N-Europe

Mafia - SciFi/Fantasy Sign Ups

Esequiel

Mafia Rules

Im joining the Q for a mafia game, theres only 1 running atm (Mundi) and Thriller should be starting soon... Then from what i see there is Jonnas Mafia, Barebones and another forum mafia......

Anyways sign ups are open, it will also be a speed round opening and closing at set times.

All characters will be based around SciFi and Fantasy wether it be books, films, comics, TV etc etc It will be mainstream things, i want people to know there characters.

Me and Maddog will be running this.

Players 27 out of 27:

Beggilax

Coolness Bears

Cube

Dan Dare

Darksnowman

DomJcg

Dyson

Eenuh

Gizmo

Haggis

Jayseven

Jonnas

Lazyboy

Masse

MoogleViper

Mr Paul

Mundi

Nintendohnut

Oxigen_Waste

Rokhed00

Scubahood

Shino

Tellyn

The Fish

Vicar

VoLcOm

Zell

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esequel can you please link the wiki page in your first post for people like Dan Dare. There are still lots of people who don'tunderstand the game and find it intimidating.

People are obviously finding the mafia thing a bit confusing (too many games, too many sign ups, nobody knows the rules). Please go to the Suggestions thread to voice your opinions so we can get it all sorted out.

Jesus way to pound on the new guy... Fine il wait until the others die down.

Also I meanst excessive as in there many mafia sign up coming up at the same time, be a shame if some got forgotten in all of the rush

Also I´m in, can´t spell Mafia without M

I understand that alot of games are being organised atm, and i appreciate that but i mentioned a while ago i wanted to do one, got working on it but didnt put my name down. Now im alot further back than i could have been but i dont mind waiting.

Im writing roles and making the game as balanced as i can, hopefully with some interesting characters and the fact i check these forums every hour we can have some fun :P

Oh quick reply to Shino... I know i have not played much mafia but im a fast learner :) If however there is someone here who does not want to play but is expirienced and could have a look at the roles iv created that would be totally fine.

I'm in also- though this won't be for quite some time, right? It feels like I sign up to a new game everyday at the minute!

But yeah, no need to go mental about the amount of games popping up. (As long as we don't have like five games running at the same time then its all good, imo.) All you haters need to do is give one a try and you'll soon see how it works- and become addicted. Half the fun is not completely knowing whats going on so you can speculate speculate speculate.

If somebody links the rules I'll check it out. Not to sound like a tool but we've had loads of these i didn't want everyone just flooding my favourite forum page with chaff.

Funny you should ask for that, look no further than the opening post of this thread!

Yeah, I read over the rules and everything before I played my first game, but it doesn't really prepare you at all for whats in store once the game gets underway.

eenuh gave the best advice in a previous thread; best way to understand it is to try following one of the games. Obviously asking you to catch up on 40+ pages of the current game is asking a wee bit too much :P

Basically; everyone is assigned a 'role', generally nobody knows what role everyone else has, and the aim is to eliminate the mafia by lynching them, every day. The mafia know who each other are, and typically have the power to kill the 'townies' every night. The townies fight back with investigators, role-blockers, protectors, and so on.

It's fun :)