NEurope
ReZourceman

BBC Radio Person Laughs At Death

That recording sounded like it was going into the Doctor Who theme tune for a second.

It's not as bad as the news presenters who burst out laughing when they were announcing somebody's death.

Yeah, it sounded like she was being tickled from the inside.

:blank:

What it actually was, apparently, was just after the recording was played, someone whispered in her ear "it sounds like a bumble bee inside a bottle".

Which is kinda true, actually. She wasn't laughing at the guy's death, the thread title is misleading...

It sounds like a pissed pigeon, I'd be wetting myself if I was in her position, especially since it's one of those moments where the fact that you're not allowed to laugh at something amplifies it's hilarity ten-fold.

It's not as bad as the news presenters who burst out laughing when they were announcing somebody's death.

Lol...what? Thats exactly what this is.

christ you must be desperate then

was mentioned alot on radio 1 today someone mustve made her laugh she apparently had a "laughing fit"

This laughing subject:

U.S. audio historians have discovered and played back a French inventor's historic 1860 recording of a folk song — the oldest-known audio recording — made 17 years before Thomas Edison invented the phonograph.

"It's magic," audio historian David Giovannoni said on Thursday. "It's like a ghost singing to you."

Lasting 10 seconds, the recording is of a person singing "Au clair de la lune, Pierrot repondit" ("By the light of the moon, Pierrot replied") — part of a French song, according to First Sounds, a group of audio historians, recording engineers, sound archivists and others dedicated to preserving humankind's earliest sound recordings.

It was made on April 9, 1860, by Parisian inventor Edouard-Leon Scott de Martinville on a device called the phonautograph that scratched sound waves onto a sheet of paper blackened by the smoke of an oil lamp, Giovannoni said.

Giovannoni said he learned on March 1 of its existence in an archive in Paris and traveled to the French capital a week later. Experts working with the First Sounds group then transformed the paper tracings into sound.

"It's important on so many levels," Giovannoni said in a telephone interview. "It doesn't take anything away from Thomas Edison, in my opinion. Thomas Edison is generally credited as the first person to have recorded sound."

"But actually the truth is he was the first person to have recorded (sound) and played it back. There were several people working along the lines of Scott, including Alexander Graham Bell, in experimenting — trying to write the visual representation of sound before Edison invented the idea of playing it back," Giovannoni said.

The recording will be presented on Friday at a conference of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections at Stanford University in California, Giovannoni said. It is also posted on the Web.

The U.S. experts made very high-resolution digital scans of the paper. First Sounds said that scientists at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California converted these scans into sound using technology developed to preserve and create access to a wide variety of early recordings.

"It's like discovering the world's oldest photograph and learning that the photograph was taken 17 years before the invention of the camera," Giovannoni said. "In this case, the oldest sound that we can generally hear, up until today, has been from 1888. This predates it by 28 years."

Shes not actualy laughing at death though. This is like a headline from the sun.

Shes not actualy laughing at death though. This is like a headline from the sun.

You love it, and don't deny it. ;)

Or the Daily Mail...

I caught this on Ceefax, so I naturally wanted to check it out. You can't help but giggle yourself as you hear her desperately trying to hold it in. But she should have said she was crying at the death, not laughing at the recording: listen again and you'll see that that could actually pass as true.

Dante; I'm sorry, what? What does that have to do with laughing?

It's what she was laughing at.

Ok, ta! Second apology within 24 hours for me being ignorant :)

Sowwy Dantey!

Or the Daily Mail...

I caught this on Ceefax, so I naturally wanted to check it out. You can't help but giggle yourself as you hear her desperately trying to hold it in. But she should have said she was crying at the death, not laughing at the recording: listen again and you'll see that that could actually pass as true.

I thought that at first.

Was she not laughing at the 1860's recording that has just been played back. I thought that was what people were laughing about.

________

MAZDA 717C SPECIFICATIONS

Edited by fex

Lol...what? Thats exactly what this is.

You should get a job at some tabloid. The BBC only received 4 complaints over this and they got way more requests to play the recording of her laughing again, which they did and uploaded it onto their website.

You should get a job at some tabloid. The BBC only received 4 complaints over this and they got way more requests to play the recording of her laughing again, which they did and uploaded it onto their website.

What?

This is what Moogle said.

I said this is exactly what this is....she bursts out laughing whilst announcing a death.

....Did you listen to the recording?

I said this is exactly what this is....she bursts out laughing whilst announcing a death.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing I was just bringing up the point about the news presenters. They were on TV so it was much more insulting. Plus there were 2 of them.

What?

This is what Moogle said.

I just skimmed the thread.

And yes, I did, and it's pretty obvious that she's not laughing at the guy who died.

It could be passed as crying over the death and not laughing, and she does laugh at announcing the death and not at the death itself even though it sounds like it, and it could be passed as crying.