N-Europe

Dumb/Funny names for locations.

Oxigen_Waste

pqp_onibus.jpg

pomandar.bmp

"Puta que pariu" means something like Son of a Bitch, and its a neighbourhood in Brazil.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

God, of all the town/neighbourhood names I've seen, that's the most explicit one. And I don't think there's a similar English equivalent.

And after all that's been said...I guess "Cu do Lobo" (Wolf's Ass) is the only one I can remember, but I'm not even sure it really exists.

Although I know a city called Sanguedo, which basically means "Blood Bath". Faro is pretty ridiculous, too, knowing what it means.

I've been in the Devil's Arse! :heh:

As Ramar said, there's a village called Cockenhoe near here.

I have a photo of my somewhere by a street sign in the Highlands somewhere. Road's name? Gay Lane Terrace.

People always find "Berliner" (as in a person from Berlin) funny, once they find in German, "Berliner" means "doughnut". Personally, I find Essen (a city in Germany) funnier. Why? "Essen" is Germany for "ate". Well, I thought it was funny...

Actually, Essen (with a capital letter) means food. And essen (without a capital) means "to eat". So it's still fairly funny anyway, I bet they have some good restaurants.

Didn't JFK go to Berlin and in a speech he said "Ich bin ein Berliner"? Made quite a few Germans laugh.

Aalborg, we have many more fun place names in Denmark! Not all of them are grammatically correct, but still.

"Lem", which means "penis" (albeit a politically correct term)

"Tarm", which means "intestine"

"Thisted", which means "pee place" when spoken out loud (not the way it's spelled)

"Tisvilde", which roughly means "pee wild"

Actually, Essen (with a capital letter) means food. And essen (without a capital) means "to eat". So it's still fairly funny anyway, I bet they have some good restaurants.

Didn't JFK go to Berlin and in a speech he said "Ich bin ein Berliner"? Made quite a few Germans laugh.

Grammar nazi...

He should have said "Ich bin Berliner", unless he thought he was a tasty snack.

No one has mentioned Groupecunt Lane in London yet...