quaresma, Simão. If Liverpool pushed hard enough I'm sure they could have got Robinho who can play on the wing.

The market IS full of top quality wingers, just depends who wants to go to Liverpool.

Petit being a defensive midfielder?

Edit: and the only thing Giggs has been fucking awesome at in the last 2 seasons is failing to control the ball and trying to attempt ridiculous passes and giving the ball away.

Simao has only just moved to Atletico Madrid and they are in the champions league so are unlikely to sell. Quaresma is a cunt and blew his chance at Barcelona, Porto are likely to want serious money for him.

Still shows that there isn't exactly a drought for wingers. You could take Chris Eagles off us.... please... anyone take Chris Eagles....... anyone....

Central midfielders please Arsene!!!! Otherwise we won't win anything again!

Still shows that there isn't exactly a drought for wingers. You could take Chris Eagles off us.... please... anyone take Chris Eagles....... anyone....

funny you mention that hes just signed for Burnley for 1 million :D

Central midfielders please Arsene!!!! Otherwise we won't win anything again!

Umm though I'd kind of agree, we do have Cesc, Denilson, Diaby, Ramsay... Just need possibly a defensive midfielder, if we hadn't sold Diarra we'd be sorted.

Simao has only just moved to Atletico Madrid and they are in the champions league so are unlikely to sell. Quaresma is a cunt and blew his chance at Barcelona, Porto are likely to want serious money for him.

Has Simao gone to Athletico??!! I never heard anything about that!

Umm though I'd kind of agree, we do have Cesc, Denilson, Diaby, Ramsay... Just need possibly a defensive midfielder, if we hadn't sold Diarra we'd be sorted.

Thoroughly agreed, but our name is being tossed into particular hats here and there (Veloso at the top of my head).

It would have been nice to have kept hold of Diarra, but that's a totally different story.

yeah he came in either just before or after they sold Torres

Has Simao gone to Athletico??!! I never heard anything about that!

Hes been there for a season already

Sunderland saw and seized the opportunity which is fair play on their part, but I really don't see the point of him joining another struggling Premier League club.

Struggling? The season hasn't kicked off yet and we're already struggling? I'm confused. We've had 1 season in the EPL - Hardly struggling. I personally think that Diouf is a decent (potentially excellent) player and his signing is possibly a step in the right direction for Sunderland in their aim of becoming a long-term premier league club. :smile:

Closing the deal on Bentley; and apparently in talks with Arshavin. I really hope we can reach a deal with Arashavin - he looks like a quality player, who could lend alot to our team.

This evening, Aston Villa can announce that Gareth Barry will be staying with the club following the interest from Liverpool over recent months.

During discussions in the past few days, a final deadline to conclude this episode was set that all parties were aware of and agreed to. This deadline has now passed and so Gareth will remain with Villa.

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~1354618,00.html

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Seriously though if I was a Villa fan I wouldn't want him back at the club. If a player comes out says the things he has I wouldn't want him at my football club.

In Arsenal news we got a new guy today Armaury Bischoff, really hoping this wasn't the one signing Wenger said he had planned. I was hoping for someone with a little bit of experience. This guy played one game for Werder Bremen..

Seriously though if I was a Villa fan I wouldn't want him back at the club. If a player comes out says the things he has I wouldn't want him at my football club.

If that was the case, then you would be in the minority.

Like I've said before: Barry has spent 10 years at Villa, and he's become a brilliant player who's served us well during his time. Especially in the last couple of seasons.

The fact that I, and about 38,000 other Villa fans, cheered him at the Intertoto match on Saturday must have shown that, despite what he said, we still want him at the club. And because Liverpool didn't put their hands in their pockets when it came to buying him, it became blindingly obvious that Villa value him more than Liverpool do.

The fact that he actually played on Saturday means that he wouldn't have been able to play Champions League football had he joined Liverpool. But if he still wanted to join Liverpool, then he would have said to MON "I don't want to play on Saturday.". However, he said the opposite.