NEurope
Mundi

Gears Of War 2

So I have this game, played it for a bit, found it alright. Might play it a bit more.

So I have this game, played it for a bit, found it alright. Might play it a bit more.

Good to know.

Sweet! GAME have sent me a code for £10 off because they meant to reduce the price of limited edition to £42.99!

I finished campaign yesterday, very enjoyable even though the last boss is VERY meh and the story being very predictable.

After that I went straight onto Horde with a team of 3 and it was such a laugh. We played on the Avalanche map due to their being a great place to hide/fall back on. Once we got to level 35 things started to heat up. I think it took us 2 hours to get to level 50 once we had hit wave 35.

Sorry for not accepting the game invite last night Chris but I was Hording :)

Sweet! GAME have sent me a code for £10 off because they meant to reduce the price of limited edition to £42.99!

Just found a e-mail saying this same thing for me as well!

The clauses they have added don't make it seem quite as good though...

I finished campaign yesterday, very enjoyable even though the last boss is VERY meh and the story being very predictable.

After that I went straight onto Horde with a team of 3 and it was such a laugh. We played on the Avalanche map due to their being a great place to hide/fall back on. Once we got to level 35 things started to heat up. I think it took us 2 hours to get to level 50 once we had hit wave 35.

Sorry for not accepting the game invite last night Chris but I was Hording :)

The end boss wasn't as good as the first games boss but I think the leadup to it makes up for it. A lot.

That was such an epic part of the game. I racked up about 200 kills on that level alone.

I racked up about 200 kills on that level alone.

Yeah Ive been doing that over and over....and over again this morning. I have now racked up 10,000 kills, only 90,000 to go :heh:

Loving this game. Meeting my expectations and they were damn high. Just wanted to register that.

The end boss wasn't as good as the first games boss

I'm guessing the boss from the first game doesn't usually let player 2 stand right next to him and just keep shotgunning him until he dies like he did when I played the first game?

Cained this game since i got it, finished the campaign, it was bigger and better than the first, lovin the last level. The bit after the credits is quite cool n all. Shame it only took like 8 hours.

Then played horde mode for a bit last night, was pretty cool, getting to lvl 40 on casual was pretty easy with 3 of us though, gonna do the last 10 levels.

Sry if i aint join wen ya invited, hordes just too gud to leave lol

if anyone buys this, doesn't like it and fancies Dead Space instead, let me know. I'll even throw in Spiderman: Web of Shadows!

I'm guessing the boss from the first game doesn't usually let player 2 stand right next to him and just keep shotgunning him until he dies like he did when I played the first game?

No. More like just letting you stand there shooting at it.

There might be some resistance but I didn't get any. It was over in under 5 minutes.

The fucking vehicle sections are so damn annoying. I am so loving it though. One thing thats bugging me is the shotgun, it doesn't sound the same, it seems to sound a little weaker.

@ Dan Dare - if you really want the game and are done with the two games you listed, you can get about £25 instore credit at Gamestation and at Game, although I can't confirm Game, for each meaning you would be able to purchase it. Just a thought.

Stop tormenting me with your GOW 2 invites, I haven´t gotten the game yet :cry:

Gonna try and fix that at christmas time.

Came back from uni for the weekend, have had a few gos of the multiplayer. And I'm loving it so much better than Gears 1's online. I love sticking grenades to walls, so satisfying getting a double kill from the other end of the map.

@ Dan Dare - if you really want the game and are done with the two games you listed, you can get about £25 instore credit at Gamestation and at Game, although I can't confirm Game, for each meaning you would be able to purchase it. Just a thought.

I know, but I want Mirrors Edge too. Gaaah!

You're in the same boat as me, although I'm not overly fussed for this as it's more Rock Band 2 I'm wanting. Would people say I should pick up the first game before this one as I've not played that and I'm not really wanting to spend £40 on a game I'm unsure of.

My wanting for a shooting game to play online will increase what with the CoD:WaW beta closing tomorrow. Argh........ Why have you done this publishers? Too many good games out at the same time.

Completed this late last night on normal difficulty. AWSOME game, normal mode was pretty easy to play through though.

Tried the multiplayer last night as well, i'm impressed. Tried Horde mode with a friend and only got to wave 6... lol

You're in the same boat as me, although I'm not overly fussed for this as it's more Rock Band 2 I'm wanting. Would people say I should pick up the first game before this one as I've not played that and I'm not really wanting to spend £40 on a game I'm unsure of.

My wanting for a shooting game to play online will increase what with the CoD:WaW beta closing tomorrow. Argh........ Why have you done this publishers? Too many good games out at the same time.

Dude, just jump straight in - you wont regret it!

hmmm.... perhaps I may. Just need the money. Getting Mirror's Edge on friday and then I'm getting Family Guy season 7 on dvd so it's gonna be tight but I'll think of some way in which to get it. I may be late to the party though :heh: