NEurope

Rock Band is coming out in Japan. Teaming up with Q Entertainment they're putting in J-rock and all that jazz in the game for release over there.

I wonder if they'll put any of the songs on our Marketplace.

Or read it yourself

Rock Band is coming out in Japan. Teaming up with Q Entertainment they're putting in J-rock and all that jazz in the game for release over there.

I wonder if they'll put any of the songs on our Marketplace.

Or read it yourself

Best be on downloadable content!

Don't order the game from play.com, you'd be better cancelling and ordering from shopto or going to your local Tesco. Either that or you'll be waiting until friday for the game (2nd class post = lame)

Too late the game was posted yesterday morning..

Hmm, could always buy the game from Asda, and send back the play.com when it arrives.

Be great if some of the Ouendan 1/2 songs make it into Rock Band.

Be great if some of the Ouendan 1/2 songs make it into Rock Band.

Ready Steady Go would be pretty awesome.

Can't believe it. My instruments arrived at like 7:30, I got up put them together, had breakfast and went to bed. Woke up and the postie had delivered the game. Must be a first for play, item arrives the next day.

Just downloading some tracks, then I'm gonna have a session. :)

you can get 2 of the Disturbed DLC tracks for free, just go to:

http://disturbed1.com/xbox

enter the code: 1lfa89

click submit it will then give you another code you can redeem on XBL and woolah free songs.

click submit it will then give you another code you can redeem on XBL and woolah free songs.

Awesome, free songs. Havn't heard of the band though.

Can't believe it. My instruments arrived at like 7:30, I got up put them together, had breakfast and went to bed. Woke up and the postie had delivered the game. Must be a first for play, item arrives the next day.

Just downloading some tracks, then I'm gonna have a session. :)

Eh? Play have always got me my items next-day.

Ah you **** **** ****. I bought them about 2 hours ago.. ;_;

Eh? Play have always got me my items next-day.

They always seem to screw me over. They usually take the given 3-5 days.

---

Anyway first impressions. I really like it. I found vocals quite tough, drums are fun but I need to get better. Guitar is pretty simple thanks to guitar hero. One complaint is the instruments are horribly cheap, the guitar is thin and the strummer is weird. The drums don't appear to like to be put together properly and it seems they have to be hit roughly in the middle. The mic seems pretty solid, decent piece of kit.

Oh my god! Thanks for the heads up! <3

Downloading now!

can't argue with free!

I just hope that this Guitar Hero : Metallica doesn't mean no more downloads for rock band

Cheers muchly! Was considering buying them, not particularly a Disturbed fan but the track I heard sounded like it could be fun for the game.

Also, anybody tried Vocals + Drums together at once? I got bored earlier doing the Solo Tour, decided to give BWT a go with it and ended up loving it. Tough on songs I don't know the lyrics too, but I'm yet to get less than 4 stars with both on Medium, and I haven't failed one instrument a single time yet :)

Still Alive = the best song for Singing and Drumming, btw. Lyrics are easy to remember, beat is relatively simple, but still very fun. Hardest part is getting enough breath!

If the mic came with a stand I'd try vocals and guitar. How you got vocals and drums set up?

I just used the headset. I tried to get the RB mic to balance between the Yellow and Green but it wasn't for happening.

I forgot you could use the headset, almost renders the mic pointless..

Anyone with the PS3 version. I can't sync my instruments, worrying. Also, I only have 2 USB ports and 3 instruments - huh!!!

I forgot you could use the headset, almost renders the mic pointless..

It depends, i think the idea is that you dance around the living room like a prat. You can't do that with the headset, it falls off :( It's also really, really difficult to do the percussion sections (i end up blowing down the mic)

You can attach the headset to the instruments somehow can't you? Using those little clips that came in the mic box... not really sure how that works.

You can attach the headset to the instruments somehow can't you? Using those little clips that came in the mic box... not really sure how that works.

Yeah, but annoyingly you have to be logged into a different account to do vocals while using an instrument so you have to use a controller. The adapter is just for private chatting / online chatting.

Okay the mic works, but my guitar is hit and miss, sometimes it registers but then just stops working mid song. It's so frustrating! Worried because it's US version, how do I get a replacement.....?

Also, how come some rock bands have a USB hub and some don't?

The adaptor is horrible for the mic.

Me and Chuck were trying to chat to each other. Any little nudge to the connection and I wouldn't hear him for the rest of the song.

They should've just put the actual plug on the bottom like the GH controller.

Okay, my guitar simply doesn't work! What a load of shit!

Just been doing some research and yeah, it's a common problem. God knows how Im going ot get it replaced in the UK. Fuck me. Also sounds like there is insane amounts of problems with Rock Band equipment. Brilliant. Really glad I bought it!!!

Okay the mic works, but my guitar is hit and miss, sometimes it registers but then just stops working mid song. It's so frustrating! Worried because it's US version, how do I get a replacement.....?

Also, how come some rock bands have a USB hub and some don't?

AFAIK the 360 gets a hub because all the instruments are wired and there aren't enough USB ports for all of them. The PS3's guitar is wireless(?) and therefore the hub isn't needed

It is wireless but there is still a USB receiver for it; it doesn't have a hub because most `PS3's have 4 usb ports, only the 40g version has 2. Which I have. Oh well, I'd rather a wireless guitar. Though saying that I'd rather a wired guitar the WORKS!!