NEurope
Daft

Eurovision

Alentejanos / Zé Povinho.

That is the Portuguese stereotype around the world. Even in the Asterix books they appear like that. :heh:

There's labregos in Asterix?

There's labregos in Asterix?

The people born in Lusitannia have a striking resemblance to the Alentejano stereotype.

But I don't think they're "Labregos".

I didn't know we had that stereotype, LOL!!!

But it rulls ^^

lol, man the difference a few years make.

Ahhahahahahah, our stereotype is the funniest thing i ever saw.

Even the Europeans see us like that? Wow.

Its just like me with the Irish, no technology, just Taverns, Bar's and Druken guy's.

Ha, the Swedes are moaning over how the "Nordic Alliance" failed, claiming we betrayed them >_>

On the other hand, the Iberian mini-block was working better than ever. It still wasn't nearly enough, though. :heh:

Today I watched the song of Georgia, and, I'm afraid I'm hooked

The show was too funny and it sounds as if she's singing Save me from the beast will come (instead of ...peace will come)

Also; the poor thing is blind, and fools keep putting her in the most awful clothes

Man I'm hooked on Bosnia and Herzegovina's song!

One thing I've noticed this year, everyone's complaining about so-called 'political voting'. I have a few problems with this:

1) I'm yet to see proof that these countries are voting for their 'friends' as opposed to just voting for songs they happen to like. Perhaps they vote for each other because they're so close together that they share similar cultures and similar music tastes?

2) If the UK came a bit closer to the top no one would be saying anything about political voting. Besides, Andy sucks.

3) Who cares if it's political? It's not about who wins, it's about watching a kick ass show!

4) A lot of the people who have been complaining about political voting have also told me eurovision is 'a load of rubbish' and they didn't watch it. If you think it's a load of rubbish then don't fucking complain, asshole!

(sorry bout that last one, the person that said that just *really* pissed me off the other day. Had to get it off my chest ;-)) (and no the person isn't on n-europe)

1) I'm yet to see proof that these countries are voting for their 'friends' as opposed to just voting for songs they happen to like. Perhaps they vote for each other because they're so close together that they share similar cultures and similar music tastes?

I agree with this. I wasn't voting for Spain because they're my neighbours. I was voting Spain because I found it fun, perhaps because I understood some of the lyrics, and some of the (semi)political references. I bet no other European countries hold such a close relation to Venezuela to laugh at the "Porqué no te callas?" reference.

However, it still gives an advantage to the eastern countries. They're more numerous. And closer than most of the western countries. A guy can sing a popular Russian song, and many eastern countries will like it, while the westerners will think it's generic.

Plus, the "immigrants" issue is real. Portugal gave Ukraine 12 points because there are plenty of Ukrainian immigrants here (it wasn't the only reason, but the Ukraine support is recurring). It's the same reason we always get plenty of points from France and Switzerland.

Having said all this, the songs on top are still popular on their own. Someone here already said Serbia would've won last year, even without their neighbouring support.

Personally, I thought Russia actually put a nice show this year, with the ice skating and all. I'm just glad Greece or Ukraine didn't win. Those were bad (although it's the kind of thing that's popular nowadays)

2) If the UK came a bit closer to the top no one would be saying anything about political voting. Besides, Andy sucks.

Well, UK's entry was pretty forgettable. When was the last time they sent a memorable entry, anyway?

3) Who cares if it's political? It's not about who wins, it's about watching a kick ass show!

This, I agree 100%. It was still a great show. There are always good moments to be had, wether the songs are good or bad.

Well, UK's entry was pretty forgettable. When was the last time they sent a memorable entry, anyway?

The would be Gina G with Just a Little Bit or Katrina and the Waves with Love Shine a Light. Since then it's been a bit of a dire input from the UK.

Andy's performance was the greatest we have had in a long time, we deserved much more than 14 points :/

The would be Gina G with Just a Little Bit or Katrina and the Waves with Love Shine a Light. Since then it's been a bit of a dire input from the UK.

Another memorable UK entry would be the one from 5 years ago, when we got 'nul points'. Doubt that one will be lived down.

After Eurovision had finished, it only took me today to realise that I don't actually care about Eurovision. I really don't. I didn't watch it this time around, and I have never particularly bothered to watch it.

The only time I was really bothered about it was in '98 when it was in Birmingham, and in '06 when Finland won it with Lordi. Then again I only watched the voting both those times.

But still, even if we were to win Eurovision again, I doubt I'd be that bothered. Although I would be very surprised considering the voting.

Eurovision is a complete joke. no way the bin man should have come last.

Pisses me off all this political voting

Hahaha, apparently some Eastern European countries want Britains automatic qualification removed because it makes the competition "too biased towards the west."

:laughing:

Hahaha, apparently some Eastern European countries want Britains automatic qualification removed because it makes the competition "too biased towards the west."

:laughing:

Bah. They have their priorities in the wrong order. There are 3 problems with Eurovision, nowadays:

1-Usually, scantily clad women and pretty boys get more votes than they should, because they're all show. It can't be helped, I suppose.

2-The fact that the UK, Germany, Spain and France always get to the finals is a bit unfair. They're basically buying their way to the finals. Still, the lesser of two evils.

3-The big advantage that the Eastern countries have is more than unfair. Although it doesn't exactly define the winner (unlike many people like to believe), it certainly messes up the pole position, and takes away much credibility from the event.

If I were among the heads of Eurovision (whoever they are), I'd to try to find a way to correct the voting system, since it's becoming very unpopular in the west.

Something like limiting each phone number to 3 votes, or to include your personal Top 10 with each vote. As it stands now, it's very flawed, easily abusable, and unbalanced.