N-Europe

Ever Had A Fight?

Kirkatronics

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

War, I'm just joking around, I have no grudges with you. :D : peace:

But seriously, explain to me why making a sexual remark means that I'm unhappy with my sexuality.

Usualy people cover up their sexual problems with jokes about other peoples sexualities.

And i think im getting you confused with a certain other forum member who seems a bit insecure :/

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

I thought he was trying to wind meup for comments like this lol... Seems like i was wrong.

I love it when people say that lol.

Theres no rules in real life, what if someone kciks you in the face? Not much tai Kwon Do can do to help then.

I think its only a form of excercise unless you have actually used it in a REAL fight.

I kind of thought the same, I mean, I think martial arts are very good to know and have, but I've also seen a black belt in one totally fucked over by a black belt in another. If you know alot of different fighting arts, then you have a bit more of a leg to stand on(oho!). Some arts won't train or account for another art's prime speciality, and I imagine sometimes being in a street fight situation could be so much different to the practise situations have dealt with. I'll post a quote I read by Chris Crudelli;

"You may have the strongest most perfect reverse punch in the world, but it's useless against a gun, think carefully, there is much more to martial arts than punching and kicking."

Get out of my head Charles!

Hmmm...well I'm not sure if it can be termed as a fight....but kinda yes.

Basically there was a posh, snotty, spoiled little shit in my class in year 11. Not many people liked him apart from his other rich-kid friends, and I personally hated him. We had a PE lesson, I was playing football with my mates in a gym, 5 a side game and it was really fun. Then he comes in with a mate, and grabs the ball, starts kicking it at me and my friends, trying to hit us. We had literally done nothing, it was just a laugh for him.

So he kicks it at me and misses, and when it bounces off the wall I caught it, and kicked it at him. It hits him (cause I'm awesome) and I laugh and turn around to my friend to make a joke, my friend is also laughing. When I turn my head back around BAM! Before I even know what's happened I'm stumbling backwards. He had walked up to me while I was turned around and started swinging. I couldn't even roll with the punch cause I didn't see it coming.

So basically once he's hit me square in the jaw and I'm seeing lights flashing, he says "You wanna fight" And at the time I literally could do nothing but clutch the wall to stay on my feet. My friend luckily was there to pull him off me, because he was pushing me against the wall.

So when I eventually get my head straight enough (seriously, try turning into a punch rather than rolling with it....much fucking worse) I turn round, and feel small pieces of my tooth in my mouth. Turns out he had dislodged my two front teeth (luckily they were still hanging in the gum, not on the floor) and I'm dripping blood across the floor. I tell him he's "knocked my fucking teeth out" and to "Just fuck off!" and then I got a friend to get a teacher, then went home for emergency dentristry.

Fucking kid hit me when I wasn't looking, and then I couldn't even retaliate. Seriously, I wish I had beaten him to a pulp that day. I now have two dead teeth in my mouth (actually not as bad as it sounds, just means they don't feel cold, like i can eat ice cream without them hurting lol)

But yeah, everyone hated him after that for a long time. Then, of course, they all forgot and he got his rich-kid friends back (they sided with me for a long while)

Sorry for that massive post, I'm sure nobody read it.

Incidentally this was shortly before the Christmas holidays...so like the 15th December or so. I had to eat Christmas dinner with a straw, and all the punishment he got was two days suspended (as in two days longer Christmas holidays) Fucking ridiculous.

Fights in TKD competitions, sure. But no real fights outside. Though apart of me wants to put my skills to the test in an uncontrolled, no-holds-barred situation, apart of me is also shit-scared TBH because what we call 'fights' in the grimmer parts of London are usually 20-on-1 rushes with the obligatory stabbing or gun shot. The good old days of actually having an honourable one-on-one fight between men are over...Sadly.

Someone needs to play FFX's 'Otherworld' Theme. :)

I've had tons of fights! Never started one or lost one though! Always people being racist or singling me out coz I'm the smaller of my mates...

...too bad for them I'm quite handy! I've done a fair bit of martial arts most my life (kickboxing, muay thai, aikido, karate and judo) and I've been fighting since primary school!

The most recent time was the best, was about 13 months ago now, my friend and I got jumped by 7 lads. My friend had his nose broken the poor lad, I didn't have a scratch on me!

I knocked 2 out cleanly and gave one of them a brain heammorage, he was asleep for 2 days and in hospital for just over 2 weeks!

About 3 days after the incident I had CID, Detective Inspector Andrew Reynolds, come round to my house and take me to the police station for a tape-recorded statement. Luckily for me it was all caught on cctv and it was clear they were the aggressors and I was defending myself!

The best thing was DI Reynolds saying afterwards "off the record, they got what they deserved... you can really fight you can!"

Awesome!

About 3 days after the incident I had CID, Detective Inspector Andrew Reynolds, come round to my house and take me to the police station for a tape-recorded statement. Luckily for me it was all caught on cctv and it was clear they were the aggressors and I was defending myself!

The best thing was DI Reynolds saying afterwards "off the record, they got what they deserved... you can really fight you can!"

Awesome!

With that in mind, I'm even more scared to fight someone, with the haywire laws in this country you never know when it will turn on you.

I've had a few scuffles in my time, but never anything where i've really wanted to hurt the guy. I'm not one to start fights, and if you see me i'm not exactly one you start with either. It's weird actually, for someone who spends as much time with the martial arts as I do you'd think I'd have some vendetta or something.

Why didn't you just hit him the once hard enough to stun him, and then make loose?

Rage. Pure and unadulterated, pleasure-filled rage. Bruised my hand quite badly at the time, and I kind of wish I hadn't done it now. But then again, the guy was trying to put me down for good.

I also dont get the "I know Karatae so Ill be okay in a fight thing" I once saw someone who did Karatae and openly flaunted that he was a brown belt or whatever get kicked the shit out of. It was quite funny watching him flailing on the floor attempting crazy martial arts stuff while this guy pounded his chest.

Ive never been in a fight - try to avoid them due to Id lose.

There was a riot (yes...I know) at my primary school once, and I pulled my worst enemies ears really hard. That was pretty much the most violent thing Ive done, lol.

People start on me before, like a group of Pakistanis we just walked passed them, and they grabbed me by the collar and yelled at me. Chesham ; fun fun fun. :/

Yes, i have, with Domstercool.

I punched him in the face, repeatedly. Then did a Shoryuken, followed by a Shinku-Hadouken.

Okay, that was Street Fighter. But i actually have had a couple of fights... I remember winning one. Hehe.

I also dont get the "I know Karatae so Ill be okay in a fight thing" I once saw someone who did Karatae and openly flaunted that he was a brown belt or whatever get kicked the shit out of. It was quite funny watching him flailing on the floor attempting crazy martial arts stuff while this guy pounded his chest.

Unless you can remain cool in the heat of the moment, martial arts are pretty useless. And unless you're some total baddass, you're unable to remain cool. Martial arts are good if you want some agility, but for self defence, I suggest you get yourself into some true street fights to gain experience. Unless you're gonna lear Muay-Thai, in wich case you're used to being hit, and keeping your cool won't be a problem. Now there's a good martial art... Muay Thai. :heh:

Unless you can remain cool in the heat of the moment, martial arts are pretty useless. And unless you're some total baddass, you're unable to remain cool. Martial arts are good if you want some agility, but for self defence, I suggest you get yourself into some true street fights to gain experience.

Karate...Maybe. But Taekwondo? no way! I understand the issues of psychology in a street fight but when the law is "whoever hits the hardest wins" you can't get much worse than a TKD kick, usually one good kick = 1-hit KO.

This is so random!!

@King_V: by any chance are you off to the tkd national this weekend in nottingham?

I'd been setting off later on today!! if you are going go look for a black tag from brookes uni!! XD

Good luck, but me? No. Never even heard of it, is that a WTF comp?

Karate...Maybe. But Taekwondo? no way! I understand the issues of psychology in a street fight but when the law is "whoever hits the hardest wins" you can't get much worse than a TKD kick, usually one good kick = 1-hit KO.

No offense, I know you're a Taekwondo fighter and all, but you can't compare a TKD kick with a Muay Thai kick. Nothing hits harder then Muay Thai. You can kick them all day long and they won't give a fuck, they're the masters of resistence and hitting hard! I mean... their whole training scheme is insanely hard, who ever heard of peeling palm trees with bare shins? Punching rocks all day long? Those guys are insane... Authentic fighting machines. Like most martial arts, Taekwondo's biggest flaw is that it focuses too much on hitting the opponent, instead of focusing on defense and evasion. I'll tell you this... anyone who masters both Muay Thai and Capoeira... is a fighting god. Agility + Resistence = the perfect fighter. Only a submission figther can have a hope of fighting something like that. And then again, how many submission fighter have you brawled with on the streets of faith?

Plus, the main problem with TKD in street fights is that it rellies to heavilly on the use of kicks... street fights are a much more fist-driven type of combat.

Firstly Oxigen, this is kind of a stupid discussion, because in reality no one art can possibly be declared better than another. The ability of the fighter depends primarily on his master and the student himself.

However I will make a few notes. Firstly, even though it's nice to watch Muay Thai, it has its flaws, two main ones. Firstly it sacrifices balance in order to gain power in many of its moves, and being knocked of balance in a fight is something that can lose you that fight. Attaining power from a kick whilst maintaing balance is one thing I may add Tae-kwon-do achieves very well.

Secondly Muay Thai lacks diversity in its combat forms. This is okay if you're fighting some guy in the street, but bad if you are fighting another martial artist.

Also in my opinion, for the kind of fighting Muay Thai is, I think Burmese boxing is better. However as stated, no one art is really better than another.

No offense, I know you're a Taekwondo fighter and all, but you can't compare a TKD kick with a Muay Thai kick. Nothing hits harder then Muay Thai. You can kick them all day long and they won't give a fuck, they're the masters of resistence and hitting hard! I mean... their whole training scheme is insanely hard, who ever heard of peeling palm trees with bare shins? Punching rocks all day long? Those guys are insane... Authentic fighting machines. Like most martial arts, Taekwondo's biggest flaw is that it focuses too much on hitting the opponent, instead of focusing on defense and evasion. I'll tell you this... anyone who masters both Muay Thai and Capoeira... is a fighting god. Agility + Resistence = the perfect fighter. Only a submission figther can have a hope of fighting something like that. And then again, how many submission fighter have you brawled with on the streets of faith?

Plus, the main problem with TKD in street fights is that it rellies to heavilly on the use of kicks... street fights are a much more fist-driven type of combat.

Whaaaa? How long have you practiced TKD for? WTF (Olympic style) TKD is all about evasion, and when you have evasion you don't really need to defend. TKD fighters are known for their speed, and when you have speed, power (like the Thai fighters) isn't really necessary anymore because 1) With speed you have power (velocity=force etc) and 2) a smart fast fighter has the upper hand against a slow powerful fighter (imo).

Street fights don't have to be fist-driven, all you in need to do is make distance to kick, besides we actually do a lot of hand techniques, they are present in everyone of our forms its just that in sport competition they don't really score well but of course on the streets theres no rules. :)

At the end of the day though Lazyboy is right, the art depends on the student and his/her teacher. Creating a food chain-like structure with martial arts is simply all down to self opinion.

A few funny stories:

Once, a bunch of Year 8s who used to terrorize the lunch tables stole my hat, which was a standard blue wooly hat, and I was in Year 11 at the time. So one of my faster friends sped after the group and retrieved it.

They tried to do it again (a second daring run) but I sort of half-shoved the guy who came for me as he reached for the hat. So they all went around the corner and sort of had a meeting I suppose, then the biggest one, who was about my height came round followed by about half the school to beat me up.

Anyway, so he came right up to me and I sort of played it nonchalant, because even though he was as big as me I reckon I could have scared him off by being angry. BUT, this midget kid who we hung around with held both my arms back, as a sort of "You can't fight a Year 8" gesture, not that I was going to do anything anyway.

So the kid cracked me on the face, and it sort of felt like a dead arm but not as painful, so I put my angry face on and went after him. He sort of ran around the tables and I followed shouting obscenities, and then he ran off after about 30 seconds of that. Then not only was I accused of losing, not that it mattered that much to me, but I was accused of unfairly attacking a much younger pupil. So there you go.

Another time, at Tennis, I refused to give a new kid my second ball (he had hit like 3 over the wall into the school for the disabled), which you are allowed to go and get but he was lazy, so he punched me in the face. That time, it did hurt, it hurt a lot, and I wept. Turns out he was expelled for knifing someone and that's why he was new and I should have given him the ball. That was in Year 9 I think.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!