NEurope
LukeLee

dream job vs current position

Okay so do you have a dream job? What is it? What do you have to do to get there and where do you stand now?

Standard path to become a clinical psychologist;

A levels (1/2 years)

2.1 degree in Psychology (GBR accredited) (3 years)

At least 2 years experience as an assistant psychologist

a phd in clinical psychology (3 years)

then you're fully qualified.

So I've done my A levels and and degree. Have 2 years experience from before uni, but not as an assitant psychologist.

So I finished my degree in July last year and since then i've been sending loads of cv's with letters to psychologists, but there's so few assistant psychologist jobs and they get so many requests that its very very hard to get an assistant position. Anyway, I had a little bit of luck come my way. One of the psychologists I emailed got back to me about a volunteering opportunity. I'm having to sacrifice a days work / pay, but I will get 'assistant clinical psychologist' on my cv which should really help me get a permanent job in this near impossible field. I start on friday and i'm getting excited. My current role in the NHS doesn't fulfill my needs at all.

So, how is your progress gowhere do you stand?

i'm about to finish uni

no idea what i want to do. something wordy. uh...yeah.

Currently I´m thinking about finishing college and going to a film school.

Problem is that it´s expensive

My dream job didn't even need a qualification, which sucks as i wasted 3 yrs on a degree. It did need experience however. My work here at cube/n-europe over the years served me well in getting a job in games journalism.

Some jobs, like doctors and lawyers etc, require ridiculous amounts of studying, i know a few people who have done it, and, at 22, are still well away from being anywhere near their goal, which isn't even guranteed at the end.

Life is hard.

I wanted to be a secondary school English teacher. At 16 i got a job at McDonalds, at 17 met my GF, im 22 now and run my own office. Its 15k a year which pays the bills, i have 2 kids (well 1 and a half) which gets me about £300 a month in tax credits aswell on top of my wages.

My dream now is to own my own tropical fish store, im reading and learning everything i can, hopefully one day i will make it.

Jav stole my words. I'm studying computer engineering, and while I like computers and stuff related to them, it requires some serious amount of work that more often than not goes unnoticed. And the possibility that a higher qualified job might give you a good salary, isn't always worth for the amount of responsibility you get. Do I really need all that money?

Anyway, my dream job would be one where I do nothing and get lots of money.

dream job: something on the radio i think - been thinking about it for a while and so far the radio has been my favourite module of my course

current job: shoe salesperson

Currently an AB in the navy. Would love at some point in my career to gain a Commision. Although not for a few years having to much fun for that yet.

Jav stole my words. I'm studying computer engineering, and while I like computers and stuff related to them, it requires some serious amount of work that more often than not goes unnoticed. And the possibility that a higher qualified job might give you a good salary, isn't always worth for the amount of responsibility you get. Do I really need all that money?

Anyway, my dream job would be one where I do nothing and get lots of money.

What he said. Because I'm in the same course. What uni are you in?

I want to be a comic book writer....which I will never acheive. I lose at life.

Oh...current position, murderous, tedious, boring.

I'm pretty much in Dan's boat, or I will be round about this time next year. Definitely something involving words.

If I'm honest, my dream job would be seizing creative control of EastEnders and turning it into the feel good multi-ethnic musical it's clearly dying to be underneath it's cold, depressed, mono-racial exterior.

My dream job would be to be a doctor, but unless i get AAA this year i won't even think about applying. I really love physics atm so might consider applying for that at Uni, but chemistry/biochemistry sounds just as tempting.

I'm studying my A levels at the minute with no part time job as i'm lazy.

I don't know what my dream job is yet, i want to go to Uni and do something, although i don't know what the course will be either. I hope to do something practical and not officey/shoppy.

What he said. Because I'm in the same course. What uni are you in?

Escola Superior de Tecnologia do Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal. Not as famous as IST. :P

Escola Superior de Tecnologia do Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal. Not as famous as IST. :P

Fame is overrated ;)

THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL US, HELP!

current job is nothing but im studying to be a civil engineer, just sent off an application for a sponsorship program at laing o'rourke :) a guy on my road works with them and says hes going to keep chasing it up for me and get it to the right people. that would be awesome. all summers i would have a guarenteed job and then one at the end of uni too not to mention they will pay for everything :D

Currently one my first year of A levels. I really can't be bothered with it. I don't want to go to Uni. I haven't got a clue what I want to do. I would have liked to join the RAF but I can't due to my asthma.

I'd love to be a sniper or marksman.

current job is nothing but im studying to be a civil engineer, just sent off an application for a sponsorship program at laing o'rourke :) a guy on my road works with them and says hes going to keep chasing it up for me and get it to the right people. that would be awesome. all summers i would have a guarenteed job and then one at the end of uni too not to mention they will pay for everything :D

I was looking at a Civil and Coastal engineering course at uni, although i'm not too sure if i'd like it, to be honest i don't realy know what's involved.

I'm currently at school. My dream job would be veterinary surgeon. To get there I need:

Maths- A/A*

Biology- A/A*

Chemistry- A/A*

Then at A-Levels, the same subjects with A's and B's.

Then, get a degree in veterinary science and/or veterinary medicine.

I want to do something in computers but I only have qualifications for intermediate I.T, is there anyway I could do more advanced things? I am good on computers, I just havn't got the qualifications to prove it.

I'm currently at school. My dream job would be veterinary surgeon. To get there I need:

Maths- A/A*

Biology- A/A*

Chemistry- A/A*

Then at A-Levels, the same subjects with A's and B's.

Then, get a degree in veterinary science and/or veterinary medicine.

One of my friends just got a offer from the Vet school at Nottingham. Advice good grades lots of Voluntary/ Work experience. Most competitive career to get into above Medicine even.

My dream job would be to be a doctor, but unless i get AAA this year i won't even think about applying. I really love physics atm so might consider applying for that at Uni, but chemistry/biochemistry sounds just as tempting.

Fellow med buddy: peace: (Dunno if I still wanna be a doctor though having second thoughts)

i went to buy my phone at the big softbank store in tokyo the other day - all around the while walls was giant silver writing that said:

ONE'S LIFE IS JUST ABOUT 50 YEARS. ONCE YOU HAVE DECIDED ON A GOAL IN LIFE YOU MUST DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO ACHIEVE THAT GOAL. EVEN IF YOUR GOAL SEEMS UNREACHABLE. IT IS HONORABLE TO DO SO. IT IS EVEN HONORABLE TO DIE WHILE TRYING TO ACHIEVE THAT GOAL.

...:blank:no idea what that had to do with buying a mobile phone mind you... but i must be reeeally dishonorable because i havent decided any goal. i wanna do my laundry tomorrow ~ thats about as far ahead as i;ve planned my life so far!

I'm doing my A levels at the moment....

Then i'm off to Uni and then, I have no idea! :)

My dream Job: Not to Work! :heh: