N-Europe

Kid Icarus Wii

david.dakota

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, yes, i realize theres good Nintendo games that have been outsourced but i cant help but wonder how much better (or worse, given Nintendo's new priorities) they would be if Nintendo kept the goods in-house

And yes the new Pit looks like the bastard child of David Bowie and Simon Belmont from Castlevania Judgment

F-Zero GX.

oracle of seasons and ages..

this thinking that only nintendo can make nintendo games is bullshit

I have to say that design caused quite a stir on-line which kinda annoyed me a little..

this picture is rumoured to be from a rumoured game that was rumoured to have been made by factor 5... jesus christ will this ever stop!

Also pisses me off that nobody(and seriously you question most and they haven't)barely anyone has played the original not to mention the gameboy game... the ONLY reason this character is as well known is from brawl..

but yey now I guess we can look forward to seeing the game on those"they didn't quite make it lists" like project hammer and ravenblade.

oracle of seasons and ages..

this thinking that only nintendo can make nintendo games is bullshit

Also pisses me off that nobody(and seriously you question most and they haven't)barely anyone has played the original not to mention the gameboy game... the ONLY reason this character is as well known is from brawl..

No, my thinking is that Nintendo could make their own franchises better than someone else, but i even question that nowadays.

Also i played Kid Icarus when it was released on the NES and subsequently on the VC. Im not a huge fan of the Brawl model either but at least it does retain some level of charm

Pit is well known for being the lead character from one of the hardest games on the NES and for being part of a neglected series. Yes, Brawl brought him into the mainstream but there were a lot of people who knew who he was prior to Brawl's announcement. I have played both titles, on the NES and gameboy, and I can see that there is potential to bring it into the 3d just from playing those (but them so do games like Ice Climbers).

And yes, Miyamoto did confirm Kid Icarus was in development. However, that was nearly 4 years ago at E3 2005 when the Wii was still called the Revolution. He hasn't alluded to the title since then.

No, my thinking is that Nintendo could make their own franchises better than someone else, but i even question that nowadays.

Also i played Kid Icarus when it was released on the NES and subsequently on the VC. Im not a huge fan of the Brawl model either but at least it does retain some level of charm

Yes but i really find that nintendo aren't great when it comes to having options in games... It's really play it their way or nothing.. I mean the likes of mario tennis on wii.. why doesn't this have gamecube controls?

Nintendo will give you the bare mininum it has to but it will do it very well..

Do you really think smash bros would have been as good if nintendo had made it in house? Not all all it certainly wouln't have the same level of detail that hal put it.. I know nintendo had a lot of influence behind it but it's not the same thing.

What about f-zero gx with about 25 tracks,vehicle customisation,loads of modes?

I;ll admit that mario kart ds and wii were improvements with the on-line and tracks but remember double dash? 16 tracks was pathetic compared to f-zero.

for example look at the conduit.. with it's button mapping feature.. nintendo would NEVER NEVER do that and I would love to be proven wrong..

That's my main problem with nintendo in house development.

People that are claiming that Factor 5 weren't working on it simply based on the fact that MATT said it are being unreasonable.

Matt did have an actual voice interview with Factor 5 on one of their podcasts talking about one of their secret Wii projects and going into details about the kind of direction they were going with it. It's not guaranteed it was Kid Icarus but that does make sense. Nintendo do have projects like this in development sometimes that aren't publicised. Factor 5 would be a sensible developer for a game like this based on their pedigree with air combat oriented games.

Virtually all the stuff people call Matt up on and insist he's lying about eventually comes to see the light of day in some form, like playing a version of Halo on DS (although people will always CRAZILY insist they faked that video just to prove him right), the "Dark game" they talked about that couldnt find a publisher/got cancelled (recently revealed as Winter) and well other stuff from time to time.

Matt would NOT get away with making blatant lies about shit, he'd lose his job, simple as that. They do talk to developers regularly (they've had several voice interviews on recent podcasts too with other developers which I mean is flat out proof they have industry contacts) and it's not insane to think that they can have information like this, want to "hint" about it but aren't actually able to outright give official confirmation.

Sure hinting about something you can't confirm is being a bit of a tease and a dick about it but it's mainly because there's such a drought of info about Nintendo sometimes that they have to say SOMETHING to keep people interested. Hinting about secret projects is an easy way to do that.

Got to agree with the last two posts. The get out of jail card he used for Halo DS was that it wasn't actually made by Bungie, but it was still Halo. As I've said before, that's like me making a Flash game based on Mario and then saying I created a working demo of Mario 128.

yes but if developers wanted to keep a secret the LAST person you'd hint at is matt..

Yeah, so he's trusted and they don't mind him dropping hints and building hype. Every time Matt says something we all go wild... so it works!

Got to agree with the last two posts. The get out of jail card he used for Halo DS was that it wasn't actually made by Bungie, but it was still Halo. As I've said before, that's like me making a Flash game based on Mario and then saying I created a working demo of Mario 128.

Lol. :zzz:

(There's no way that pic at the top of the page is Kid Icarus. Looks so bad stylistically!)

And yes, Miyamoto did confirm Kid Icarus was in development. However, that was nearly 4 years ago at E3 2005 when the Wii was still called the Revolution. He hasn't alluded to the title since then.

He also mentioned it during an interview at E3 08.

yes but if developers wanted to keep a secret the LAST person you'd hint at is matt..

Why? Having a product rumored is a good way to get people interested in it. Look at how Apple has marketed their products. They plant a rumor a few days before their keynote to build excitement and then release the product the day its revealed or a few days after.

Nintendo have said they don't want to reveal products way ahead of time. Perhaps having Matt start rumors is part of their strategy. Why knows?