N-Europe

N-E, I choose you! Stuff to do..?

Dyson

I have two weeks off in July. Me and 3 friends all have 2 weeks off booked off from work. It's our last summer together before uni and we want to do something, anything, that's somewhat cheap. We all have part time jobs and thus some cash and 2 of us have cars so anything in the UK is a possibility.

One idea of ours was to travel the UK with annual Madam Tussauds passes and do all the UK theme parks but the only problem is accomodation around the country.

So N-E, we need ideas. Anything that we can book in advance is fine, and anything we can do on the day works too.

So go ahead and spill out yer ideas : peace:

Ah ok, how about a trip into the countryside? I have a very large soft spot for a particular part of South Wales called The Gower. It's got some of the best beaches in Britain and 3 Cliffs Bay was voted the most beautiful place in the country recently. It's still pretty unpopulated and the tourists dont maul the place so you can actually really enjoy yourselves.

Here's a link to the website for a particular town you might like (got a good campsite) but you can find out more about the area from the site too. Also it's very near Swansea so you can go get supplies or go out for a bit if oyu fancy.

http://www.the-gower.com/beaches/porteynon/porteynon.htm

Travel across the land, search far and wide. Find some Pokémon to understand the power that's inside.

I would put this quote in my sig for reasons of pure awesomeness, but I just don't think it would work well out of context :( Still, it's awesome.

Best thing ever to do with friends is go camping. For ages. And get drunk a lot. And make a fire.

So basically find somewhere random (a field or forest or something) and set up for the night. Have a barbecue, a fire, and some drunken night-time games such as manhunt in the dark (doesn't work but you'll be drunk so it's okay) and just go crazy.

I've done this several times with friends back home, and as long as you don't stay in the same place too long, nobody will moan at you. And it is AWESOME fun.

Failing that do the theme park idea and sleep in cars. Or do the theme park and camping mix.

Yeah im in a similar position. I have a wedding to photograph on June 28th, and one to attend on August 22nd. Other than that I have nothing to do over summer. (although I may be taking Rokhed's suggestion, as I believe thats where my friend's birthday is taking place)

As far as cheap days out...might be nice to just have those days where you just hop on a train to somewhere you've not been and just explore.

Torture Garden I believe. I dunno if I am going yet, Im pretty sure her birthday conflicts with familiaral obligations.

That's a good one, but you'll have to make a real effort if you want to get noticed, it's more about fancy costumes that any real S&M action. and not just a bit of leather and chains, some extreme designer fetishwear does the round there. Even I don't get much attention there.

Torture Garden I believe. I dunno if I am going yet, Im pretty sure her birthday conflicts with familiaral obligations.

My friends say that place is pretty good. One of them was actually on stage, so they got to really enjoy it.

My friends say that place is pretty good. One of them was actually on stage, so they got to really enjoy it.

Stage, haven't see a stage there recently, all there is is a dancefloor, a dungeon and a lounge. I have seen stages before when they've been doing fashion shows or bondage displays, but nothing just anyone can jump up on.

It was organised for her to do a session, dancing in particular maybe with poi cos that bunch are amazing at poi. It was a few years ago now tho so stuff might have changed.

Things have changed, it's a lot different now than it was when I first started going about 15 years ago, was really good then, with lots of entertainment laid on and play going on. These days it's more of a meeting place for elitist cliques to show off their ridiculously priced fetishwear to one another. I really can't be doing with those 'look at me and my £500 rubber suit' crowd.

... back on topic; I'd suggest figuring out your budget. If you have a couple of hundred quid to spare then a tour of britain is always possible. Most costly thing will be train fares - if you have a car then fuel's still pricey, then it's - as nightwolf said - hostels to camp-out in. If you come to brighton then I can shack you guys up for a night or two and show you around :)

Next summer I plan to tour europe on a few hundred quid. I'm sure it's possible if you're willing to keep standards of accomodation fairly low. Perhaps I'd suggest a trip to amsterdam -whether you smoke weed or not it's a very cultural city with easy-minded people there. Definitely try and do something new and scary, because no matter how scary it sounds, once you start doing it it will ease up and become possible as you do. Set your goals high!

That's a good one, but you'll have to make a real effort if you want to get noticed, it's more about fancy costumes that any real S&M action. and not just a bit of leather and chains, some extreme designer fetishwear does the round there. Even I don't get much attention there.

Not going to get attention, im pretty much going to keep my friend's boyfriend in company as her friends will be all into it and its not his thing. We'll see, its months off anywho.