NEurope
Mundi

Gears Of War 2

better dynamic shadows, much more definition, more advanced character lighting and lots more things on-screen - he showed a Gears of War demo with 100 Locust enemies running around.

There will be better splashes (of blood, hopefully), better sound effects, integrated cinematic creation software, and Ageia soft body physics technology that allows objects to appear gelatinous and sticky when touched, or fluid balls to have viscosity and so forth.

And last but not least, scenery is now destructible - demonstrated by a Torque Bow arrow sticking into a wooden fence then blowing it to pieces.

From Eurogamer.

Never been a big fan of Gears but I'll keep this one on the radar anyway.

better dynamic shadows, much more definition, more advanced character lighting and lots more things on-screen - he showed a Gears of War demo with 100 Locust enemies running around.

There will be better splashes (of blood, hopefully), better sound effects, integrated cinematic creation software, and Ageia soft body physics technology that allows objects to appear gelatinous and sticky when touched, or fluid balls to have viscosity and so forth.

And last but not least, scenery is now destructible - demonstrated by a Torque Bow arrow sticking into a wooden fence then blowing it to pieces.

All the important things you need in a game then basically.

and says on the bottom, ARTWORK NOT FINAL. I reckon the proper cover will be quite ugly and then they'll have a nice limited cover to sell it :P

and o yeh, WOOOOOP its gonna be good

Well yeah I know that. I'm not blind.

Trailer was amazing. If that happens in the multiplayer it's gonna make Bauer less happy.

Dueling chainsaws will make this game a hell of a lot more fun to play. Half the joy was sucked out of it by chainsawing ***** and shotgunning shits.

So what else you meant to use then. Next you'll be saying the use of projectiles makes this game suck...

Gears was ALOT of fun at long distance. Two people on the mansion level with lancers blind firing then diving behind cover to shoot. But it turned into a run towards your enemy and spam them with shotgun fire to win kind of affair.

It turned from something quite fun into something as tactical as... Katamari Damacey.

What are you on about Stefkov? Everybody knows that to play gears all you do is run about and pistol whip people.

If there is Chainsaw duelling there better be pistol whip duelling, the epicness that would follow...

Gears may have been a lot of fun in the shitty once you're down you dont get back up until someone gets you up mode.

Execution is faster and quicker. Even more fun.

I can't believe you're saying it's not fun because people like to spice things up a bit.

This is just gonna end up like a Snaking in mario kart thing...