NEurope

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=130927

You will have to fork out for an Instrument Edition at GBP 129.99 / EUR 169 - comprised of the drum kit, guitar and microphone - then buy the game separately for GBP 49.99 / EUR 69.99.

Anyone after the whole lot will be looking at a total of GBP 180 / EUR 240, then. That's rather more than in the US, where you can buy the game and all the instruments for USD 169 - equivalent to around GBP 85 / EUR 107.

o.O Surely this is insane!! Almost one hundred quids more than in the US. I mean, i know things are cheaper there but...

Shan't be buying this now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=130927

o.O Surely this is insane!! Almost one hundred quids more than in the US. I mean, i know things are cheaper there but...

Shan't be buying this now.

What the fuck... :(

I just want the mic and game...

Godamit what a load of shit this is. Who is publishing this? Whoever it is god words cant describe it lol.

...that is mindblowingly ridiculous. I was already apalled to hear of the 169 euro price tag, which I thought meant I would still be buying the game, at a stretch, for about £135.

Now I won't be getting it. There's no way in hell I'm paying £180 for this. I could get a Wii for that price, and this is just one game.

Shame, I was really looking forward to Rock Band, but it will have to wait now until the price drops. A lot.

What the fuck... :(

I just want the mic and game...

Godamit what a load of shit this is. Who is publishing this? Whoever it is god words cant describe it lol.

The rock band mircophone is just a logitech pc one rebranded. I cant remember the model but im sure google will tell you. You can probably pick it up fairly cheap as well.

I'm just going to buy the game as I have a GH controller and my friends does. Won't be the same without drums though.

But the guitar stuff isn't as good as the guitar stuff on guitar hero... what's the point in Rock Band without drums?

what a rip off...but when you consider the price of GH with the guitar it hardly comes as a surprise... still what a rip off...now means I be very unlikely to pick it up...

Ridiculous, ridiculous pricing.

I hope it absolutely bombs in sales terms.

Like everyone has said here, stupid price. I was gonna buy it if it was around the £100 mark, but not for £180, lol.

If anyone honestly pay's nearly £180 for Rock Band they are absolutely mad.

I might import the PS3 version for cheap.

I will probably buy just the game and then slowly but surely save up for the rest.

Just been on Video Games Plus, this comes to £84 for the game and instruments. Add shipping + customs it shouldn't been too much over £100.

I'll import.

Is there any trusted source on the price (most places seem to just mention Eurogamer)? It just seems too stupid.

The rock band mircophone is just a logitech pc one rebranded. I cant remember the model but im sure google will tell you. You can probably pick it up fairly cheap as well.

I'm just going to buy the game as I have a GH controller and my friends does. Won't be the same without drums though.

Oh? So you can just buy a logitech one and plug it into the usb and it will work? Ok then I will get that and use the controller for guitar until I can afford a guitar.

Yeah, I think the Singstar one works as well but that might be PS3 only.

Apparently the headset works. So Im pretty much set and will just use my pad and headset.

The cheap option yes but for those prices and the fact that im a poor student it suits me.

I would have stretched to around a £110.00 price mark, but this is a stupid price...

Defiantly no way in hell am I purchasing this, unless the price gets dramaticly reduced.

Just been on Video Games Plus, this comes to £84 for the game and instruments. Add shipping + customs it shouldn't been too much over £100.

I'll import.

vgp ask for £120 with shipping, buy a pal copy of the game and it comes up to £160 assuming you find the game for £40, plus risk of customs. Not worth it. Wait until they stop fucking us in the ass, at that price the cost has to drop quickly.

I would have stretched to around a £110.00 price mark, but this is a stupid price...

Defiantly no way in hell am I purchasing this, unless the price gets dramaticly reduced.

Totally agree, £110 is okay, anything more is a bit much but £1-fucking-80!!!

woah dude.

ha ha just "got of the phone" with a local forum.. only the bigger eu countries get this game on the (was it the 23 of may?).. we do not get it here in Denmark on that date.. we don't even have a date.. boy there are some pissed people here.. i wouldnt be surprised if EA headquarters is burned to the ground in the morning

£180? That's bloody rediculous!

Breaking it down:

Guitar - £50 (same as GH)

Mic - £10 (any usb mic can be used, i believe)

Drums - £70

Game - £50

Total: £180

Basically you make jack shit savings by buying the lot, which is rediculous. I knew people were being a bit optomistic thinking the whole lot would be £100, but even the bloody drums and game are gonna set people back £120!

Was buying. Now not buying. I could by a PS3 for an extra £70!

What the...............FUK :shakehead

really wanted this game...of course i knew it wasnt going to be cheap (was hoping for less then £100 but £180 is a freaking joke who spends that much on a fuking game christ

Yeah well it'll still sell anyway because of people out there that don't care about money and don't realise that you could push for a price cut by not purchasing it

Course it'll sell. I was reading some of the comments on Kotaku and some people were just like 'Finally a release date' and the article was about how expeinsive it's gonna be.

It'll sell like mad, it all depends on if I can be bothered at the time if I get it or not. I mean I got the bloody helmet for halo on a whim.