NEurope

The Rock Band guitar looks so much nicer than the GH3 one. Also the drums feel really nice.

I cannot wait to play on them.

Sometimes I think the RB guitar doesn't pick up alt strumming as well as the GH one, and the buttons are actually so loud in their clickyness that sometimes they put me off my playing and put me out of time.

My only complaints, however.

I love the drums. I wouldn't have bought RB if it were just the guitar...I have a real Flying V. :p

Apparently there is a fault with the pedal and it breaks easily. Anyone heard anything about this?

Having said that I'll pick up a guitar with the PAL game when it finally hits August 30th...effing EA. :indeed:

Think that was mainly the launch ones. The EU ones and any new ones have a sturdier pedal, make less noise and have more of a bounce to them.

So here's the deal: my friend brought this round this morning and it's even better than I thought it would be! It's much more than just Guitar Hero with drums and vocals. :D

He bought the game on its own and brought round his GH II guitar, sometimes I used my GH II guitar and I used the X360 headset as a microphone. What with not knowing much other than the music I like, we played mainly In Bloom, Celebrity Skin and Dani California, as well as some ones on Band World Tour I have no idea about.

It even seems to make singing better. At first I was nervous and laughing a bunch, but then I was happy to sing in front of my friend (who was mostly playing guitar, or at least bass when I was on the axe!) and it sounded better. I was singing on Easy because it made sense to, but I got 100 percent on Dani California's vocals. Woo!

The problem is, what do I do now? I want to buy the bundle and game when it's dropped in price, but I like it so much! I can't see myself buying the game now and getting the microphone later though, and I'm not sure I'll even bother with the drum set if that's what I do. I'll probably just wait!

So here's the deal: my friend brought this round this morning and it's even better than I thought it would be! It's much more than just Guitar Hero with drums and vocals. :D

He bought the game on its own and brought round his GH II guitar, sometimes I used my GH II guitar and I used the X360 headset as a microphone. What with not knowing much other than the music I like, we played mainly In Bloom, Celebrity Skin and Dani California, as well as some ones on Band World Tour I have no idea about.

It even seems to make singing better. At first I was nervous and laughing a bunch, but then I was happy to sing in front of my friend (who was mostly playing guitar, or at least bass when I was on the axe!) and it sounded better. I was singing on Easy because it made sense to, but I got 100 percent on Dani California's vocals. Woo!

The problem is, what do I do now? I want to buy the bundle and game when it's dropped in price, but I like it so much! I can't see myself buying the game now and getting the microphone later though, and I'm not sure I'll even bother with the drum set if that's what I do. I'll probably just wait!

The price probably won't drop for a long time, Guitar Hero II still RRPs at £69.99 and the lowest price i've seen is £50. Same goes for GHIII, which was £45 at Zavvi over the weekend.

EA won't drop the RRP, you'll be waiting for retailers to drop the price. As Play.com et all are already losing £50 on the RRP i'd say it's pretty unlikely that you'll see it cheaper than £130 any time soon.

It's a sod as well, at £100 it would sell like hot cakes. Heck, even just the drums and game would sell for £100!

The price probably won't drop for a long time, Guitar Hero II still RRPs at £69.99 and the lowest price i've seen is £50. Same goes for GHIII, which was £45 at Zavvi over the weekend.

EA won't drop the RRP, you'll be waiting for retailers to drop the price. As Play.com et all are already losing £50 on the RRP i'd say it's pretty unlikely that you'll see it cheaper than £130 any time soon.

It's a sod as well, at £100 it would sell like hot cakes. Heck, even just the drums and game would sell for £100!

You're right, but I'm not going to spend such a large amount of money on a single game as much as I love it, just because it's on the promise EA won't be dropping its price. I'd buy it for £100 if the game was in there as well, but anything over that is ridiculous.

The fact that it's about half the price in the US and Canada proves the game can be retailed at a sensible price. Why we have to be treated like the shit of the earth is neither here nor there.

You could always buy it bit by bit like I'm doing.

You could always buy it bit by bit like I'm doing.

Not really an option for the 360 version, they've made sure of that by pricing the separate bits high. The drums and game alone will set people back at least £100. Given the whole lot can be had for just over £130 it would be pretty daft to buy the drums and game alone :(

Not really an option for the 360 version, they've made sure of that by pricing the separate bits high. The drums and game alone will set people back at least £100. Given the whole lot can be had for just over £130 it would be pretty daft to buy the drums and game alone :(

Ah, fair enough. The pricing really sucks. I'm already backed into a tight corner with the PS3 version but I'm a sucker for the drums.

I might just buy the game and get the microphone and drums for Christmas presents or something. I really can't wait for it to drop in price, probably by an insignificant amount anyway.

I dunno why, but i hadn't considered the option of just buying the game on it's own until now.

I think i'll do that, trade in some stuff tomorrow at Gamestation and pick up a copy of the game. Guitar and Vocals will keep me busy for now, i'll get the instrument pack at some time in the future :)

I caved and bought it v_v

£127.48 with all the vouchers I could find and the quidco discounts.

I caved in and bought it too XD I was in town today and was considering getting it then but the shop only had the drums... then I looked at the size of the box... thought nah... :heh: besides I wanted the whole damn thing, so I ordered it off Play.com earlier today, should have it by Thursday / Friday with any luck. ^^

Now to make space for it... :S

Now to make space for it... :S

Haha, I have this problem too! I'm going to have to rearrange some furniture to have space in front of the TV for the drumkit without being less than 1m from it :smile:

I also don't know what I'm gonna do with the box... the Drums Box alone was pretty massive, I usually stick big boxes in the loft but I bet it won't even fit through the hatch XD we shall see. :heh:

On second thoughts, if the box is a big as I think it is, I may use it as a second home. ^^'

That's what GAME points are for! :D I got the drums for £44.99 ^_^

Ker-azy Domstercool.

I bought around 12 songs last night, some of them are really good :D

Woot! my game and band in a box have been posted ^^ I ordered them around 6PM ish yesterday so I reckon I may have them tomorrow. :smile: Is it really, truly as fun and awesome as everyone says it is? I can't wait to try it out. :heh:

Woot! my game and band in a box have been posted ^^ I ordered them around 6PM ish yesterday so I reckon I may have them tomorrow. :smile: Is it really, truly as fun and awesome as everyone says it is? I can't wait to try it out. :heh:
It's better than that! It exceeded my already high expectations.