N-Europe

Spyborgs

Dante

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think that the guy in the video would be careful of using the words 'bad port' when working with capcom but I think it's quite funny as it's a little sly hint at the debacle that was Dead Rising, amongst other bad ports from other developers. :D

It looks good but I honetsly don't think the WiiMotion Plus is necessary to push the game that bit further because as an action title, there isn't anything that needs it and the Spy camera thing certainly doesn't need it as it's not a completely imperative feature that you need to use to complete stages/the game.

Oh, and it's kind of strange that GT mixed in the old footage of the game with the new stuff. I know there's not a whole lot of footage of the new look but why did they mix in the old stuff? ::shrug:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GT review:

Story: 6.0

Design: 5.9

Gameplay: 5.0

Presentation: 7.8

Overall: 5.5

In general they say that while the graphics and presentation may lead you to think that Spyborgs is a AAA title, the gameplay doesn't hold up and its pretty boring! Basically, download Streets of Rage 2 or River City Ransom onto your Virtual Console.

• 3 months later...

Bumpworthy:

The short version: Nothing but praise for this title. So far it's a 10/10.

Got this dirt cheap on shopto.net's sale, thought i'd try it out last night. 1 of my housemates was around so i stuck a mote in his hand to help try out the first stage in co-op.

• Died pretty quickly. Restarted.
  • Got a bit further, 1 of us died, other got further still, then died.

Realised this is no Lego Star Wars / Indy, it's not gonna hold your hand and encourage you through the story. It's tough...yet it felt great - the characters' handling and even quicktime waggle events are really accurate. Yes, waggle and accurate in the same sentence. Who would've thought.

• Restarted after rethinking the strategy, and got a lot further. Died in the final room.
  • 4th time, 1 of us survived the final room (after a wave of baddies the other player is respawned) so we finished the 1st level.
  • Upgraded health/damage & without even hesitating, started the next stage.
  • Died a couple of times, but getting further each time. Felt great. Finished 1-2.
  • Upgraded again, went onto 1-3. Same for 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7.
  • Realised the 15 minute "try out" had become 2 hours. Figured we were close enough to the final 1-* boss, so carried on with 1-8.
  • Amazingly impressive boss fight, finished the 1st section of the game.

Yes, under the hood, this is a classic arcade brawler. It's also probably the most fun co-op Wii game you'll ever play.

Graphics are amazing, some of the best seen on Wii. The characters' models & animations are great, and some of the environments look like the developers have found the Wii's secret pixel shader chip.

It runs at a solid 60fps. Not only helps the graphics look extra slick & polished, but helps gameplay & controls.

The controls and handling are spot on & responsive, never feeling unfair. Even the quicktime combo moves which use waggle are probably the most accurate i've seen. The transitions between the players' moves/anims flow seamlessly.

Music & sound effects are great & atmospheric.

You can pick up this game really cheap now. Do it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!