Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hyde Park 4th-6th July N-E Meet and Mainland July 5th Meet in Holland

jayseven

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you're in London it's a piece of piss. Worse comes to the worse, get someone to meet you at the station you arrive in.

Hmm, me and Dom will arrive via St.Pancras, so if people who will arrive there from far off wish for some company/guidance on the underground, let me know and I'll try and time it...

If multiple folk want to do it, try and all get in within a small time difference of each other.

Hmm, me and Dom will arrive via St.Pancras, so if people who will arrive there from far off wish for some company/guidance on the underground, let me know and I'll try and time it...

If multiple folk want to do it, try and all get in within a small time difference of each other.

I'll meet you guys there... which line are you getting in?

I'm going to be staying here., as I've said before. I am going to make booking this week. Wildo is going to stay there too. You pay in cash when you arrive. So yeah. How many people will want to stay here too?

That makes it easier. I'll stay there too.

Just in case, and this includes myself as well, what happens if myself or somebody else wants to stay and something happens and they cant? I can honestly say that I should be able to afford this now because of my birthday. :)

If anyone could meet me at euston I'd appreciate it :yay:

I'm going to be staying here., as I've said before. I am going to make booking this week. Wildo is going to stay there too. You pay in cash when you arrive. So yeah. How many people will want to stay here too?

Looks good to me, sign me up!

When are you going btw? 4th, 5th and 6th? Or just the 5th and 6th?

Just in case, and this includes myself as well, what happens if myself or somebody else wants to stay and something happens and they cant? I can honestly say that I should be able to afford this now because of my birthday. :)

Depends how much notice you give them. Tell them a couple of weeks in advance and they are usually fine. If you leave it until the day though then they'll charge the full whack and the rest of us will be paying for your empty place...

Oh and my train stops at Euston too, so no bother meeting you there. We're probably on the same train tbh, Manchester to London.

I guess what McPhee says. People ought to start booking their train tickets asap. I think mid-july I'll maybe try and get a new thread that's simpler and has a proper list of who's going and such.

Looks good to me, sign me up!

When are you going btw? 4th, 5th and 6th? Or just the 5th and 6th?

I'm going up on the 4th, and I plan to hit the park/stations to meet people fairly early. Staying 'til the 6th, maybe even the 7th depending on all-sorts.

With a railcard and stuff I doubt I'm going to book it in advance, I'll probably buy it on the day, silly as it sounds, I hate buying things this early just in case something goes wrong.

I'll be able to stay from the 4th (ill come down on the 4th) and go back on the 7th.

Trust me - booking on the day down to london will cost you a SHITLOAD more than it would in advance. For example, a ticket from leeds to brighton via london costed me about £45 return when booked even a week in advance, but on the day getting from leeds to brighton alone cost over £60. That's a single, and not even for all of the journey. Trust me, that was NOT a fun day.

So yeah - no need to buy anything immediately, but I strongly advise you to grab a ticket at least a week (best to be 3 or more, really) early. If you have to pull out then the ticket may be refundable.

Plus if you book in advance you'll get a reserved seat. Travelling 3+ hours on the virgin trains without a seat is not fun at all. I speak from experience. Many, many experiences.

And to keep a tally, that's 4 of us now for that hostel placemajig.

jayseven

Wildo

McPhee

nightwolf

Trust me - booking on the day down to london will cost you a SHITLOAD more than it would in advance. For example, a ticket from leeds to brighton via london costed me about £45 return when booked even a week in advance, but on the day getting from leeds to brighton alone cost over £60. That's a single, and not even for all of the journey. Trust me, that was NOT a fun day.

So yeah - no need to buy anything immediately, but I strongly advise you to grab a ticket at least a week (best to be 3 or more, really) early. If you have to pull out then the ticket may be refundable.

Plus if you book in advance you'll get a reserved seat. Travelling 3+ hours on the virgin trains without a seat is not fun at all. I speak from experience. Many, many experiences.

And to keep a tally, that's 4 of us now for that hostel placemajig.

jayseven

Wildo

McPhee

nightwolf

I'll book it nearer my birthday, that way I know if I'm definately going (which I should be, would be nice to visit london) oh and you guys haha :heh: I wouldn't worry too much about how much its gonna cost me...I'm going to be loaded in june :yay:

I have to go from sheffield from crewe often that's about two hours, always without seats, then I did it once to poole too from crewe, over 7 hours and only once did I get a seat, I can handle it ^.^

edit: just checked a day before ticket to london AND back for me is under 40 quid, awesome!

Yeah, I'm totally up for staying there if thats cool with you lot.

Guest Stefkov

£44.20 to leave at 9:45 on the 4th and leave on the 6th at 20:35.

Not a bad price at all.

As for that hostel I might go that one. It seems the best so far.

Hmm, let's get working and get moneh then.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!