NEurope
Daft

Eurovision

never would have guessed Montenegro would give the 12 points to Serbia ;)

I may go ladbrokes next year and ask for a sweepstake on what countries will vote for who cos it's so damn predictable I think I will easily win some moolah.

never would have guessed Montenegro would give the 12 points to Serbia ;)

Yeah it's not like there were both one country last year :heh:

right that's over now.... think i'll fire up Guitar Hero now

Effectively at the bottom on the league table. Why do we bother? It's so political, is it ever about the music?

Effectively at the bottom on the league table.

Don't worry, we were there last year, and look how well we did this year...... oh wait...... *FRACK* :heh:

Effectively at the bottom on the league table. Why do we bother? It's so political, is it ever about the music?

Before they started to let the public vote it was much less political... then again there weren't so many East European countries back then either... i'd like to see them try it again like it was before the public could vote and see if there's much politics in the votes

Well, at least it wasn't Greece. And that ice skater is cool.

But damn, 13th place? With 69 (:heh:) points? Language has to have something to do with this. I bet we got votes from Andorra because they could understand some Portuguese.

For next year:

-Plan A: Support the Spanish separatist movements;

-Plan B: Support the return of actual Eurovision judges. Apparently, the critics loved Portugal.

I have another plan, put the eastern block back together together.

I have another plan, put the eastern block back together together.

That would work...Just bomb some of those countries, and they would be forced to re-unite to survive...

The result from the semi-finals are out. Some interesting things, Ireland and Belgium was 15th and 17th in the first semi-final and Portugal got second place and Sweden was the wild card selected by a jury in the second semi-final.

It's funny, because you listen to the cheesy people attempting to sing in English, and let's face it, it's absolutely atrocious. Music day-in, day-out is better than that in our country, as was our UK entry, yet the silly bastards in the east of Europe continuously vote for each other. Listening to the same airhead score announcers is really trying as well - at times it's difficult to believe the UK is part of Europe.

It doesn't even make sense...why can't the Eastern countries take it less seriously and relax on who they vote for? For some people there it feels as if a bad Eurovision would mean they'd be shot afterwards.

I think the Russian performance was awesome, strings, ice skating, win.

Glad that Greek bitch didn't win it.

Not surprised at UK failing but still saddened, it was a great effort.

I'm quite sad that political voting came into effect once again last night, i see no point with the UK entering next year. We may as well enter the Chancellor Allister Darling next year and get him to read out his budget, may get more votes.

Well Wogan has said he may not do another. I'd be equally pissed off to see it go to the shit after 30 years too, although for British viewers, he IS Eurovision. His commentary makes it worth watching. The best plan of action would be for all the founding nations to just pull out completely, that'll show those Soviet c**ts when they have no MONEY TO HOST THE EVENT!!

mwaha

I'm confused. Why are people saying that France's performance was good? Sure, it was great driving onto the stage in a golf cart, but after that it was the worst (and dullest) song of the show.

LOL, Portuguese stereotype

Pfft, as if we don't get votes from Spain, Andorra and France. :heh:

Jonnas, are we (portuguese) the guy in the right from the Iberian Mini-Block?

I didn't know we had that stereotype, LOL!!!

But it rulls ^^

Jonnas, are we (portuguese) the guy in the right from the Iberian Mini-Block?

I didn't know we had that stereotype, LOL!!!

But it rulls ^^

Alentejanos / Zé Povinho.

That is the Portuguese stereotype around the world. Even in the Asterix books they appear like that. :heh: