NEurope
Twozzok

Universities and shizzle.

still haven't heard back from my first choice uni about whether or not i've got accommodation....aargh!

I've not heard back from accomodation either, started to get annoyed, it's been over 3 weeks!

I'd definately go get a look on ucas about the first choice uni thing.

I didn't hear until half way through the summer holidays.

That's very odd, I'd still get onto them, lucky I did, they stupidly sent interview letters right before christmas and if I had called any later I would have missed my chance to get to the second round of interviews later in the year and get accepted.

Hmm went to 'support' my application form (as my father as he'd never do it) and it keeps telling me my alias ID or date of birth is wrong.

They're wrong!

Thanks for bringing the thread back it reminded me that I needed to ask something.

Me and mum are abit worried about accomdation (still) we were reading part of the booklet we got (it had the stuff we needed to send attached to it) now the problem is it say we won't hear back until ucas know my results (I'm going to ask my tutor either tomorrow or next week when they send them off because I don't have exams) but apprently most find out in august!

I can't wait til august to hear from them because my family might be away AND what the heck happens if I don't get into one of the three places I applied for?! it's abit late to be scrambling round for somewhere to stay when I'm supposed to be at uni a couple of weeks later...?!

help ='[?

Uni will have backup plans. People will drop out, change their mind and go for their insurance rather than definite place, not get the right grades etc. Worse comes to worse you get to uni and they find you somewhere off campus (and this can be temporary if you fight for it) and a lot of people drop out within the first few weeks.

Just calm down and stop stressing :p

Yo yo yo peeps. How do you get a 2:1? I was chatting to my friend last night and he said despite the fact he's written in his dissertation (ie not bothered) he'll get a 2:1 because he has x amount of B's. Three from 2nd year and some amount from third year. What are the exact figures?

So far I have two B's from last semester. This semester's results still aren't in. But exactly (or near enough as I know its kinda rough) what levels of B's and C's do you need for a 2:1?

That's very odd, I'd still get onto them, lucky I did, they stupidly sent interview letters right before christmas and if I had called any later I would have missed my chance to get to the second round of interviews later in the year and get accepted.

Surrey wont tell me where my accommodation is (it's guaranteed it though) until the summer hols, so don't panic.

Uni will have backup plans. People will drop out, change their mind and go for their insurance rather than definite place, not get the right grades etc. Worse comes to worse you get to uni and they find you somewhere off campus (and this can be temporary if you fight for it) and a lot of people drop out within the first few weeks.

Just calm down and stop stressing :p

I stress because there is no way in hell I will be left in some squat like my ex was where you have to share a toilet and bathroom, end of story. It sounds snobbish but it just aint going to happen, which is why I chose those three places :(

Yeh I think my first choice, Aston Uni, only let you know about accommodation later in the summer. I'm not 100% sure but they guarantee accommodation for new graduates anyway so I guess I needn't worry.

Uni doesn't start until October though right? YOu've got loads of time, they take ages to process these things because they're retarded. I'm sure you've got a room in one of your choices if you applied on time.

I stress because there is no way in hell I will be left in some squat like my ex was where you have to share a toilet and bathroom, end of story. It sounds snobbish but it just aint going to happen, which is why I chose those three places :(

Almost all uni halls have a shared toilet/bathroom for their floor. Or, at least the ones that don't cost an arm, a limb, and another limb do.

Unless you have an en suite bathroom, it's like living at home.

Uni doesn't start until October though right? YOu've got loads of time, they take ages to process these things because they're retarded. I'm sure you've got a room in one of your choices if you applied on time.

No uni starts in september..

No uni starts in september..

His point still stands. They still have 2 and a half months...

His point still stands. They still have 2 and a half months...

eh? how do you get 2 and a half months? :confused:

eh? how do you get 2 and a half months? :confused:

Even if it's the 1st of September, that leaves them July and August, and the rest of June (which I counted as a half as I'm lazy).

Even if it's the 1st of September, that leaves them July and August, and the rest of June (which I counted as a half as I'm lazy).

I thought you got the results exams etc in august (this is what I mean I may get my results even though I don't have exams the same time as the exam results) which leaves alot less time.

If it is indeed end of June/July then I'll be alot happier because it's so much more time, but to me august/september arghhhhh

:heh::shakehead

I thought you got the results exams etc in august (this is what I mean I may get my results even though I don't have exams the same time as the exam results) which leaves alot less time.

If it is indeed end of June/July then I'll be alot happier because it's so much more time, but to me august/september arghhhhh

:heh::shakehead

Oh, um I thought you were talking about firm choice uni's.

Most of them assign you accommodation in early August (before results), and insurance places are assigned after results, if you accept the insurance.

Everyone I know in uni (apart from people who went through clearance) got their first choices, and even they don't know anyone who didn't get what accomodation they applied for.

I totally agree on the whole shared bathroom thing, but I thought all uni'ds started late september/early october?

Everyone I know in uni (apart from people who went through clearance) got their first choices, and even they don't know anyone who didn't get what accomodation they applied for.

I totally agree on the whole shared bathroom thing, but I thought all uni'ds started late september/early october?

They do but you have to have got a definate place at the uni (results sent off) it seems before getting your reply for somewhere to live, results tend to be in august which is why you don't get much time. It seems very odd to me and slightly impractical.

2nd year over and done with.

I had so much to write for todays exam, so hopefully I did well, as it was the big one. Just hoping for some As, I got one A, 2 Bs and C last semester and I need to take four modules from second year. So the better they are the beter overall grade I'll get.

They do but you have to have got a definate place at the uni (results sent off) it seems before getting your reply for somewhere to live, results tend to be in august which is why you don't get much time. It seems very odd to me and slightly impractical.

You're worried now, try second/third year, my friends bent over backwards to find a reasonable flat that wasn't halls for second year.

2nd year over and done with.

I had so much to write for todays exam, so hopefully I did well, as it was the big one. Just hoping for some As, I got one A, 2 Bs and C last semester and I need to take four modules from second year. So the better they are the beter overall grade I'll get.

You're worried now, try second/third year, my friends bent over backwards to find a reasonable flat that wasn't halls for second year.

I know but I think I need to worry about this year first :heh:

Wee, got all my bursaries that I applied for :D

Bit of a pain though, I only get the cheque for my art supplies the day I'm supposed to start, but I have to have them for my first day :s

my parents are too rich for me to qualify for any bursaries.

those bastards.

my parents are too rich for me to qualify for any bursaries.

those bastards.

If you beat you required grades, many uni's will give you small bursaries as rewards. Which is nice. :smile: