Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

Tellyn

I got my PAL copy through the post this morning! :D Only had about an hour on it so far, and I'm trying to unlock everything I unlocked in the US version as quickly as possible. First stop: Speedrunning the Subspace Emissary to get all the characters.

I've been playing the games for months, and for some incredibly stupid reason I got jellouse of you getting it earlier.

Can't freaking wait for Friday, me and 5 other people all going to GAME to buy this. Fuck I have the game right here with me and I'm hyped!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maase

Im actually pretty proud of myself.

I did wait until now, and i know that i will feel a lot better doing everything in Brawl ONLY ONE TIME, something that wouldn't be possible if i did played before, and that will be very rewarding :)

Anyway, from 3-5 days, 1 one starts tomorrow, i can't wait ^^

Although now I think about it, those juicy cutscenes will definitely be worth it :D

Ah, part of my speedrunning is that I'm skipping the cut scenes. :p

I thought I'd have a go at getting a load of CDs this morning by doing a Brawl with all items except sandbags switched off, which in the American version when I tried it a few times, got me about a CD per minute, over the six or seven minutes I did it. Today on the PAL version, though, I was trying for about twenty minutes and only got three CDs! Could Nintendo have changed something in the PAL version to stop people producing these 'CD Factory' levels, or was I just unlucky?

I also noticed that I couldn't change the online options when I tried connecting this morning, so couldn't download videos / levels / screenshots. Perhaps this is because it hasn't officially launched yet?

Great start.

Game arrived just now , and I am getting disk read errors and the thing refuses to load.

EDIT - Judging by gamefaqs , and after testing my other games it looks like a re-emergence of the smoky/dusty lens problem that occurred when the NTSC version of Brawl launched.

Contacted NoE who will get it sorted , so I just need something to do for the next 10 days or so. Although I suppose returning the thing will also screw any chance of me avoiding the 3.3 update.

I knew that me and this game are just not meant to get on.

Great start.

Game arrived just now , and I am getting disk read errors and the thing refuses to load.

EDIT - Judging by gamefaqs , and after testing my other games it looks like a re-emergence of the smoky/dusty lens problem that occurred when the NTSC version of Brawl launched.

Contacted NoE who will get it sorted , so I just need something to do for the next 10 days or so. Although I suppose returning the thing will also screw any chance of me avoiding the 3.3 update.

I knew that me and this game are just not meant to get on.

I've seen a couple of reports that said by having the Wii horizontal instead of vertical has allowed them to play Brawl after having the DRE.

Brawl came this morning! So happy :D My friend code is 2578 4545 3621 :D

I usually use the GC controller but I just selected with the Wii Mote and you can hear one of the characters phrases from the speaker in the Wiimote when you select them! Very neat touch!

My postcard was about Zero Suit Samus. I really like the sleeve and I decided I will actually use it as a sleeve instead of just leaving it flat :heh:

Unless somebody will do it before me; I will upload a photo of the postcard featuring Zero Suit Samus later today.

..you are all very lucky.. I'm looking forward to getting mine from GAME tomorrow :smile: ..I hope I get the sleeve and cards (unlike Mario Kart where the hats just never came in store.. really annoyed about that..)

Anyway.. Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword arrived this morning anyway so.. yay :yay: