NEurope
Twozzok

Universities and shizzle.

You can also send in another form afterward if you have a change of circumstance before the start of the new year.

Advice to freshers: get a PC, load up WoW/Eve, blow the whole thing off.

You can also send in another form afterward if you have a change of circumstance before the start of the new year.

Advice to freshers: get a PC, load up WoW/Eve, blow the whole thing off.

Scratch that dont renew you wow subcription till after the first 3 weeks. Going out solid for that period of time.

oops - missed the deadling for applying for student loan (in ni anyway)

was 25th APRIL (say what?)

It was the same here. Don't worry though, the deadline for means assessed loans is a month after, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

oh shit...i can't apply for a student loan now???

It depends on the situation. You can still apply (presuming your deadline hasnt gone), but even if it has gone, you can still apply, but the assurance the money will be there before or when you go is completely gone.

I havent done it myself to be fair, fucked up the form, and I still dont have accommadation booked =(

Firm - Liverpool John Moores

Insurance - (blank cause no other Uni's loved me)

It depends on the situation. You can still apply (presuming your deadline hasnt gone), but even if it has gone, you can still apply, but the assurance the money will be there before or when you go is completely gone.

I havent done it myself to be fair, fucked up the form, and I still dont have accommadation booked =(

Firm - Liverpool John Moores

Insurance - (blank cause no other Uni's loved me)

Applying for my student loan right now. :heh: Should be fine. I don't see any deadlines...they even said you could apply 9 months into the academic year!

And on the accommodation front, I'm still waiting for them to e-mail me back. Firm choice is Aston Uni, insurance is Cardiff. I hope they get back to me sooner rather than later. :heh:

I applied for my loan late and got it late..was @ £-980 before it came in.. but I applied about 3 months late.. so y'know.

Hull uni is boss.

See if you can apply online. I always used to do my loan application late and got them in time. I once even left it until the year had started and still got it, so its worth a shot.

Question:

when do you need to start applying for student finance?

I'm not sure I need it, but just incase whens the deadline?

I finally got my mum to send off for accomdation so hopefully all I need to do is get the points.

Just do it now Wolf. It's an interest free loan (at least for a very long time) and you could make a serious and solid investment. It will be your only opportunity to do it so I'd take it.

The forms are a SLAG. I hate filling them out and I have to do it eventhough I don't get a student loan or a bursary. Fuckers.

EDIT: there you go missy, http://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=53,1261699&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

direct to the forms bit of the site.

The thing is without sounding like a posh **** is my parents might be paying for my accomdation and course...so I'm not sure I NEED the loan. My parents have said no so I'm wondering whether I should bother..?

I'm very confused...

The thing is without sounding like a posh **** is my parents might be paying for my accomdation and course...so I'm not sure I NEED the loan. My parents have said no so I'm wondering whether I should bother..?

I'm very confused...

Doesn't matter. You are getting a free loan. Stick it in a savings account or an ICA, pick up the interest and then just give the money back straight away once you finish. No strings attached at all. Just takes a little effort on your part. Trust me, just do it. No one is getting ripped off by you doing, you're not stealing the money or anything.

Hmm, I'll talk to the parents about it tonight, I think I was told you have to place on there somewhere if you are getting money from your parents and you have to say how much..like it's a solid amount every week or something..

>_>

I would say not to use it if you don't have to. The way my loan drips out of my salary is annoying. It's not really enough to be dent the loan itself, but it's enough to bother me.

They take back 9% of everything over £15000 that you earn per year.

Do they not start charging interest immediately Jamba? I thought they did, but I may be mistaken. It's certainly not a free loan. It's supposed to be at the rate of inflation, but they just take one months inflation and apply that to the whole year - this year it was high unfortunately.

Remember that you've got banks offering you overdrafts (which are generally smaller and the banks are keen for you to pay them off soon after you leave Higher education) should you need them. If you can avoid a loan I would avoid it. The hassle of getting a loan to stick in an ISA to reap interest then pay off the loan again wouldn't be worth it to me.

I was thinking that, the idea behind it is basically my parents don't want me worrying about money through uni (i will anyway because i want them to worry about themselves and not me...but hey)

I'll see, I'm tempted to apply for it, but I don't see much need when I could get an overdraft >.<

I really should have put my loan into ISAs in the first two years. I've yet to touch mine. Laziness got the best of me.

You may be eligable for a bursary grant = free money. Have you applied for the course fee loan, or are you paying that yourself? Do you know how much your accomodation is? Will you be working/earning your own income?

They ask you about how much your parents give you so that they can give you a balanced loan that is more suited to you, which is good for you because you'll have less debt when you finish when compared to having a full loan.

My loan covers my accomodation, bills and foods (and booze and going out and all those veblen goods).

I'm not entirely sure when you have to reply - whether it's before or after you get your results. Check your UCAS site or talk to someone at college as they ought to know. Personally I can't remember if I've sorted out my finance for next year or not - but I can't get onto the SFD website, so... yah. Bad James.

anyone going to hull uni?

I applied for my loan late and got it late..was @ £-980 before it came in.. but I applied about 3 months late.. so y'know.

Hull uni is boss.

I'm there at the moment, Lovin' it.

Doesn't matter. You are getting a free loan. Stick it in a savings account or an ICA, pick up the interest and then just give the money back straight away once you finish. No strings attached at all. Just takes a little effort on your part. Trust me, just do it. No one is getting ripped off by you doing, you're not stealing the money or anything.

The man speaks sense. Its exactly what I'm going to do even though I am financially comfortable (the parents). You might as well get it, and pick up the interest as Jamba said.

For me, I'm getting a loan to cover the tuition fee (even though parents can pay for it) and for maintenance costs (food etc) as I'll be moving out of my parents' house. Definitely gonna find a job as well to support myself. I need money man!

Can't wait to get away from London and the parents. Even though I love both to bits, I need some independence baby!:smile:

You may be eligable for a bursary grant = free money. Have you applied for the course fee loan, or are you paying that yourself? Do you know how much your accomodation is? Will you be working/earning your own income?

They ask you about how much your parents give you so that they can give you a balanced loan that is more suited to you, which is good for you because you'll have less debt when you finish when compared to having a full loan.

My loan covers my accomodation, bills and foods (and booze and going out and all those veblen goods).

I'm not entirely sure when you have to reply - whether it's before or after you get your results. Check your UCAS site or talk to someone at college as they ought to know. Personally I can't remember if I've sorted out my finance for next year or not - but I can't get onto the SFD website, so... yah. Bad James.

I know exactly how much my course is and the accomdation I've applied for (I just have to hear back from them, hopefully soon).

As I said I'll speak to the parents about it, I'd rather get my coursework done and get the 68points and stuff before sorting this out but just wanted to double check about it.

I'm there at the moment, Lovin' it.

oh, cool. Didn't realise you wrere around these parts. where are you living?

oh, cool. Didn't realise you wrere around these parts. where are you living?

Lawns at the moment (1st year), going Piper tonight for my friends birthday. Should be good. Where about are you?