N-Europe

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

Daft

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was bollocks. I thought when Gigi saved the penalty to even it up that that was the turning point but no, Di Natale got his saved straight after. Argh! Del Piero should have been taking a penalty and Luca Toni probably too rather than the inexperienced Di Natale. :weep:

Germany for the win now. Versus Russia in the final. Spain can piss right off.

I love to watch teams playing good pacey attacking football.

So, in that respect, I'm glad that Italy have been knocked out. Wait, did I say glad? I meant fucking ecstatic.

I can't stand teams who play that way. Anyone would think it was Newport County against Arsenal. I'm not a fan of the 8-1-1 system they've been playing, so they can fuck right off.

Spain deserved to win, but when the game went into penalties I was thinking Italy were going to sneak it. A bit of a shame that Spain didn't win by 5-0. Only THEN would it have been a moral victory for attacking football.

Di Natale's penalty was amusing to watch in the replay if you looked at the Spanish crowd, as they rightly didn't like him.

Spain played the better game and deserved to go through, Italy were just a bit too willing to sit back and defend.

So, Germany and Turkey tonight. Anybody excited? Predictions.

3 - 0 to Germany, imo.

Turkey have too many players out via suspension or injuries, and they would have had a hard enough job against the Germans in the first place.

Germany seem to have got their act together, and showed a good display against the Portuguese (admit it, Shino). I expect their star players to show us what they can do.

1 - 0 at half time, with another two goals coming in second half. :)

I'm glad Germany have equalized, looks like this could be quite a sparky game.

I just hope "Safe Hands" LameMan Le-mon doesn't have a mare. :indeed:

Lemon almost fluffed another one, from a free kick which was a good way out. Dunno what he's doing...

It's a very good quality game. Around the 40 minute mark, Germany took the ball upfield, then Turkey just came right back at them and it resulted in a chance for them. I wouldn't bet against Turkey grabbing a goal before half time.

Lemon almost fluffed another one, from a free kick which was a good way out. Dunno what he's doing...

It's a very good quality game. Around the 40 minute mark, Germany took the ball upfield, then Turkey just came right back at them and it resulted in a chance for them. I wouldn't bet against Turkey grabbing a goal before half time.

Haven't you learned not to make bets/predictions yet!? I'm just glad you predicted the Germany win, since that almost guarantees the Turks a win, which is what I want! :heh:

Really good first half, suppose it would be kind of ironic if the one game the Turks deserve to win they lose, especially after the game with Croatia!