Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Seven New Deadly Sins

Slaggis

1) It is a sin to willingly or purposefully cause suffering upon another person.

Thats the main one I'd have. Everything else is an aferthought.

This one is good in theory. Most of out worldly pleasures derive from someone else having to suffer for it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new Seven Deadly Sins:

1: Thou Shalt Not Stop Suddenly In Front Of Me When I Am Walking, Thou Ass.

2: Thou Shalt Not Take Your Whiny Child To A Fashionable Restaurant Where I Am Eating An Expensive Meal And Ignore It When It Has A Tantrum. I'm Paying For This Shit Too, You Know?

3: Thou Shalt Not Be Hotter Than My Girlfriend And Expect To Not Get Stared At, For I Am Only Human.

4: Thou Shalt Not Recite The Biography Of Every Actor In The Film.

5: Thou Shalt Not Push In Front Of Me In Line Then Complain When I Elbow You In The Crotch, For Thou Deserved It.

6: Thou Shalt Not Message Me The Instant I Log On To MSN, Giveth Me A Minute Or Two, Will You?

7: Thous Shalt Not Criticise Newcastle United Or The English Football Team. Nor Shalt Thou Declare "Lo, It Is Only A Game" When Either Of The Above Loses, For Thou Shalt Be Out Of The Door Faster Than Thou Can Say "Penalty!"

My new Seven Deadly Sins:

1: Thou Shalt Not Stop Suddenly In Front Of Me When I Am Walking, Thou Ass.

2: Thou Shalt Not Take Your Whiny Child To A Fashionable Restaurant Where I Am Eating An Expensive Meal And Ignore It When It Has A Tantrum. I'm Paying For This Shit Too, You Know?

3: Thou Shalt Not Be Hotter Than My Girlfriend And Expect To Not Get Stared At, For I Am Only Human.

4: Thou Shalt Not Recite The Biography Of Every Actor In The Film.

5: Thou Shalt Not Push In Front Of Me In Line Then Complain When I Elbow You In The Crotch, For Thou Deserved It.

6: Thou Shalt Not Message Me The Instant I Log On To MSN, Giveth Me A Minute Or Two, Will You?

7: Thous Shalt Not Criticise Newcastle United Or The English Football Team. Nor Shalt Thou Declare "Lo, It Is Only A Game" When Either Of The Above Loses, For Thou Shalt Be Out Of The Door Faster Than Thou Can Say "Penalty!"

Awesome, I'd like to join the Church of Iun please :bowdown:

Thoughts?

*raises middle finger*

The pope's a dick. Or at least what his role entails makes him one (maybe he's really nice in real life).

He just wants everyone to get AIDS apparently. Good idea! :bowdown:

:indeed:

No, what he said was that all Catholics are people who aren't intelligent enough to think for themselves.

No he didn't. He said he was a figurehead for people who couldn't think for themselves.

There is just no advantage to being Catholic over protestant, in my eyes. Protestantism (or whatever) actually has no really pointless hatred for no reason in it's teachngs, and actually has a life knowing modern lifestyles.

Either way, I'm over it. *flies away from religion in general, as he hates it*

Religious people can be smart. Catholic = dumb. Anyone who believes/defends the shit the catholic church teaches, is obviously dumb. No offense to you, personally.

Oh you make me laugh... That's exactly the same as me saying something like, "I hate all of X race" to someone who is race X and then saying "no offence to you, personally".

Oh you make me laugh... That's exactly the same as me saying something like, "I hate all of X race" to someone who is race X and then saying "no offence to you, personally".

Not quite - racism and homophobia are discriminating against natural differences. Disliking religion, however, is saying "I disagree with what you think". It's not liking another's opinion.

No, a belief is a personal option, race is not up to you. See, you choose to be catholic, you never chose to be white. But you did choose to believe in the world's dumbest religious system. I don't see how you can explain that.

Plus, The fish is exactly right.

