Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mothers day!!!!!

Letty

I gave my mother a 24-minute phone call :P Yah, I'm not big on mother's/father's day. I'll give 'em a call, but no gifts and shit. That would be like having two birthdays.

In all honesty, I don't see either of them on their respected hallmark days. If I did then I would make a better effort. Besides, I've got the rest of their lives to give them a kick-ass Day, so why peak too soon?

A slightly different spin; some friends have said that recent years, Mother's day has basically meant that the mothers want to be all motherly and look after you. I suppose this is more true if you live away from home than under teh same roof.

I gave my mother a 24-minute phone call :P Yah, I'm not big on mother's/father's day. I'll give 'em a call, but no gifts and shit. That would be like having two birthdays.

In all honesty, I don't see either of them on their respected hallmark days. If I did then I would make a better effort. Besides, I've got the rest of their lives to give them a kick-ass Day, so why peak too soon?

A slightly different spin; some friends have said that recent years, Mother's day has basically meant that the mothers want to be all motherly and look after you. I suppose this is more true if you live away from home than under teh same roof.

Maybe it's nice for some people who never show any appreciation for their mothers to have a day where they are sort of forced to show some love to them :heart::yay:

I went home this weekend because I had a hospital appointment, and Mother's Day fitted nicely in. Whenever something came on TV I said "Do you want that?" And she said no. Finally she said yes on that Thriller 25 thing. Which I bought with an expensive card. Got the step-mum a card as well. Always does good to grease the wheels.

j00 ungrateful sod O_O I assume you get nothing for christmas based on this logic from your family ;)

After getting our mum some shitty birthday presents me and my brothers got her a digital TV box (which she's been wanting for ages), a digital picture frame to go with the digital camera she got at Christmas, some of her favourite chocolates and a card.

She's bat-shit crazy but we still love her.