NEurope
marcel

MadWorld

Yeeees. Student Loan, in my baaaaank.

Madworld....

titlekk4.png

GET OVER HERE!

Haven't ordered or purchased it yet. I've bought Dewey's Adventure and de Blob today, so maybe I should give them some play time first.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Today, I've finally managed to pick this up. Going to play it in the evening.

Can't believe this thread has died so quickly.

I finally completed this... I quite enjoyed it and will definately come back to it; try and get me somes extreme violences (the elusive b'stards, don't think i managed one).

I slightly rushed the last levels of the game because i wanted to see the conclusion of the story, yet i really wanted to get on with majora's mask (which i'm loving) :D

I can understand why people have found the game slightly repetitive, but that maybe because they're playing it wrong.? the fun is all in the looking for a better kill rather than doing the same kills over and over.

Good Game.

Ok, I've just defeated Little Eddie, so it seems like a good time to give my thoughts on the game.

So far, so very good. The controls are very tight and the graphical style is simply breath-taking. Probably one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, purely because of the style applied. :)

The game itself reminds me of No More Heroes, so I'm wondering if that will come to bite me in the arse or not. It could eventually end up with feeling like its No More Heroes but just a bit more, but I'll need to play more of the game before I make a firm judgement on that.

The way you fight though is excellent. Picking up characters, throwing them, using weapons, finishing moves, it's all pretty well done. :D I love the humour in this game, and it's got the same sort of humour as No More Heroes. The dialogue behind why Little Eddie is called that is pretty funny.

I was talking to ViPeR/Joe whilst playing this, and the first thing I said was "How is this game even legal?! It's so fucking violent." And it really is. Jesus, Sega, I never knew you had it in you.

well, i sold it. my ower all thoughts on as far as i got:

first off, i respect that it was a gamble, somthing diffrent. i just feel it didnt work. i felt the scoring system was what ruined the game, i did enjoy some of the deaths, its just almost every death ahd to be preceded by a variation of the tyre/street sign combination. this got dull quickly.

i did like the boss fights, they offered variety, its just a shame that the run up became such a chore in the end.

all in all, the game seemed to lack polish, i wish they had spent longer putting more variety in. it felt far to much like the same basic kill (tyre, sign, rosebush) redressed to suit the environment.

shame.

Both, him being a huge troll prevents him from having a show longer than that because no one cares to listen to someone trolling for so long.

Granted, he's always pressing the same keys, but he's much more honest and to the point than any other reviewer out there. I mean, go and watch his review of Resident Evil 5... If you've played it, you'll know just how awesome he is. You just can't take what he says about the Wii personally, because it's pretty obivous he's not the biggest Nintendo fan out there.

But he complains about minor faults for the sake of complaining and some entertainment.

That is in no way a good way to review games. I don't take his reviews seriously because of this. His analogies though are funny.

But he complains about minor faults for the sake of complaining and some entertainment.

That is in no way a good way to review games. I don't take his reviews seriously because of this. His analogies though are funny.

his most recent review has him say a game is good, then he says "must find somthing to pick at". its more fun to watch him complain, simple as. his reviews arnt really serious, its more of an excuse for him to be him.

i did feel the madworld review was spot on mind.

Ok, I've spent a bit more time with it today, and I'm in love with this.

The first section, up to Little Eddie I spent most of the game just getting grips with the controls and understanding the game. After playing more of it today, and exploring the different ways in which you can attack your enemies, this is very fucking sweet.

Funny enough, two people came into the room whilst I was playing this. The first one said "ooo, this looks a bit violent, doesn't it?" and the second one said "Wow, it looks like sin city crossed with...something else." So, it obviously means different things to different people. The storyline is just start to come to play now, and that's eased my worries that this was just going to be a bit of a soul-less slasher. If anything, this game reminds me of The Running Man - the excellent film with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

And, this game has given birth to a new cult hero - The Black Baron. I always look forward to his scenes, and his death, haha.

What I must say though is that this game really does depend on what you put into it. Sure, it can get repetitive, but only if you really whore it and lack imagination when it comes to torturing. I'm playing my games differently these days, mainly due to time constraints, but also because I want to get the most time out of them...so I'm being slow deliberately. I'll play for an hour or something, and put it away, or maybe go play something else. It leaves you feeling satisfied, and it means you rarely get bored or frustrated.

So far, that approach is working with this. I'm seriously looking forward to playing more. :)

If anything, this game reminds me of The Running Man - the excellent film with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

That how i described the story to a curious ps3 owning mate :smile:

I'll play for an hour or something, and put it away, or maybe go play something else. It leaves you feeling satisfied, and it means you rarely get bored or frustrated.

I was playing my games like this up until recently; mixing it up between warioland, zack & wiki and madworld, with a large helping of smash bros on the side. justs helps to stop anything that can get repetitive from doing so.

At the moment i've got my hands on Majora's mask (finally, thank you virtual console) so this style of playing has gone straight out of the window as you have to immerse yourself into the experience. Now i'm pretty much just playing zelda, with a small helping of smash bros on the side :grin:

That how i described the story to a curious ps3 owning mate :smile:

It's so much like The Running Man, I'm starting to see the similarities are more focused towards that rather than, say, No More Heroes. They're both very different games, even if they do seem similar at first.

