Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic Unleashed

Fandango

Really didn't think much of the demo. I found the controls to be awkward in the 3d sections. Could have just been me but the analogue stick seemed slow and imprecise. The '2d' bit was ok but nothing spectacular, probably down to the level not being overly great. I probably wasn't going to buy this but now after playing it I really don't want to. I can just see the 3d bits becoming more frustrating with the controls and I don't really want to play through the werehog levels. Oh well.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City Escape is just awesome!

Very good!! :bowdown:

Live and Learn:

City Escape: [Frickin' AWESOME man!!]

Also like Sonic Adventure 1's intro, good memories!

Open Your Heart:

QFT! they should bring Crush 40 back in for the next Sonic game, though maybe have a mixture of Rock-ish tracks and the ones featured in unleashed because some of the music in unleashed like on the African type level was pretty awesome too in it's own way. :smile:

I love Crush 40, which is why i'm glad they're doing the main song for the Black Knight. It feels weir dnot having them in Unleashed.

They are? O.o in that case, as long as the game stays on track, I'll definitely get it. :)

The 3D controls felt like Sonic Heroes (I actually wrote it Sonic Herpes the first time... best typo ever!) and 2006, ie you turn a little and go into a wall, that I didn't like. The rest seemed cool, but lacked the rush er... Sonic Rush gave, although clearly inspired by it.

The 3D controls felt like Sonic Heroes (I actually wrote it Sonic Herpes the first time... best typo ever!) and 2006, ie you turn a little and go into a wall, that I didn't like. The rest seemed cool, but lacked the rush er... Sonic Rush gave, although clearly inspired by it.

lol @ typo :bowdown: as for the controls in Unleashed though, no wai! they feel a lot better than the controls in Sonic Heroes, Unleashed feels a little loose to start with the control gets tighter the more you play, Heroes was just all over the place, all of the time... :/

You can press LT and RT to drift?! I thought you had to press B?

I haven't touched this game in about a week thanks to Banjo, stuck on Empire City as the Warehog. Theres a fucking boss on the top of a building, with NO walls around it and i constantly kept getting hit and thrown off, 7 times in a row. ¬_____¬

Theres a fucking boss on the top of a building, with NO walls around it and i constantly kept getting hit and thrown off, 7 times in a row. ¬_____¬

Lol nm Jordan *hugs* seems I have that joy to look forward to, only on Chun-nan atm (really loved the Great Wall type stage :) ) was playing the second werehog level and I kept dying at an annoying bit, was tired so I just left it lol gonna make some progress on it today though, then once it's finished, back to Nuts and Bolts. : peace:

The longer, and live version of Knight of the Wind ^^

Sounds awesome!

I also think it's wierd that Crush 40 haven't done the main theme for Sonic games recently. It's just not the same without them! I loved thier cover of His World, it would have been better than the original in Sonic 06. However, I don't mind Endless Possibilities, it's a decent theme tune. Though was anyone else suprised to see Jun Senoue's name in the end credits of Unleashed?

This demo felt like same old Sonic to me. Bumping off everything in sight, slowing me down, and when it was moving I was just holding forwards waiting for something to kill me before the camera actually showed me what I should be trying to avoid if the controls would let me.

Guest Captain Falcon
If you wait on the title screen long enough it'll be used on the demo movie. I hear the final boss uses the version without vocals, you can also find the audio in one of the levels too.

The end boss uses an orchestrated version of the song - much like how Sonic '06 uses an orchestrated version of His World for it's last boss. It's works really well due to the rousing nature of the track.

The only time I recall hearing the lyrical version was over the credits.

Did the eggmanland level last night and i thought it was never going to end! That was one long level! Think i am on the final boss now so i shall give that a go tonight.

Really enjoyed the sonic sections in this game. Werehog seemed to get more frustrating the further i got into the game with him.

Noticed abit of slowdown on eggmanland (sonic bits) and the sonic level before that (think it was Adabat, a beach like level). Graphics looked gorgoious but with everything going on screen it seemed to struggle slightly. Only time i noticed it in the game though.

Having played and finished the Wii version of this game I was quite surprised how different this version is. The Sonic levels are so much faster and quite frankly a hell of alot better but its the Werehog levels that let the game down. On the Wii there are more Werehog levels but they only last about 5-10mins were as the 360 ones can last upto 20! If they had kept them the same length as the Wii version then the game would have been perfect. Im still loving it to bits though :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!