NEurope
Daft

Eurovision

That's why Eastern Europe wins and we don't. They are better than us.

So the obvious connection between massive points from ex-members of the Warsaw pact for each other is just because their songs are better and not because of different reasons?

There are a lot of statistics about this topic and I don't believe that last year the balkan won the places 1-16 just because of their superior performance and songwriting skills.

If it is really about talent a rule change won't be a problem. Can't understand why some people don't see the OBVIOUS. This is not about being a sore loser because country X only got Y points - this contest is not about music only but has to much political influence.

Also don't get me started why Turkey, Israel, ... participate in a EUROvision song contest...

Apparently this Spanish one is...interesting. :D

EDIT: yep, it is!

system_error, Turkey is partly European, if I'm not mistaken.

Azerbeijan was awesome (aside from chicken-voiced man).

Hmmm, I dunno what to think of Spain...

WHAT did one of the dancer fall

If she did, she styled it out well as it looked like part of the routine at the end of it. Haha dear oh dear.

system_error, Turkey is partly European, if I'm not mistaken.

Turkey is historically and culturally considered as Europe (hence why it's applying for the EU).

It's now a 3 horse race - Spain, France, and Latvia.

Was that intentional? She got up in a strangely robotic fashion.

Ok, Spain was nice.

So the obvious connection between massive points from ex-members of the Warsaw pact for each other is just because their songs are better and not because of different reasons?

There are a lot of statistics about this topic and I don't believe that last year the balkan won the places 1-16 just because of their superior performance and songwriting skills.

If it is really about talent a rule change won't be a problem. Can't understand why some people don't see the OBVIOUS. This is not about being a sore loser because country X only got Y points - this contest is not about music only but has to much political influence.

Also don't get me started why Turkey, Israel, ... participate in a EUROvision song contest...

Greece was in top ten last year I think. Borderline yes, but not entirely Eastern European. To my defence, if you count only the Western European votes last year, Serbia would have won anyway and Sweden entered top ten because of good neighbours.

Eurovision has nothing to do about Europe.

i almost forgot and turned on at song number 15 i think it was, have Finland sung already? i was looking to see them. from what i did see Azerbaijan and Latvia (i love Pirates) will be gettin a vote from me

As Wogan said, Russia's has a lot of potential.

For votes, that is...

I think Greece will do well but I want France to win.

Russia's is the favourite.

I can see why. It is a plain 'pop' song, pretty safe, with a pretty russian boy.

Don't really like it though.

Well geographically and culturally Turkey is not really Europe - but okay lets count them as Europe but what about Israel?

I mean last year Russia with Serebro second place winners (TaTu 2003, 3rd place) - yeah those girls might look hot but the song is not really associated with great talent...

Yeah forgot about Greece - the exception in my statistic last year. I don't say that it is a problem if a country from the Balkan wins. As mentioned Serbia would have won without those votes anyway - but what about the rest. What about all the great songs which don't even make it to the final show because of a corrupted political voting galore.

I just want that the BEST songs get their fair share of attention and not the nationality where it comes from. All I am saying is that the voting system is still flawed and I am not the only one who doesn't like that thus a lot of countries wanted a change and I am sure the rules will be adapted even more because the song contest costs a lot of money.

Hey im adding that Bosnia song to the list.

so Bosnia/France/Spain/Latvian pirates FTW

:D

I voted for Armenia, Georgia and Greece. But Latvia and Serbia are great too.

Serebro was third, Ukraine was second.

WTF???

The Orchestra for Weddings and Funerals?????

Holy crap i wouldn't want them playing at either my wedding or funeral

Anyway, I voted for Finland, Latvia and Azerbaijan