NEurope
LukeLee

dream job vs current position

I go to Uni and I work at Square-Enix.

...not sure what my dream job is...

I'm currently at school. My dream job would be veterinary surgeon. To get there I need:

Maths- A/A*

Biology- A/A*

Chemistry- A/A*

Then at A-Levels, the same subjects with A's and B's.

Then, get a degree in veterinary science and/or veterinary medicine.

Would have to be Vet Medicine. I hope that you don't like your social life because to do well, you are going to have give it up, especially once the course starts.

I work in a call centre

My dream job is a call centre job.

Low expectations ftw.

But on a serious note: I LIKE the fact that my job doesnt have a stupid amount of responsibility. I take home 900 a month after the taxman, so its not a bad pay (especially for Ballymena, where EVERY job imaginable is basically min wage).

Responsibility = stress. That is all.

My dream "job" is to be in a room full of books I've read, at a desk with a laptop/computer writing short stories/novels. I imagine I'll be living off the dole, or working at the libarary or something, eating food out of tins.

So basically doing what I do currently, except 'better'. :)

Currently unemployed, doing an undergraduate degree.

I don't know what my dream position would be. Most likely this, but with a fortune in the bank.

I was looking at a Civil and Coastal engineering course at uni, although i'm not too sure if i'd like it, to be honest i don't realy know what's involved.

well im still in my first year but in the first semester we did 4 modules,

mechanics

maths (basic a level stuff for people who idnt do it)

surveying

civil engineering processes

was basically a joke, i averaged 75% in the end

second semester we are doing,

legal frameworks in the built environment

civil engineering management

materials and processes

technology project

enjoying it a lot more this semester :)

Currently a Programmer, did the qualification to get the job about 5 years ago and hated doing the course, but the job is great. Don't really see where i will be in a few years. But this could be my dream job, and promotion is promising.

One of my friends just got a offer from the Vet school at Nottingham. Advice good grades lots of Voluntary/ Work experience. Most competitive career to get into above Medicine even.

One of my friends wants to be a vet and she was going to go to a vetenary school/college before going to university. (Don't know where it was but it may have been in Nottingham) But then her idiotic friends convinced her to stay here. So now she's stook in our shithole of a school. That's some great friendship, ruin somebody's future just so you can see them for an extra two years. If I was in her shoes I would have just given them a (not so) polite "fuck you".

I'm doing my A levels at the moment....

Then i'm off to Uni and then, I have no idea! :)

My dream Job: Not to Work! :heh:

I'm intrigued. How may I go about acquiring a job at your company?

My current job is working in a coffee shop/cafe, which is generally quite fun. I get on with my work mateys.

My dream job would to own a little shop place, which sold art materials, with a small cafe and gallery on it.

I'm intrigued. How may I go about acquiring a job at your company?

It's fairly simple! :D

If you turn up at my office around 9 with a load of snacks ready to relax, then that is pretty much it! You've got the job. :yay:

The rest of the day is spent doing whatever you want! :grin:

Except work! We frown upon that!

It's fairly simple! :D

If you turn up at my office around 9 with a load of snacks ready to relax, then that is pretty much it! You've got the job. :yay:

The rest of the day is spent doing whatever you want! :grin:

Except work! We frown upon that!

Interesting. What about holidays? How many of those would I get?

Salary?

Currently a Programmer, did the qualification to get the job about 5 years ago and hated doing the course, but the job is great. Don't really see where i will be in a few years. But this could be my dream job, and promotion is promising.

What do you program? I wouldn't mind doing that.

Interesting. What about holidays? How many of those would I get?

Salary?

As many as you want! If you decide you don't want to come in you don't have to! :D

We provide you with enough money to get by comfortably and if your with us for 3 Years we give you a house!

There is only one rule in a company and that is to ask no questions as to where the money is coming from! :heh:

As many as you want! If you decide you don't want to come in you don't have to! :D

We provide you with enough money to get by comfortably and if your with us for 3 Years we give you a house!

There is only one rule in a company and that is to ask no questions as to where the money is coming from! :heh:

Basically that's what many people get from the government.

Fuck it I may as well be a **** to society. FREE HOUSE WHOO!!!

Basically that's what many people get from the government.

Fuck it I may as well be a **** to society. FREE HOUSE WHOO!!!

YES!

JOIN US!!! @______@

*tries to hypnotise moogleviper*

YES!

JOIN US!!! @______@

*tries to hypnotise moogleviper*

I must have lots of children with different fathers. I must pretend that my back hurts but then do up the new house that the government gives me for free.

hypnotoad.jpg

I must have lots of children with different fathers. I must pretend that my back hurts but then do up the new house that the government gives me for free.

hypnotoad.jpg

AHHH! He has a hypno toad on his side!!! RUN TO MEXICO!!!

*serious Coolness*

At Uni I'm going to study Psychology (if all goes well at A level)

I'm not sure what Uni at the moment but if i get good enough grades i could end up in Scotland!

After that i'm not sure but i could change my mind at any moment such is my fickle nature :heh:

I don't want to go to university. I want to get a job. Preferably a job with training. But everywhere I want to go needs a degree.

I don't want to go to university. I want to get a job. Preferably a job with training. But everywhere I want to go needs a degree.

If you get in with a good company you get in-house training. Or they pay for you to go off and do a degree.

Who needs debts?

:D

If you get in with a good company you get in-house training. Or they pay for you to go off and do a degree.

Who needs debts?

I can't seem to find any of these routes. I looked on the connexions website and found something about apprenticeships that appealed to me. But I clicked the link and it didn't work. Just my luck.

Im currently working as a butcher.

Been looking at quite a few career changes of late, im nearly 21 so i figure it's about time i start thinking about a career rather than the easiest way to earn beer money :p

Right now being a Pharmasist looks like a damn good job. You do 4 years at uni, then a further year training and at the end of it you're working in a secure job with a £40k/year salary! Sounds like good work too, and they're in demand at the moment! Being in education til im 26 sounds more than a little scary though :hmm:

I guess i'll keep thinking. Until a couple of months back i was planning on training as a Chef, but the pay sucks ass, the work is hard and the promotional prospects aren't great. I think i'll just keep it as a hobby :p

My current job is working in a coffee shop/cafe, which is generally quite fun. I get on with my work mateys.

My dream job would to own a little shop place, which sold art materials, with a small cafe and gallery on it.

Well my sister runs this place: http://veritasse.co.uk/Meller-gallery.html

So there are potentials out there but you miiiight need to get off Shetland first ;)

I'm currently an insurance underwriter. Real world, I really like the job, and the long term prospects are really good.

Dream job: racing driver! At 23, I'm guessing that I have missed my chance especially at I'm too tall, fat and only got my driving licence in july... I'll just have to get really rich then do track days.

Although I'm going karting soon, maybe i'll get spotted, ha!

Who needs debts?

You only pay back uni debts once you're earning £15,000 and you pay so little it doesn't make a difference.

Also, if you get a good degree you're earning shitloads anyway (like 3-4x more than that £15,000).

You only pay back uni debts once you're earning £15,000 and you pay so little it doesn't make a difference.

Also, if you get a good degree you're earning shitloads anyway (like 3-4x more than that £15,000).

My dads work takes on degree students. (fujitsu siemens)

They pay less than 15k for entry level jobs. A lot less.

And that's if you can even get a job after uni. Depends where you live, and if there is a need for those jobs in that area.