N-Europe

Split UK Gamers from Europe petition

Darkspine S

http://www.petitiononline.com/ukgamers/petition.html

I wouldn't know if this would be possible or not, although I certainly wouldn't mind getting localized American games at the same time as them. What do you guys think?

(Btw, I put this in the Wii thread because it seems to be Wii games that suffer the most from localizations nowadays.:( )

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:'(

Why are you so mean to us?

Do you really think that being only UK will help you with the release dates? It will make UK and the other country's suffer even more :\

If the English games could then be bought and used everywhere in Europe (having English only and Mutli-Lingual games) it could be interesting but just the UK only I wouldn't like either...

However: I don't think the could release it at the same time even if localization is gone - as there a differences btw. PAL and NTSC (though that would not be a such a problem with HDTV).

Personally: I am against it. The only real way to do it, is to release games in all European countries and US at the same time - for all games. Or only a few days (maximum a week) apart.

Though it wouldn't be problematic if at the beginning it would only be an English version in all European countries (the question is just what will happen to the multilingual versions - however I don't think that would be a problem as there are enough who wouldn't be English only versions)...

But the best thing would be to make the Wil region-free (they could do this anytime through a firmware update e.g.)... Would solve all problems: Those who want to wait for multilingual can wait and the others could just import...

Splitting UK from the rest of Europe is no good idea I think... Not to mention: Australia is also English speaking and they most times get the games even later than Europe...

mmmm, to be honest, i think the petition should be against the wait 'The Whole Of Europe' has for most Nintendo releases, including the UK. That way, you'll get thousands more sign it.

However, i do believe United Kingdom should be with United States now, with releases etc...but we are part of Europe, so....Oh and it's kinda unfair to leave other Europeans countries lagging behind.

Saying that most Europeans should be able to speak English, so perhaps they should just release English versions of games first, then the translated ones a little later?

Just wanted to make a quick point here, its probably obvious to the lot of you, but I wanted to raise it regardless.

I, for one, highly doubt that this petition will end in the desired effect (though I would love that to happen), but at the very least, if the idea is given enough support, it will make NOE sit up and take notice that we are sick and tired of waiting for games 3 or 4 months after everyone else.

You might not agree with a UK from Europe split, or think that any kind of petition will have any effect, but I doubt even NOE would be able to deny that the majority of Europeans are tired of waiting, especially if a strong petition is waved in their faces.: peace:

i think the best solution would be to organise a date to start sending them hate mail once every day on every person that agree's that NoE is shit

would make more of an inpact, or even better.... like they have been doing to bring back tv shows, send in an item along with it, maybe a release date list of one of the worst games affected by the translation delays

Region locking isn't the problem. It's the damn Frenchies, Germans and Spanish who REFUSE to learn FUCKING ENGLISH.

Don't most games get translated into French and Spanish for North American releases? The DS games I've imported from VG+ had French and Spanish.

They should not in any way shape or form be obliged to learn English.... We have no right to force our language onto other European countries when we won't even share their currency.

In that case I feel discriminated because games rarely ever are translated into my main languages, Swedish and Polish.

Personally I know Swedish, Polish, English and French, plus that I'm thinking of studying Japanese, and I have studied German, allthough for only six months. How friggin' difficult is it for europe to learna SECOND language? I mean, in Sweden we have to know THREE.

Everyone who goes to school knows english. It's the one language everyone's supposed to know. I don't want to wait for a translation, and everyone I know agree that we don't want EA to translate their games to Swedish. Give us the games right away instead!

In that case I feel discriminated because games rarely ever are translated into my main languages, Swedish and Polish.

Personally I know Swedish, Polish, English and French, plus that I'm thinking of studying Japanese, and I have studied German, allthough for only six months. How friggin' difficult is it for europe to learna SECOND language? I mean, in Sweden we have to know THREE.

Everyone who goes to school knows english. It's the one language everyone's supposed to know. I don't want to wait for a translation, and everyone I know agree that we don't want EA to translate their games to Swedish. Give us the games right away instead!

Well, good for you.

Many people in Portugal know english, too, but I know plenty of people who don't. These same people get easily turned off by games where reading English is crucial for it's enjoyment.

That's in Portugal, where all the movies and series are subbed, and plenty of people have constant contact with the English language.

In Spain, everything they have is dubbed. Animations, movies, series are all dubbed in Spanish. The Spanish have little contact with English. Can you imagine how turned off they would be by an English game?

The same thing happens in France, too (although to a lesser extent).

It's not a question of not being able to learn a second language. These countries are important and proud of their language and culture. They want to be treated with a minimal level of respect.

That's pretty... stupid? Elitist? Don't know the right word to describe it, I just woke up. Makes me wanna punch someone though.

Why should we have to wait because the rest of Europe don't speak English?

That is just selfish. And most of all, it's against EU laws as mentioned earlier.

It's selfish for the rest of Europe to expect us to wait to play the games when we could be playing them now.

Why should we have to wait because the rest of Europe don't speak English?

It's selfish for the rest of Europe to expect us to wait to play the games when we could be playing them now.

Don't be the typical British "I only belong to Europe when I need cheap trade" arse. You have to wait because there is a set of laws that restrain us all, and give distribution problems to each European country.

The Netherlands have one of the best adoptions of the English language, nobody cares about French or Italian, and games are never even translated to Dutch, yet we're not being arrogant to demand these kinds of things. It's really shortsighted.

I doubt it...this kind of thing happens all the time in the film industry.

Quoting this for DCK....

If this is the case, we shouldn't have to wait. There's no reason for the rest of Europe to expect us to wait at all!! It's a pain in the ass. Nothing arrogant about it in the slightest.