NEurope
marcel

MadWorld

50€ with a limited time discount (for all games alike) here in Belgium.

Damn this game is great. Laughing my ass off.

any tips to get different kills without environmental hazards? I keep getting the heart and spine ones....

I thought you were talking about me for a second :heh:

Haha, awesome. Nah, not this time Franklin ;)

any tips to get different kills without environmental hazards? I keep getting the heart and spine ones....

I've seen a jumping back breaker, a well over the top neck breaker, i've caught someone on my chainsaw (seen a few with the chainsaw actually), and one specific one with the daggers.

I've only done the first two areas, but this game is sooo much fun.

I cannot recommend it as much as it deserves. :bouncy:

To short and to easy. About 3hours and only one "game over" on my run.

-Still a great game though :)

Is anyone else sharing my disbelief that this game actually received a classification without any major problems with the BBFC or PEGI?

Is anyone else sharing my disbelief that this game actually received a classification without any major problems with the BBFC or PEGI?

Not really. If you take out the blood, the game isn't much more violent than the type of cartoon 6 year olds watch.

I do, its cartoony and all but some of those can be pretty... disturbing. And awesome.

Not really. If you take out the blood, the game isn't much more violent than the type of cartoon 6 year olds watch.

Damn, I'm getting old. My TMNT never ripped anyone in half.

Don't forget Pokemon slayed children with guns and seizures.

Looks like MadWorld didn't exactly set the UK charts on fire. #29 on the Individual Formats chart, #34 on the All Formats and #6 on the Wii chart.

Alright America, looks like we're even after you failed with Overkill. How about we put our differences aside and buy some games?

Edited by D_prOdigy
Automerged Doublepost

Don't forget Pokemon slayed children with guns and seizures.

Looks like MadWorld didn't exactly set the UK charts on fire. #29 on the Individual Formats chart, #34 on the All Formats and #6 on the Wii chart.

Alright America, looks like we're even after you failed with Overkill. How about we put our differences aside and buy some games?

I think it sold 60,000 in the states...well back when i last heard.

I think it sold 60,000 in the states...well back when i last heard.

Yeah I know. I find it weird how say, House of the Dead Overkill makes such a small impact in the US, but performs very well in the UK, while MadWorld makes a decent splash in the US, but enters the chart so low in the UK.

That was the sales of the first 3 days.

yes so it's not exactly fair to compare..

I;m not sure what developers are expecting here but this is the first game in a possible series.. It's a black and wite cel shaded title.... considering all this it ain't doing too bad.. UNknowledgable gamers aren;t going to take a chance in this..

house of the dead however is an established franchise.. Gamers know what they are getting themselves into.. That's why spinoff are stupid also and I'm not sure a game like Dead space on wii will sell..

Conduit has a good chance because it's not exactly breaking any risky ground.. It ain't black and white or cel shaded.

Well i am seeing advertising so maybe it will pick up. :geek:

Yeah, maybe. But even without advertising, that is pretty bad for a good Sega game.

Off topic, Killzone 2 is doing well which is nice to see. Didn't suddenly drop out of the charts which I'm sure is what a lot of people were expecting.

"Week ending 21st March"

So that chart is only based off one days worth of sales for MadWorld.

I think people seem to have abnormally high expectations for a brand new IP that also has such a drasticly different visual style than what people are used to.

Do I want it to sell more, yes of course i do, it's a brilliant game, but I don't expect it to sell buckets on day one, it will (hopefully) be one that starts to sell more as time passes, as people read more reviews and maybe even play test it first.

My bad, I thought it came out the same week as Resi 5.

It did in the US, Europe only got it on the 20th.

How does everyone like the soundtrack?

not a big fan, i have to say. but i honsetly cant think of any music that would suit it any better.

up to frank. hes a twat, makes me not want to play any more :(

I'm up the Frank too, bloody annoying giant bugger... think I finally figured him out though.... took some time (and lives) to work out when the Power Struggle prompt comes up... finally got it and got him down to about 25% health.... but slipped up and fell down and died... and I only figured this out while on my last life so that was game over... didn't feel much like replaying that level (for the 3rd time in a row) so went back to Great Wall Street to try the DeathWatch Challenge there (get 4 million points), then Heroes finsihed downloading so gonna watch that in a second