N-Europe

Make your choice.

Ellmeister

Which ice-cream brand do you prefer?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which ice-cream brand do you prefer?

• Ben and Jerrys
    • Haagen Daaz
    • Other Ice Cream (please post which and why!)

Ben and Jerrys. First tried some Chocolate Fudge Brownie at the cinema a few years ago, which had added fudge sauce on top, and it's the best on the market imo. Rarely buy it for myself at home though, unless there is a special offer at a supermarket.

Carte D'Or and Cream of Cornish ice cream come in second place, but they get boring fast after a few portions.

voting for other kinds of ruins the point. my question was who would you choose between b&j and haagen. But alas I don't care =]

seriously, ben and jerrys not having much difference from normal? Whoever said that (already forgotten :p) is a madman/woman!!!!!

Cherry garcia is delicious! And cookie dough, well I'd challenge anyone to find a normal ice cream flavour that is similar.

Tescos toffee ice-cream is also a favourite of mine. Its cheap and tasty :D Like dom's mum (sorry couldn't resist Dom, that was for the comment the other night) :heh::indeed:

seriously, ben and jerrys not having much difference from normal? Whoever said that (already forgotten :p) is a madman/woman!!!!!

I assume you're talking about me;

A) I didnt quite say that.

B) Curse you for forgetting what I said.

What I mean is, although the different flavours and fillings are impressive, the actual ice cream itself is not that special.

As you said Cookie Dough is amazing. However its the cookie dough that makes it amazing....and the rest of the ice cream is just vanilla with dark chocolate chips...not "Mmmmm this is so amazing" with every bite.

Comparing this (although...IMHO incomparable due to differences, but a close ish alternative)

Cookies and Cream - amazing with every mouthful. The sweet, creamy cream ice cream (crreeeaaaam) is just luxuriously deliciously tasting and the oreo bits go perfectly with it.

Also certiain little madams just fish out the Cookie Dough/Brownie bits when we have BandJ so I get to the tub and its all normal ice cream....although thats not BandJs fault. :(:bowdown:

Neopolitan for wins

300px-Neapolitan.jpg

Used to get it in Asda when I lived in scotland, and it reminds me of home!

Probably why its my favourite : peace:

Apparently you used to get Pistachio flavour in that. (my favourite) :(

Ah here we go.

1885 - "Neapolitan or Pinachee Cream Ice"

"You must have a Neapolitan box for this ice and fill it up in 3 or 4 layers with different coloured and flavoured ice creams (a water ice may be used with the custards); for instance, lemon, vanilla, chocolate, and pistachio. Mould in the patent ice cave for about 1½ to 2 hours, turn it out, cut it in slices, and arrange neatly on the dish, on a napkin or dish-paper."[5]

Just saw an advert on TV stating that there's some Ben and Jerrys available for £2.25 at Somerfield stores, so go grab a pot and see what you've missed out on, while everyone else can go stock up!

That's supposed to be a bargain? I've had shits with more quantity than those tiny tubs of Ben & Jerry's.

Sorry Rez :) My mind hasn't been with it :p

I agree with what you mean though! The ice-cream itself isn't that different but overall with everything I think its clearly the best.

Neopolitan is also amazing except when my family has it, everyone takes their favourite flavour. So I'm usually left with whatever :( bad times.

Sorry Rez :) My mind hasn't been with it :p

I agree with what you mean though! The ice-cream itself isn't that different but overall with everything I think its clearly the best.

Neopolitan is also amazing except when my family has it, everyone takes their favourite flavour. So I'm usually left with whatever :( bad times.

:(:(

We always have a bit of all the flavours, that's the whole point of neopolitan!

:(:(

We always have a bit of all the flavours, that's the whole point of neopolitan!

When we used to get neopolitan I think chocolate was left. :o I always took all the strawberry. :heh:

I don't really have much Ice cream these days only in the summer (though I normally have an ice lolly :))

And I very rarely have Ben and Jerry's or Haggan Duss (or however it's spelt!)

But I love Cookie dough which I think was Ben and Jerry's so prefer them. :p

Mainly just get a tub of vanilla and make my own cone with all sorts of suprise.

One time peanut butter was put in there with out my knowing, which made for an interesting experience!

Hands down Haagen Daz.

People who say B&J are kidding themselves. Take plain chocolate flavour for example - The B&J chocolate ice cream tastes completely normal. Not outstandingly different or delicious in any way. The Haagen Daz one is just epic though! Yummm...And Im not normally a fan of chocolate ice cream anyway.

I digress, although Ben and Jerrys have a large library of very exotic flavours, they often fall flat and the lack of high quality or non standard ingredients hurts them. Phish Food for example - although nice, it is just normal ice cream, just normal bog standard caramel, and normal chocolate pieces etc...then lets take Haagen Daz Pralines and Cream. The ice cream is out of this world...so smooth and luxurious, the pecans and caramelised, and the texture is devine, and the caramel is the most delicious and rich treat a tongue can ask for.

In conclusion Ben and Jerrys are nice, but not exactly delicious or speakable ingredients.

Haagen Daz you can feel the richness and quality with every spoonful. This is fact.

you've said it all for me. Pralines and Cream is the sex. Seriously. BJs (hehe) just tastes of normal shit. HD just tastes....divine

Ben and Jerry's for me because they do Fossil Fuel which I love because I'm geeky like that and can pretend I'm excavating real fossils and not chocolate ones. Sometimes I disgust myself.

LOL.

skjdfksbfkshflsdlksdyguvg