NEurope

Erm other than the special McDonalds promotion in America which we will probably get eventually all songs are the same ammount of MS points everywhere.

Erm other than the special McDonalds promotion in America which we will probably get eventually all songs are the same ammount of MS points everywhere.
You're right, I recalled the songs being 80 Microsoft Points each in the US but they're 160 as they are here. :blush:

Drumming along to And Justice For All... is gobsmackingly fun.

Taunt me. Please. :(

I really want this game but GAH! It's just that little bit too much monies!

Went round my mates earlier to play it and...wow! Amazing. Drumming is so much fun, and not as hard as I thought. I was forseeing myself having problems co-ordinating the pedal but it's really not that bad. My ankle was very tired after a long session though.

Also, why is there no World Tour online co-op?

Still though, amazing game, and great fun in multi.

Also, why is there no World Tour online co-op?

There isn't?

What kind of online modes are there? Just playing a song together?

There isn't?

What kind of online modes are there? Just playing a song together?

I think (from us having a quick look) theres a co-op quick play and a "duel" mode of some sort.

Frustrating since the single player is just GH style doing a list of songs. The world tour stuff is multiplayer only.

I think (from us having a quick look) theres a co-op quick play and a "duel" mode of some sort.

Frustrating since the single player is just GH style doing a list of songs. The world tour stuff is multiplayer only.

I would have a look online, I suppose I should. Don't know why I didn't.

Cheers for that though. I guess local multiplayer is this games strong point.

I played Jordan's copy today, and I realised (well, already knew, but confirmed) I have the WORST singing voice evar! I cannot sing for shit.

I got RB on Friday but had college and went out in the evening, so today consisted of

Wake up

Go to work

Get home from work

Play Rock Band from 5:30-1:30 solidly, with a break for food and some eurovision.

Come on here and share megacrazy fucking awesome enthusiasm.

THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

I'm actually a drummer and I'm finding it hard on anything above Medium on Drums. I can breeze through the guitars on Expert and vocals, if I know the song, if not, medium or hard.

The World Tour is so damn awesome, though I think when it starts telling you you have to play on harder difficulties, that's when it starts to get a bit slow, for people like my parents who don't want to advance past medium it kinda brings the game to a halt.

But that's a minor gripe. Everything in this game is done so well.

I got 12 DLC songs, too.

• Oasis song pack
  • Harmonix song pack (Get this for Sprode alone, it's also half price)
  • More than a Feeling (Naturally)
  • Still Alive
  • The Perfect Drug
  • All The Small Things
  • Message in a Bottle
  • This Ain't a Scene.

As I suspected, my favourite songs on this game (Minus DLC) are:

• More than a Feeling
  • (Don't Fear) the Reaper
  • Hysteria
  • Black Hole Sun
  • Green Grass and High Tides (OH DEAR GOD THIS SONG IS HARD)
  • Here It Goes Again
  • Creep
  • Dani California

...but there are tons more that I've only played once.

So tomorrow? The plan:

Wake up

Rock Band

Sleep

I do too.

However, my brother says he might be able to get it in the next week. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I can't help but feel very anticipated in the hope of playing Maps on Drums. (That song is brilliant!) :o

I love this game, my mate came round last night and we formed Lovepump. It's so much fun in multiplayer, need to wait for the lazy bastard to wake up so we can continue the rocking today. GHIV can kiss my chuddies.

Taunt me. Please. :(

I really want this game but GAH! It's just that little bit too much monies!

I'm in the same boat, I don't want this game collecting dust in 6 months time, or becoming a waste of money if the next GH title or Konami's offering turn out to be far superior.

I'm interested in the game for def but I don't think that I can let myself get suckered into spending so much on so little, especially since I still have plenty of GH3 to enjoy. Seriously, I wonder where you guys get so much time and money...

I'm in the same boat, I don't want this game collecting dust in 6 months time, or becoming a waste of money if the next GH title or Konami's offering turn out to be far superior.
Obviously I can't say for sure and you're entitled to your opinion, but I doubt GH IV will turn out to be better than Rock Band, and almost certainly not Rock Revolution, nor do I think Rock Band is a title you'll tire from quickly. But I see where you're coming from completely - to spend around £180 on a game you want to get the most from it.

I'm interested in the game for def but I don't think that I can let myself get suckered into spending so much on so little, especially since I still have plenty of GH3 to enjoy. Seriously, I wonder where you guys get so much time and money...
Same! If you've got £180 to spend on a single game I don't really know what to think.

I can't see Rock Band gaining dust in my house. I've been playing Guitar Hero practically every day since I bought the first game almost 2 years ago. Rock Band's selling point to me is the playlist and the drums.

I want to play some drums, man! :angry:

*Is pointed to the proper drum kit next to him.*

Not that type of drum, you bogey-bum! :nono:

ign UK gave it an 8/10

This quote is pretty much why I don't want this game

But for one hundred and EIGHTY pounds you could buy a Fender Squier beginner guitar and bass, a second-hand starter drum kit and a cheapo microphone - and ACTUALLY HAVE A BAND. You could also buy an Xbox 360 and cheap game, or a Wii, or twelve hundred Chomp bars. It's simply ludicrous that we're being asked to pay so much for what's essentially a set of toy instruments. Some online retailers are selling the lot for around £145, but even that's around forty quid too steep in our estimation.

I don't think any one is actually buying it for £180 though. I'm paying £127 for it, my friend got it for £100 (although he only got the drums + game), theres the HMV deal for the full set + points for £150...

For an RRP, it is ridiculous, but the people buying it are definately getting it for less than that :p

Btw, another thought that crossed my mind; anyone tried Boom Boom Rocket with the drums? I'm thinking it will basically be Rock Band minus the pedal. Also the beat will probably be a bit different since your effectively playing a different part of a song. Still, could be awesome.

Pretty sure I suggested this for the Guitar aswell when GH2 came out >_>

So im playing through the solo mode on medium with the drums and I was making great progress then all of a sudden Green Grass and High Tides hits me and im now stuck. Looks like this one will take a while...

It's not really that for me, more of a case of just a tiny bit too much. If they dropped the RRP to £130-£150 then i'd pop in to Gamestation, trade in a few games and leave with Rock Band.

I'd pay £80-£100 in cash quite happily. Heck, i'd even be happy with £80-£90 for the drums + game. Im not prepared to fork out £130-£150 in cash though, not a chance.

I really like the song 'I'm so sick' - by Flyleaf. And my character looks awesome!

Oh lawd, I think Im going to have to get it soon...

I currently have 2 guitars and a mic. I'm totally getting a pair of drums mind... I love this game.

I honestly don't have much of a "thing" for Guitar Hero, i find the difficulty past medium far too steep and annoying. In this, hard isn't too bad at all. I can cope with most songs pretty well bar the last tier. I can sing some songs really, really well... and the rest very badly :D

Next jobs:

Buy some fucking points for some songs

Buy drums

Buy some batteries...

Is there a date for the PS3 version?

IGN just have 3Q.