NEurope

Wow. play.com are doing the instruments for £100. It's doesn't even look like a mistake..

I guess £140 then? Much more reasonable but still £20 more than it should be.

I guess £140 then? Much more reasonable but still £20 more than it should be.

agreed. if they chop off another £20, then I'm sold.

Thing is if you think about it. You're getting the guitar, like Guitar Hero's guitar. That costs £70 for the guitar and game. So you could say the guitar'd cost £30/40 itself. If you say each of the instruments cost that £30 then £90/100 would seem right. But then a microphone is hardly worth £30.

Still, the game should be bundles with it no matter what and that just shows how much they really don't care about the consumer. It's all about the money, it always has and will be.

Wow. play.com are doing the instruments for £100. It's doesn't even look like a mistake..

Yea thats pretty good, works out cheaper if you could buy the mic seperatly

rob you're a fool. I saw your original post. I didn't misread it, a bit hard to do so when it's in the name.

And yes it is pretty good.

If you can get it at play.com for about £135, then maybe some other retailers will go even lower. There may be hope yet...

US Amazon	UK Amazon	%Increase
Rock Band Bundle	$147		$354 (£180)	140% (RRP)
IPod Touch 16GB		$340		$450 (£229)     32%
PS3 40GB		$399		$560 (£285)     40%
Guitar Hero 360 Bundle  $99		$125 (£64)      26%
Nintendo Wii		$249		$352 (£179)	41%

What a ripoff! :blank:

rob you're a fool. I saw your original post. I didn't misread it, a bit hard to do so when it's in the name.

And yes it is pretty good.

...just.... shut up k? I.... misread it...

Product development manager of rock band speaks:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=131461

I'm glad that the price of the whole game is causing such a stir...I'm hoping it makes retailers lower the price. PLAY and Amazon both have it for £140...I know thats better than the original £180 but tbh I'm still not sold at that price.

"not magically going to get cheaper because you wish it to be so".

That's a complete lie. If we wish it was cheaper (at this scale) then sales will be murdered. And when it doesn't sell the price will "magically" get cheaper.

That's a complete lie. If we wish it was cheaper (at this scale) then sales will be murdered. And when it doesn't sell the price will "magically" get cheaper.

Agreed. Its happened with so many other products. With electronic products, there's only one way the price goes...DOWN bitch!

Now thats great PR work. What a hero has he been taking lessons from Ken "2 jobs" Kutaragi. I call bullshit that its costs £95 more to ship something from China to Europe then it does from China to the US as well.

The drums on their own are £70! You get more advanced kids toy drums for £30 or less.

If they need all this extra to cover extra costs of shipping to EU, then why can play.com afford to sell the instruments at £30 less? Play need to be making a sensible profit too.

Thats bullshit. If it costs so much more to ship to Europe, why can you buy the game at retail from America and then ship it here for less? Surely they could take that route too and make it even cheaper? Not to mention they would be shipping in bulk.

Also, that "PR" guys attitude is totally off.

Yeah, better be true. If it was that in Euro's, it would be what, £140-150? Then sites would mark it down a bit, maybe be a bit closer to the original £130. Heres hoping.

xe.com had 169 euros as close to £130 I think.

That's a much better price imo. Considering the Lengendary Halo and the Special edition of GTA costs £80 I think £130 would be superb.

At £130 I buy it at a stretch, at anything more I don't bother.

I think alot of others are in that sort of area for price.

Thats still a bit much for me. Does that mean it costs £130 and then we have to buy the game separately for £40 on top?

I'd buy it if it was £120 for the whole package. Simple as. Anything more and it aint gonna get bought. I'm sorry but its just far too much we are being asked to pay.

If it is £130 for the whole thing that's £10 more. You could find that in the streets in 10ps.

If it is £130 for the whole thing that's £10 more. You could find that in the streets in 10ps.

not really. :heh:

£10 is hardly anything to seperate a purchase and no purchase. I can't see why you'd be willing to part with £120 for the game but not £130.

It's the principle really. £120 is acceptable at a stretch, £130 is pushing it.