NEurope
marcel

MadWorld

Well if they're gonna be as shallow and repetitive as MadWorld, the PS3/360 are welcome to them!

Christ, what's up with this bloke? Would it have sold better on the 360? Nope.

I think it's a great wee game, but it's no million seller on whatever platform you would put it on. It's a niche, fun beat 'em up, with 16 bit gameplay and modern comic book gore. Bayonetta or Mario Galaxy it is not.

And aren't they doing a sequel to Conduit? Have I missed something?

I guess you have to wonder whether the game would have got the same level of pre-release exposure on the HD systems and I think it would probably would have, if not more, and I whilst I don't think it would have done much better, I still think it would have sold more.

The question I have to ask is how much more would it have had to sold to cover the development costs of making it HD in the first place.

Saying it would have sold more on HD doesn't mean that they are the right system to release the game on if it still wouldn't have made any money anyway.

I guess you have to wonder whether the game would have got the same level of pre-release exposure on the HD systems and I think it would probably would have, if not more, and I whilst I don't think it would have done much better, I still think it would have sold more.

The question I have to ask is how much more would it have had to sold to cover the development costs of making it HD in the first place.

Saying it would have sold more on HD doesn't mean that they are the right system to release the game on if it still wouldn't have made any money anyway.

It might sell more on the 360/ps3, but if you calculate in the development cost (wich are 5 times of that of the wii). I still think they wouldt sell enough to make a huge profit. Also niche titles dont sell very well, no matter what platform its on.

It would never sell 1 million not even on a HD platform.

It might sell more on the 360/ps3, but if you calculate in the development cost (wich are 5 times of that of the wii). I still think they wouldt sell enough to make a huge profit. Also niche titles dont sell very well, no matter what platform its on.

It would never sell 1 million not even on a HD platform.

Well that's it isn't.

Whilst it would have remained somewhat niche, this type of of title would probably still appeal to a greater percentage of the Xbox/PS3 install base given the much higher volume of high intensity action games - at the cost of more direct competition.

But even across two machines, it probably wouldn't have been any more profitable for them.

I think sales of No More Heroes Paradise will be somewhat of an indicator as to how this game would have sold on the HD consoles.

It's sold similar amounts to Bayonetta on the other platforms, also made by Platinum Games.

Madworld: 460,000

Bayonetta 360: 480,000

Bayonetta PS3: 540,000

So it's not like, "Oh if it was released on 1 of the other platforms it'd have sold 2 million".

Also:

&reg2=All&game2=Bayonetta+-+X360[25464]&reg3=All&game3=Madworld+-+Wii[22383]&weeks=100"]Bayonetta vs Madworld graph

Seems to be having slower, steadier sales than Bayonetta.

WTF! I thought Bayonetta was a big seller?!

By those figures it was a massive HD bomb!

WTF! I thought Bayonetta was a big seller?!

By those figures it was a massive HD bomb!

Bomb might be a little strong, but I'd be very, very surprised if Bayonetta on the whole was as profitable as MadWorld.

You won't hear Sega saying anything bad about it, though.

Bomb might be a little strong, but I'd be very, very surprised if Bayonetta on the whole was as profitable as MadWorld.

You won't hear Sega saying anything bad about it, though.

Maybe, but I presumed it had sold 1+million on each console!

Given the dev costs, it performed pretty bad, worse than MadWorld... well fuck you Sega!

Edited by Retro_Link

It's sold similar amounts to Bayonetta on the other platforms, also made by Platinum Games.

Madworld: 460,000

Bayonetta 360: 480,000

Bayonetta PS3: 540,000

So it's not like, "Oh if it was released on 1 of the other platforms it'd have sold 2 million".

Also:

&reg2=All&game2=Bayonetta+-+X360[25464]&reg3=All&game3=Madworld+-+Wii[22383]&weeks=100"]Bayonetta vs Madworld graph

Seems to be having slower, steadier sales than Bayonetta.

making a wii game is like 25 to 50% of the price to make a 360 or ps3 game, so in my eyes bayonetto bombed harder that madworld.

Officially confirms that the statement from someone from sega that sayed madworld was on the wrong platform needs to think again. At the end of the day i think that if bayonetta was a wii title and madworld was a 360/ps3 title, im almost certain that they would have the same kind of sales figures but more profit in the end.