NEurope
Mundi

Gears Of War 2

Mines pre-ordered at Game

its said this since sunday

02/11/2008 Your order is currently being picked and packed

tho i very much doubt they will send it before wednesday

I was wondering when the first "my order is XXXXXX" post would come up! :p

Let's make it more fun by playing "Where's my order? Bingo" in which people score points as such:

1 point for telling us where they ordered it from and for how much

1 point for telling us when their order has changed to despatched status (with a bonus point for a happy smilie)

1 point for doubting that they will get it before release date (bonus point for a sad smilie)

1 point for complaining about who they ordered it from

2 points for calling Royal Mail/their postie a lazy wanker

and a whopping 5 points for being the first smug git to post a picture of their game causing all other forum members to call them a jammy sod.

Ive just finished playing through Gears 1 again and I found it to be a really meh experience. I forgot how little story there is to the game and the lack of set pieces made the game seem boring. I know ive finished the game before but I have played other games single player campaigns more than once and still enjoyed them. Im hoping I enjoy the 2nd more than the 1st.

Ordered my copy on 05/06/08 from Play, the limited edition for £44.99... order hasn't changed to dispatched yet but Guitar Hero : WT has :) but as for Gears 2 I doubt I will get it before the release date :( bloody Play >< and even if I do get it on release / day after the postman will probably get here at about 1PM (lazy wanker >>) oh well... let the waiting game commence. :heh:

that'll be 6 pts so far please Dog-amoto :P

but as for Gears 2 I doubt I will get it before the release date :( bloody Play ><

All my pre-orders from Play get dispatched on the Wednesday and arrive on the Thursday.

All my pre-orders from Play get dispatched on the Wednesday and arrive on the Thursday.

heh I know, mine too :heh: I was only being semi serious, read up for Dog-amoto's post and all will be revealed. :smile:

But fuck yeah, hopefully I'll get it on Thursday. : peace:

I used to find that the case but I think they've switched to 2nd class or something because play have been a lot slower for me over the last 6-12 months :/ I ordered from woolies (bingo points plz) because its £39.99 for the ltd ed, plus quidco, and they apparently guarantee release date delivery.

Made of win: I have next week off.

lol @ dogs post.

I pre-ordered from GAME's website in september my status is as follows:

Order status log

02/11/2008 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

02/11/2008 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

01/11/2008 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

21/09/2008 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

I thought it might have got dispatched today since they have apparantly been packing it since Sunday, lol. I'm prob goin to miss it when they deliver it anyway and will have to pick it up from royal mail sorting office the next day... :(

wooo, jumpin on the band wagon, they must have a shit load of orders to start that early :/

Mine has been updated! (i ordered the collectors edition)

Order status log

04/11/2008 Your order has been dispatched.

02/11/2008 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

01/11/2008 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

21/09/2008 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

I think Im going to forget about that £2.50 Im saving and switch my pre-order to GAME.co.uk from shopto.net. Watching them over the past few weeks they havent been that sharp on the stock intake.

EDIT ordered another limited edition from GAME and will cancel my shopto one around midday tommorow. Worst case scenario: I have two copies:D

Mines not moved since...

I think Im going to forget about that £2.50 Im saving and switch my pre-order to GAME.co.uk from shopto.net. Watching them over the past few weeks they havent been that sharp on the stock intake.

EDIT ordered another limited edition from GAME and will cancel my shopto one around midday tommorow. Worst case scenario: I have two copies:D

Why?_______

Wootage, GH:WT just shipped (according to on my account) thats due for Friday as well so Gears should follow. :smile:

Should I order this online now or I will I be able to get it at blockbusters on friday? Oh or indeed sainsburys they usually do games for 30 quid on release I heard.

Also anyone up for N Europe Horde and coop and multiplayer fun?

And yep it's still packing >> sod it, if it's not sent by the time I have to go out then I'm gonna just get it from my local independent retailer on Thursday.