N-Europe

Deadly Creatures - Out Now!

dazzybee

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was so close to buying this this afternoon. Literally had it in my hands and was in the queue to buy it when I saw Gamestation had some Gamecube games and picked up a copy of Wind Waker instead (if I'd have had a couple of pound more I would have got this as well but knowing how little time the copies of Wind Waker stay on the shelves in my local Gamestation I just had to pick it up). Will definitely pick this up at some point, although there is something about it that's holding me back from getting it just now.

Hmmm, I'm seriously thinking about buying this but... I don't know. Something's holding me back. I get the feeling that, aside from the novelty of crawling around as a spider/scorpion, seeing the world form a different perspective, there isn't all that much to it. I haven't play it, though, so this is simply a gut-feeling. My game-experienced hands should do the judging.

Maybe this weekend. Maybe...

My copy showed up a couple of days ago (at last!) been playing it as much as possible in between AC and Overkill, it's pretty cool. Definitely doing a good job of freaking me out, has also managed to make me jump a few times! Playing in a dark room with the sound on full blast is the way to go. :awesome:

The game is far from perfect though. The loading breaks are seriously weird and seem incredibly random, you can be in the middle of a fight and then all of a sudden the game will freeze for a few seconds while it loads... whatever it is that it's loading. ::shrug: It suffers from some graphical glitches too, like how the bugs can get caught up on the terrain and start going nuts as if they're having an epileptic fit or something! And the camera can be a pain in the arse occasionally, but nothing really game breaking.

Shame they didn't spend a bit longer ironing out all that stuff though because the concept and style of Deadly Creatures is just awesome.

I really love the part where you explore the inside of a car as the spider, crawling around all the different surfaces and seeing it from such unfamiliar angles was absolutely brilliant! icon14.gif The whole idea of following the story of those two guys from the perspective of the insects is also really smart, and it's great how you start out in a purely natural environment and then more and more man-made objects start to appear as you progress.

I'd pick it up at that price but I know for a fact that my local sainsburys won't be selling it as the only Wii and DS games that they sell are mainly casual and big release titles. Do really need to pick this up though.

Try it, my Sainsbury's usually stocks tripe, but recently they've stocked Overkill and obviously Deadly Creatures.

Grabbed the game from Sainsburys last night. I started and finished it today. I loved pretty much every minute of it, the environment was fantastic seeing it from such a different point of view and then more and more man-made objects appearing was awesome, I especially liked the doll house you could walk around in as a spider, the combat wasn't too bad either, and the sound was brilliant and really set the mood, however I finished it in under 5 hours and with no real re-playability it was just too short. Here's hoping it sells well enough for a sequel.