I was playing my games like this up until recently; mixing it up between warioland, zack & wiki and madworld, with a large helping of smash bros on the side. justs helps to stop anything that can get repetitive from doing so.

At the moment i've got my hands on Majora's mask (finally, thank you virtual console) so this style of playing has gone straight out of the window as you have to immerse yourself into the experience. Now i'm pretty much just playing zelda, with a small helping of smash bros on the side :grin:

See, I don't apply this model to Zelda, because I whore that like a crack-addict. When you are given a Zelda, you play that until your eyes die. I don't play anything alongside a Zelda game...because they wouldn't get a look-in.

See, I don't apply this model to Zelda, because I whore that like a crack-addict. When you are given a Zelda, you play that until your eyes die. I don't play anything alongside a Zelda game...because they wouldn't get a look-in.

Exactly...

I'm loving the side questing at the moment. The bombers notebook is genious. G E N I O U S. i'm just running around, investigating the new places. Gonna have me a trip to the ranch tomorrow (went there for the first time earlier tonight), got me some marching to do (if i'm thinking right).

I haven't really progressed that far with the dungeons. I've completed the first one a day or two ago, really enjoyed it even though i did it twice pretty much because i got to the boss door as the end of game timer came up and i didn't want to risk it.

I've figured out the song of time thing now though :D

Its making me smile just writing about this game. but i suppose i should stop hi-jacking the thread...so yeah madworld... great game :grin:

OK so having had this game since launch I FINALLY got round to playing it tonight and blasted through the first level.

Absolutely lovin' it so far!

Had such fun in the train station, especially tyre rangling, sign posting and baseball batting goons on to the roof of passing trains from the 1st floor, where they are carried into the electric ceiling buzzsaws! Hitting home runs with the spiked bat is awesome fun!

Found so many great ways to finish the goons off, and then the Little Eddie fight, which was a good'n!

Looking forward to playing more!!

There's really not much discussion or talk taking place here, is there? Has everyone finished it or just got bored?

I've played this in drips and drabs, due to many reasons. I've played around 5 hours in total of it so far and loving it. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

There's really not much discussion or talk taking place here, is there? Has everyone finished it or just got bored?

I've played this in drips and drabs, due to many reasons. I've played around 5 hours in total of it so far and loving it. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

TBH I got bored of it very quickly, think I killed 3-4 bosses.

I started a new file yesterday. I was simply fed up of having my arse handed to me on a plate on hard mode. I think that's why people don't like discussing the game after their first play through. We all like to boast about being able to impale a guy with five signposts, but eventually, MadWorld teaches the world that deep down, all us gamers are skill-less pussies.

Normal Mode - Absolute fun

Hard Mode - Absolute torture

Hmm... I've just played the second level where Jude the Dude is the boss, and other than the boss fight I didn't enjoy really, what a boring level, there was so little to do on it.

I then did the first motorbike mission which was a bit dissapointing as you just pretty much cruise along on rails and side swipe from time to time; don't think I took any damage even when I thought I was doing so pinned against the barrier.

Didn't enjoy the hurricane guy boss fight either as I couldn't really see any strategy to it once you got up to him.

Also, why can't you block? or can you? what are you supposed to do just jump backwards all the time? and what about when you fight guys with crowbars/axes etc...

And why have they bothered with a time limit on the levels? I'd much rather just run around at my own pace and spend as much time on a level as I want.

I hope the next level is good, and the awesomeness of the opening train station didn't just set the standard to high.

MadWorld teaches the world that deep down, all us gamers are skill-less pussies.

I testify to that...

I had a little mess around on a couple of stages after I completed the game and saw the game over screen mid level :oconsistently

All i gotta say is ouch.

I've decided to give it a bit of a rest for now, before i go back and give hard mode a proper decent go.

:EDIT:

I've got to agree about the motorbike stages: theres doesn't really seem much point to them.

apart from the kill the aliens one and the boss fight

Edited by DuD

Love every bit of this game - even its shortness.

And if it weren't for the "pointless" bike-missions, you'd get the complaint that the game's monotonous. Gamers just have get annoyed with something :)

I nearly finished it on hard. I just have the last world to do (and I've already done the last level one time to change back to normal the difficulty setting of my first save file).

It's not that hard once you learn to not rush and be careful. The worst level is probably the courtyard because of this grim reaper asshole (I hate this guy with passion) who can easily rape you if you don't have found some extra lives.

I lent this game to a friend, but when I get it back I wouldn't mind going through another playthrough.

Played a bit more today. I'm now on that level with Frank as the boss, but I've turned the game off to give myself a bit of a breather before playing some more.

I'm really going around now and seeing what weapons or items to use on people. Just used the flame torch to defeat some of those zombies, and it's bluddy sweet. Also, sliding those enemies along that table and into the fire was so fun, and throwing them into the pool of man-eating fish, hahahahaha.

The storyline is really starting to surface now, and I'm finding it really interesting. It's told in a good way, and it makes you want to finish the next segment in order to find out more.

It's now under £15 on Gameplay and well worth picking up for that price. So far I've found it an interesting fun pick up and play game, I went through a few levels with a mate when I first picked it up but have since played through most of it on my own. The artwork is very nice and it really did win me over. I remember looking at previews of the game and screenshots and thought that this is no way my kind of game. In saying all that it does get old fast and does get repetitive. But still overall a good game.