No, a belief is a personal option, race is not up to you. See, you choose to be catholic, you never chose to be white. But you did choose to believe in the world's dumbest religious system. I don't see how you can explain that.

Plus, The fish is exactly right.

QFT.

(Fills in, to get up to 10 characters, plus)

Um, you know what's weird? How easily riled you guys are buy some words some other guy said.

Nobody who doesn't already follow the pope is going to suddenly radicalise their lives to adopt these 'new sins'... and to be honest, these 'sins' are things we all agree are bad anyway, so what's the fucking fuss?

If the pope was just as narrow-minded as half the people in this thread, then I'd be worried.

Four? I could stretch to two, I think. I know drugs are bad - I don't care, but that's a different matter. Four? Nah.

How is using birth control bad? (I know you now say well a couple are wrong, but I wanted put my point across anyway, I'm not moaning at you. :))

I know, I think I'll become a figurehead of a religion then tell people that using a condom means you go to hell. Everyone, spread aids!

It's ridiculous how they still get away with this, it shows how messed up it is that someone is allowed to spread a message like that.

How is using birth control bad? (I know you now say well a couple are wrong, but I wanted put my point across anyway, I'm not moaning at you. :))

I know, I think I'll become a figurehead of a religion then tell people that using a condom means you go to hell. Everyone, spread aids!

It's ridiculous how they still get away with this, it shows how messed up it is that someone is allowed to spread a message like that.

To be fair, the pope also says nobody should have sex out of wedlock, which would very effectively slow the spread of HIV, but most of those who take him up and don't use condoms ignore this.

To be fair, the pope also says nobody should have sex out of wedlock, which would very effectively slow the spread of HIV, but most of those who take him up and don't use condoms ignore this.

Very true, but he needs to get with the times. Societies views on sex have changed dramitically, it's just something people do now. He needs to understand the message he is spreading is having a negative effect on people, and he's contradicting himself with his sins. By telling people not to wear condoms, he's causing harm to human beings.

Aids is a massive problem in the world, africa especially. He is effecively halting the battle against Aids for millions of people (Yes, I understand there are many ther factors etc etc, but I'm discussing the simple factor of using a condom) who take his word as the law. I find it utterly wrong personally that someone with that much power over so many people abuses it.

Um, you know what's weird? How easily riled you guys are buy some words some other guy said.

Nobody who doesn't already follow the pope is going to suddenly radicalise their lives to adopt these 'new sins'... and to be honest, these 'sins' are things we all agree are bad anyway, so what's the fucking fuss?

If the pope was just as narrow-minded as half the people in this thread, then I'd be worried.

Yep lol

I dont think the pope even made these sins up did he? Wasnt it some other bishop and the pope hasnt endorsed them?

And yep it took me five seconds to find out that The new mortal sins were listed by Archbishop Gianfranco Girotti at the end of a week-long training seminar in Rome for priests, aimed at encouraging a revival of the practice of confession - or the Sacrament of Penance in Church jargon.

So all the anti pope retorhic in relation to this is baseless.

Secondaly the catholic church does a hell of a lot of good work and charity work. I am a protostant and personally dont agree with the condom thing. But the amount of aid people have recieved from the catholic church personally finacially etc is immense. Again im a protostant and agree a lot of the catholic churches history and even current practices arent so good but it has done a lot of good as well.

Its really funny in these threads im sure all the athiests would say they don't believe in right and wrong objectively. Yet a large selction of these posts I can quote if anyone calls me on it are the most black and white rethoric that is on the forum.

Oh for sure I think the condom thing is a bit backwards, but those people who listen to what he says aren't going to take one thing he says and ignore another; they're not going to use condoms and they're not going to have sex outside of marriage.

The people whose hair turns to flame each time the pope opens his mouth are the people who don't listen to what he says anyway - there's a sense of irony in that.

So yeah - the pope being to blame for aids has always been a nonsense notion, in my book.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!