NEurope
Mundi

Gears Of War 2

hit me up bra.

I've almost finished campaign on Insane with my cousin. We got stuck on the last section though because the

duel with the corpser

requires some fucking intense button bashing and I just couldn't do it and turned the game off.

Finished this earlier on normal (should really have done it on hard). It was a good game but I stand by what I said in that it did feel very sluggish at times. I was just wishing and wanting for the tempo to speed up a little. The ending was a bit meh. Was built up a bit much for what you get. Shame really. A few glitches occurring in the latter part of the game nearly ruined it (characters getting stuck) and while the graphics were good, there were bits that looked awful (the cars in the snow area in that town) and the water effects weren't as good as made out to be, but this is really nit-picking.

Anyways, for the single player alone, I'd give it an 8 out of 10. Haven't really tried the online much but on my initial playing of that it was ok, not great. Will have to try it more and get into it.

Now to get hold of the original and play through that.

We're you playing it alone or co-op? Because it's co-op where the game REALLY shines (well atleast with the first game).

It's weird though, I HATED playing Gears 1 by myself i found it awful and boring. But i don't know, I find single player on this one bearable..Can't wait to do co-op campaign on expert, fuck yes.

Yeh I played through on my own. Didn't bother with coop. Played through the campaign once and didn't feel like going through again. The only decent coop stuff I enjoyed was Horde but only when you got decent teams, which almost never happened. Because of that, I got rid of it.

Does Gears style gameplay lend itself to competitive online as much as a good FPS game?

yeah very much so. It's a pretty intense game.

it's pretty much an fps anyway.

Right I completed the game last night. What on EARTH was the part after the credit's about? The final games gonna be a father vs son thing isn't it, i can just see it...

To my horror i was playing on this before on Act 1 Chapter 5 on live co-op on expert. We did the final bit of the chapter (killing the brumark) and during cut scene it just came up with 'objective failed'!!!

It did this 3 times in a row! Why in the hell is it doing this and how can i make it stop!!!!

So you killed the Lambent Brumak (in one of the worst end battles) with teh hammer of dawns and it came up with Objective failed?

Weird. I'd just finished it this evening on Insane by me lonesome and I did it fine, no failing objectives.

Listening to the ending again it sounds like there's gonna be something worse than the Locust in the third game. I hope there's a third.

No, on the first act chapter 5 a brumak comes out of the tunnel to destroy 'dizzy'. Once i have destroyed it loads the cut scene but then says objective failed during the cut scene.

I did a google search and other ppl have experienced this problem but i have not found out how to solve it.

aside: it amuses me that people think the Lambent Brumack is a boss. That whole section is just fireworks. Pretty, shiny fireworks to cap off a spectacular finale. Clearly, the difficulty is far besides the point.

aside: it amuses me that people think the Lambent Brumack is a boss. That whole section is just fireworks. Pretty, shiny fireworks to cap off a spectacular finale. Clearly, the difficulty is far besides the point.

What u talking about? That was the hardest boss in the game! RAAM on insane on the first gears was piece of piss compared to that!

lol, who im i kidding...

Back to my little problem i tried it on single player and it did it fine. I am now carrying on co-op after that point and no more problems have come up... I will have to come back to that chapter at some point though if i want my co-op achievement...

Gears of War Prequel?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/952/952452p1.html

NYCC 09: Gears of War Prequel Talk

Gears 2 writer hints that an E-Day game isn't out of the question.

It seemed like one of those fan questions that Joshua Ortega, the writer of Gears of War 2, would dance around during tonight's New York Comic-Con Gears of War panel -- were there plans for doing a prequel that dealt with the events of E-Day, the day the Locust emerged and attacked the human race?

"You will not be disappointed in the next ten years," Ortega said. "It's a ten-year plan. Gears is long-term. The lancer is the new lightsaber."

On a panel focusing on all things Gears, the E-Day tidbit stood out from the pack. Sure, it was cool to see Carlos Ferro, the voice of Dom, mock his own performance and talk about his library of Gears-branded collectibles, and it was fun to listen to the panel talk about the comic book bridging the first games and the second game, but the mention of a decade's worth of Crimson Omens is the statement that got the room of fanboys all hot and bothered.

Another question that got the crowd going: are there plans for more single-player Gears of War 2 DLC?

"Keep watching," Ortega said. "You won't be disappointed."

Someone asks if there'll be a prequel, a response is made "you will enjoy the next 10 years" and suddenly the whole internet thinks there'll be a GoW Zero trailer next week.

Also I think it's a bit egotistical to compare yourself to Star Wars.

The creators of Gears of War can compare themselves to whatever the fuck they want, as far as I'm concerned, they created one of the best series of the decade, if not the best.

How?

They didn't do anything new. Its a story of a few space marine wannabes going around shooting aliens in on a non-existent planet and the gameplay of an N64 game (Operation Winback).

The fact is, Gears is a fun game... But it does nothing new.

I agree completley. but for some reason im enjoying this game alot. Its my favorite game of the last few years by far, maybe even my favorite since Resi 1 on the saturn ^^

How?

They didn't do anything new. Its a story of a few space marine wannabes going around shooting aliens in on a non-existent planet and the gameplay of an N64 game (Operation Winback).

So? It does everything in a spectacular fashion which is great fun to play. It didn't need to reinvent the wheel.

Does anybody else have trouble getting games online? I have just got this along with an Xbox, and while the single player was a fantastic experience, the online is retarded.

Does anybody else have trouble getting games online? I have just got this along with an Xbox, and while the single player was a fantastic experience, the online is retarded.

Gears 2 matchmaking system used to be really shit but now i woud class it as hit and miss since they updated it. I have some times where its finding ppl straight away whereas other times a few minutes seems to go by before a game starts!

How?

The cover system, though existing before, was improved on a lot, I believe. The active reload (awesome feature!) I'm pretty sure is an invention of theirs. Also the idea of a "meatflag" (and meatshields too, was that ever done before?)

Anyway, it's not about anything new, both Gears games are masterpieces of videogames, IMFO. They nail great bellic story, great charismatic characters with great voices (clichéd yes, but awesome, it's on purpose, tongue in cheek), great fucking enemies, awesome battle situations, great guns, great settings, perfect online, perfect controls. It's very much inspired by films such as Predator, Aliens and Starship Troopers.

Like FoliorumViridum said, no need to re-invent the wheel, just make a kickass fucking game, and that's what Gears of War is (are).

Truth is, Gears of War is not just hype, it's really top quality gaming and I fully tip my hat to those guys. rock.gif

And btw, this started because of Shorty's comment of comparing yourself to Star Wars... So, if Gears did nothing new, what did Star Wars do new? Lucas copied everything from obscure sci-fi pulp novels of the 20's and 30's (including the lightsabre and the death star and a villain with a mask to aid breathing and the Force, etc). Even the Star Wars soundtrack, he asked John Williams to compose something like The Planets Suite. Which Williams did, listen to the suite.

So, what's the merit of Star Wars, I ask?

PS - I am a Star Wars fan. Just pointing out the fact that it has zero originality and that that's not a valid way to diss Gears of War. ;)

All I was really saying was that claiming it yourself is egotistical. IMO, whether or not you're deserving of the comment isn't the point, you should wait for someone else to say it about you, not say it yourself....

Offtopic?:

Perfect Dark had:

-Full 16:9

-5.1 Surround Sound

-Co-op

-Dual Analog FPS control (using two controllers)

First HD Game:

O_o

So I am starting to get the hang of this now, instead of finishing bottom all the time, I am sort of mid-table. I would much rather play private matches though rather than randoms. So if anyone wants some target practice......add me.: peace: