NEurope

huh? You think its cheap at over 100 just for the drums? :) id rather pay 150 for everything even though I won't touch the singing. Ebay it is then

The drums in total with deliver were £85 (£60 + £25 for p&p).

just got the drums and guitar today, hour and a halfs play and it's really fun :)

The clothes and stuff on the game are quite good. It's just a shame there isn't anything you want. I'm going through the list of shoes and some of them look cool but I want sandals, and they have none.

Started Band World Tour last night. We're "Original Boosh", I'm the guitarist (obviously) and my brother is teh drummer. We are rather awesome.

Downloaded "More Than A Feeling" yesterday. It's great doing the solo and not have to strum every note. :grin:

Currently doing Drum Solo Tour on Medium. Flying through it. Went a bit mental on the character creation and made my drummer as a girl called Rose. :indeed:

How can you use the RB guitar? The strum bar is so horrible. I tried it earlier, got half way through in bloom but I couldn't strum it fast enough. I like the feel of it, the buttons are great, the solo buttons are awesome, it's a nice weight. But that strum bar is horrid.

Also, what would everyone recommend for DLC; I have 820 points left, having bought El Scorcho, Buddly Holly and My Iron Lung. Is it worth getting the full Boston pack or just More Than A Feeling? Also, is the Harmonix pack worth getting for 240 points?

I was thinking with the 820 I could get;

The Kill (160)

Attack (160)

More Than A Feeling (160)

I Fought the Law (160) // Harmonix Pack (240)

Annoyingly I'm like 60 points short of being able to get both.

The clothes and stuff on the game are quite good. It's just a shame there isn't anything you want. I'm going through the list of shoes and some of them look cool but I want sandals, and they have none.

Sandals? What sort of character are you trying to make?

Still, there's some good clothes in that there closet. I kitted out my guitarist in some cool jeans and a "Rockingham Palace" t-shirt, my singer wears some weird metal clothing, and my female drummer wears a rather sexy rubber dress with that anime buns hairstyle. (Kawaii not?)

How can you use the RB guitar? The strum bar is so horrible. I tried it earlier, got half way through in bloom but I couldn't strum it fast enough. I like the feel of it, the buttons are great, the solo buttons are awesome, it's a nice weight. But that strum bar is horrid.

I can't use the RB guitar. The buttons are horrible, and the strum bar is an abysmal excuse for a strum bar. I just use the GH guitar instead. :smile:

Sandals? What sort of character are you trying to make?

Still, there's some good clothes in that there closet. I kitted out my guitarist in some cool jeans and a "Rockingham Palace" t-shirt, my singer wears some weird metal clothing, and my female drummer wears a rather sexy rubber dress with that anime buns hairstyle. (Kawaii not?)

I just wanted sandals...to have sandals.

I can't use the RB guitar. The buttons are horrible, and the strum bar is an abysmal excuse for a strum bar. I just use the GH guitar instead. :smile:

It's great doing the solo and not have to strum every note.

I thought that only worked for the solo buttons on the RB guitar. Does it work with the GH2/3 guitars without having to strum?

I like the RB guitar, strum bar is a bit crappy though :)

Been playing this all night with an addition to the band, our French-Canadian friend Valérie. Gave something of an advantage with the two French tracks! A hell of a lot of fun. I have videos, but my life probably wouldn't be spared if they wound up on youtube.

Really tempted to import the PS3 version though I will have to pay £185 for it - cheapest I can find brand new from the UK.

Is it really worth this?

I love the RB guitar. I don't see why the hatred. The strum bar doesn't click like the GH one so now that doesn't get in the way/feel like it's gonna break. It's easy to do the fast strums, it just feels better to do.

The neck buttons have no gaps so it's easy, I assume when I get onto harder difficulties :P, to slide down. I never use the lower neck ones.

The only problem with the RB guitar is that if you puh on it, it creaks and such. Really feels like plastic. It's much better than the GH one, which broke because of the whole detachable neck thing. The connection wouldn't work or something so it wouldn't register me pressing down really, really hard on the buttons.

Anyone have any tips on where to put the pedal? Where ever I put it it always feels like a bit of a strain.

Really tempted to import the PS3 version though I will have to pay £185 for it - cheapest I can find brand new from the UK.

Is it really worth this?

As long as you have a couple of mates willing to play it then yes its most deffinatly worth it.

I love this game, I've only really played it in 3 and 4 player modes, no solo at all, and definitely don't regret buying it. But I would not pay £185 for it. I got it for about £128 and still have my doubts about whether it was worth such a hefty tag.

Anyone have any tips on where to put the pedal? Where ever I put it it always feels like a bit of a strain.
It's not really the pedal position you have to fix (it's meant to sit on the bars between the drum legs after all) it's really just your height or distance from the drums. Ideally you'd have a drummer's stool that you can adjust so your heel fits perfectly on the bottom of the drum. Failing this you could try sitting further back?

I love the RB guitar. I don't see why the hatred. The strum bar doesn't click like the GH one so now that doesn't get in the way/feel like it's gonna break. It's easy to do the fast strums, it just feels better to do.

The neck buttons have no gaps so it's easy, I assume when I get onto harder difficulties :P, to slide down. I never use the lower neck ones.

The only problem with the RB guitar is that if you puh on it, it creaks and such. Really feels like plastic. It's much better than the GH one, which broke because of the whole detachable neck thing. The connection wouldn't work or something so it wouldn't register me pressing down really, really hard on the buttons.

How do you do fast strums? The bar is too cushioned to hit it down, bring it back to the middle, and bring it back down again with any kind of speed.

How do you do fast strums? The bar is too cushioned to hit it down, bring it back to the middle, and bring it back down again with any kind of speed.

So yours always stays down? Mine always pops back to the middle, I don't have to bring it back. To me it's just the GH strum but without the annoying clicking.

It's not really the pedal position you have to fix (it's meant to sit on the bars between the drum legs after all) it's really just your height or distance from the drums. Ideally you'd have a drummer's stool that you can adjust so your heel fits perfectly on the bottom of the drum. Failing this you could try sitting further back?

I've got a piano stool which is pretty good. I'll try the heel thing. Cheers!

So yours always stays down? Mine always pops back to the middle, I don't have to bring it back. To me it's just the GH strum but without the annoying clicking.

Well it would come up itself but it's so cushioned it would take too long. Also, my RB guitar does click, though not as loudly.

Do you have to push it all the way down until it clicks or just part of the way?

Well it would come up itself but it's so cushioned it would take too long. Also, my RB guitar does click, though not as loudly.

Do you have to push it all the way down until it clicks or just part of the way?

If you mean the GH guitar, it clicks whenever it's pushed. MY RB guitar is quiet, the only noise would be hitting it too hard so that it hits against itself hard.

I thought that only worked for the solo buttons on the RB guitar. Does it work with the GH2/3 guitars without having to strum?

The non-strumming system is built into the game, so it doesn't matter which guitar you use.

Regarding the RB guitar: Without the click it doesn't feel like I'm actually strumming. I can't tell if I've hit the strum bar or not unless I hear the click. The fret buttons don't feel nice either, the little bumps on the three frets are just pointless and feel really unpleasant.

The non-strumming system is built into the game, so it doesn't matter which guitar you use.
Really? Are you sure? I thought it was only for Rock Band's solo buttons, since on the RB guitar you can't just finger tap using the normal buttons (can you?). I'll have to try this on a solo another time - it might make Green Grass And High Tides' second solo on Expert a whole lot easier.

I think I get what my problem was. I was pushing it all the way down into the cushioning when you're only supposed to put it about half way down. Still, I don't like it, I'd rather have a click to confirm I actually strummed it.

Really? Are you sure? I thought it was only for Rock Band's solo buttons, since on the RB guitar you can't just finger tap using the normal buttons (can you?). I'll have to try this on a solo another time - it might make Green Grass And High Tides' second solo on Expert a whole lot easier.

I've been using the GH controller since I got the game, and I've been able to finger-tap, so I'm completely sure. :)

I've been using the GH controller since I got the game, and I've been able to finger-tap, so I'm completely sure. :)
Cool. So when you enter a solo do you just not strum the first note, and continue to not strum?