NEurope

Is it worth trading in my GH3 for Wii for a Rock Band Guitar and copy of Rock Band for PS3? space issues means until me and the missus move house a drum set is well out of the question, but love the DLC on rock band and think my girlfriend would secretly love singing with the microphone (any USB mic works right?)

This what I'm thinking about too, but then GH4 is out soon which looks even better than RB. But by then GH3 will be worth pennies so it's a tough decision...

Just traded mine in to help in my purchase of a PS3 and got £36 for it not bad considering it cost me £29.99 :heh:

I really want this game now after looking at drum videos on youtube and such. I'm waiting patiently for Rock Band 2 but the wait might kill me.

Just traded mine in to help in my purchase of a PS3 and got £36 for it not bad considering it cost me £29.99 :heh:

thats not bad where did you trade it at? Did you have a ton of stickers on your guitar?

I have Rock Band, it's a great game. But I would seriously advise everyone else to get GHWT. I think the game looks incredible

I have Rock Band, it's a great game. But I would seriously advise everyone else to get GHWT. I think the game looks incredible

you can't really say that until both are out

Guitar Hero suffers from being over-charted (notes where there are none in the song) but I don't know how this is in WT

out of the current UK releases RB > GH by a massive distance in my opinion

better DLC and better game modes

Agreed. I've been sitting on the fence about the new GH/RB games. I've got GH3 on the PS2 but I'm looking to get one of the newer titles.

RB setlist and DLC is a massive plus for me. I just dunno which instruments to get.

You reckon? I think the RB2 setlist shits all over the GHWT one.

*faints at such epic bait*

RB is looking more and more promising as I just saw Radiohead have 2 songs in there. If only paranoid Android was in there my life would be complete.

I does, but the GH:WT one is still respectable :smile: anyway I'm buying GH as it comes out in Novemeber, wayyyyy before RB2 that way I'll have something to play before it comes out and I can then use those instruments with RB ^^ plus I really dislike using the pedal in RB now so it's win-win for me.

Word. Plus I've got lots of awesome DLC that I'm not willing to leave alone just yet.

I really don't see myself buying RB2, it just doesn't seem to be enough of a departure from the previous title. Graphically/interface-wise it looks exactly the same, I wouldn't buy a new kit anyway, the online band mode is irrelevant to me because my flatmates are my band. The only thing I would be tempted with is GH:WT for it's song creation, but I imagine that to take so much time and attention to detail, only to wind up with a crappy song at the end. (I was never very good at making C&C maps, N+ levels, custom rollercoasters on rollercoaster tycoon... those kind of things :heh:)

Yeah shorty I feel the same way about the song editor it is nothing I will ever be able to achieve to a decent standard. It's a hard choice what to get as there its almost like you are buying into a platform.

next weeks dlc

Hey everybody,

Looks like the technicals have been taken care of. Rush's "Moving Pictures" comes out for real next week! In addition we have tracks from Bad Religion, The Cult, Hot Hot Heat, Kasabian, Sleater-Kinney, and Stone Roses!

Rush's Moving Pictures Full Album

Tom Sawyer (orig version)

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight (orig version)

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

The full album will be available for $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track individually.

We are also releasing a bunch of individual tracks:

Bad Religion - Sorrow

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Hot Hot Heat - Bandages

Kasabian - Shoot the Runner

Sleater-Kinney - You're No Rock N Roll Fun

Stone Roses - Love Spreads

Each of these tracks will be available individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points).

The only thing I would be tempted with is GH:WT for it's song creation, but I imagine that to take so much time and attention to detail, only to wind up with a crappy song at the end. (I was never very good at making C&C maps, N+ levels, custom rollercoasters on rollercoaster tycoon... those kind of things :heh:)

Doesn't matter if you suck there will be loads of talented composers out there that will make kickass tracks and they are all free!

thats not bad where did you trade it at? Did you have a ton of stickers on your guitar?

Never used the stickers - got a good trade in from gamestation they originally offered me £70 for some wii games including GH3. I went to Game who offered me £85 ( I got them to print this price out). Went back to Gamestation with printout and they offered me £86 lol

Shoot the Runner!! Fucking awesome. Just the other day we were in my mates car all singing along. We'll have no problems with the vocals for it.

Now to get some points..

Been playing Rock Band 2 for the past 48 hours. Have some complaints, but otherwise absolutely amazing! And AMAZING track list. Singing Down With The Sickness FTW!

More later.

Been playing Rock Band 2 for the past 48 hours. Have some complaints, but otherwise absolutely amazing! And AMAZING track list. Singing Down With The Sickness FTW!

More later.

You American's and your American ways :shakehead

:heh::bowdown:

More later.

Curse you! Villain!

played this briefly last night.

lol.

Apologies for all concerned as to my renditions of more than a feeling. I'm really very sorry :heh:

Great news for anyone from Australia: Rock Band will be released on the 7th of November this year.

Great news for anyone from Australia: Rock Band will be released on the 7th of November this year.

As in the original?

XD sorry thats just too funny.