N-Europe

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

Daft

Holland have been brilliant so far!

At the start of the tournament I wanted either Portugal (I support Man United so there's the Ronaldo and Nani link) or Holland (Van der Sar and the fact that I have 'orange' (ginger) hair :heh:) to win, but I think I'm just gonna support Holland from now own, I've enjoyed watching their games much more than Portugal's.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holland have been brilliant so far!

At the start of the tournament I wanted either Portugal (I support Man United so there's the Ronaldo and Nani link) or Holland (Van der Sar and the fact that I have 'orange' (ginger) hair :heh:) to win, but I think I'm just gonna support Holland from now own, I've enjoyed watching their games much more than Portugal's.

Same here with the Man United support, but I always had this thing for Holland and I love Van Der Vaart :S :P

What happens if Italy and France draw and Holland beat Romania, all three will be on 2 points and they would have drawn with each other so head to head would be useless?!

Head to head results, then goals scored, then FIFA rankings which would put Italy through I think.

Head to head results, then goals scored, then FIFA rankings which would put Italy through I think.

Going by Fifa rankings is retarded though, why should the so called better teams who have struggled be rewarded when the 'worse' teams did so well to get into that position just be chucked out, very harsh I say!

Going by Fifa rankings is retarded though, why should the so called better teams who have struggled be rewarded when the 'worse' teams did so well to get into that position just be chucked out, very harsh I say!

Yeah it's pretty harsh, also if only 2 teams are tied and they play each other in the final match it goes to a penalty shoot out. (which we could see if the Czechs and Turkey draw on Sunday)

Also while Holland have been fucking excellent they will bottle it at some point, probably in the next round. They much like Spain have a history of walking the group stages then imploding in the knockout rounds.

I just watched the highlights of the Netherlands game last night, and, by god, Sneijder's goal was amazing.

My money is on the Dutch to win it all...

I do love the dutch and hope they win it too...I just have this gut feeling that they are peaking too soon....and that when it comes to the quarters or semi finals, they will go out. It always happens IMO. Look at Argentina in the last world cup.

I do love the dutch and hope they win it too...I just have this gut feeling that they are peaking too soon....and that when it comes to the quarters or semi finals, they will go out. It always happens IMO. Look at Argentina in the last world cup.

Hmm, true. I think their main opposition will be the Spanish, who were certainly on form, and we'll see how they do against Sweden later. :awesome:

Nice game yesterday. I kind of felt we stole the victory and France deserved more though. We're just so incredibly effective all of the sudden, and our offense is the best of the tourney without a doubt.

Yeah going by fifa rankings does suck, surely the lower ranked team should be rewarded for finishing level with a higher ranked team...

Anyway beats a coin toss which they used to do...before penalties came around they used to use to decide matches...madness...

Still supporting my original bet of Croatia and my boy Niko Kranjcar...

Yeah going by fifa rankings does suck, surely the lower ranked team should be rewarded for finishing level with a higher ranked team...

Anyway beats a coin toss which they used to do...before penalties came around they used to use to decide matches...madness...

Still supporting my original bet of Croatia and my boy Niko Kranjcar...

as far as I'm aware if 2 teams finish level on points, head to heads, gd, goals scored, then they have penalties to decide who goes through. This will happen tomorrow if Czech Republic and Turkey draw.

Don't know what happens with 3 teams though :)

as far as I'm aware if 2 teams finish level on points, head to heads, gd, goals scored, then they have penalties to decide who goes through. This will happen tomorrow if Czech Republic and Turkey draw.

Don't know what happens with 3 teams though :)

I think that only happens if the two teams are actually playing each other...what would they do if the two teams weren't playing? arrange a penalty shoot out between the teams err... no...

I've just checked it out and it comes from the co-efficients from the last 2 qualifying tournaments (WC 06 and Euro 08) if teams are level.

If the 2 teams that are level on every stat (points, GD, GS, etc) are playing each other it goes to penalties, other wise it goes to the co-efficient.

so in Group A, it'll go to penalties between the Czechs and Turks

group B Poland go through if tied with Austria for 2nd due to better co-ef

group C if the 3 teams are tied then Italy go through as their co-ef (2.36) is better than Romania (2.25) and France (2.09) although if Romania lose by more than 3 goals and France and Italy draw then it's penalties again

group D can't end this way due to Sweden's superior GD

Bloody hell, if Spain plays like this from now on, even Romania can take'm on. Tomorrow will provide clarity on Puyol's injury, though I think it's likely it'll have a detrimental effect on his performances: think about it, when PUYOL walks off the field, you know something's got to be wrong.

I've just checked it out and it comes from the co-efficients from the last 2 qualifying tournaments (WC 06 and Euro 08) if teams are level.

If the 2 teams that are level on every stat (points, GD, GS, etc) are playing each other it goes to penalties, other wise it goes to the co-efficient.

so in Group A, it'll go to penalties between the Czechs and Turks

group B Poland go through if tied with Austria for 2nd due to better co-ef

group C if the 3 teams are tied then Italy go through as their co-ef (2.36) is better than Romania (2.25) and France (2.09) although if Romania lose by more than 3 goals and France and Italy draw then it's penalties again

group D can't end this way due to Sweden's superior GD

So kinda what I said.