NEurope
Twozzok

Universities and shizzle.

You can't ask people on the internet to decide your future. That's just stupid. What jay said though. What are your pros and cons for each place and then you decide.

Wasn't really asking anyone to decide my future, just asking for any recommendations, based on personal experiences or from friends/family etc. : peace:

well what are your choices? Have you visited any of them? Social aspects good? The town nice? The course decent? Distance from home a problem? etc, etc, etc.

My choices are: Aston/Cardiff/Royal Holloway/Oxford Brookes. I've been to Aston (which is the best ranking uni, known for its business management course that I'm intending to study). Really didn't like the feel of the place though. Uni itself looked decent but the town really didn't agree with me.

Other than that, aint been to my other choices. My sister went to Royal Holloway though and found it nice enough. Cardiff, area is meant to be real nice as is the Uni and Oxford Brookes is kinda my reserve choice.

I'm thinking maybe going for: 1st choice - Royal Holloway

2nd choice - Cardiff

Wasn't really asking anyone to decide my future, just asking for any recommendations, based on personal experiences or from friends/family etc. : peace:

Sorry, I read it a different way. I tend to do that. You should go to the other places before making the decision/asking people. If you ask people they give you their opinion and that plays in the back of your mind when you go to see the place. That's what I think and that's why I won't phone some Uki guy who's at Sheffield Uni before I go and see it for myself on Thursday.

I'm deciding between two universities right now, and it's a little tough for me to choose. I know what I'm leaning toward, but my second choice nags the heck out of me in the back of my mind. Everyone that has been very involved in the whole college process says, at least about schools here in the US, that you should do everything you can to visit all the schools. You're going to be living at this place for a few years, and sometimes just visiting the schools for a day can immediately change the first-choice of prospective students that were 99% sure.

I've yet to visit my schools, though I'm seeing my as-of-now second choice this Thursday-Saturday and my first choice next Thursday and Friday. It's a very personal choice, and even hours and hours of talking to other current and prospective students and viewing the forums (guilty) can't let you know as much about the school as visiting.

I'm deciding between two universities right now, and it's a little tough for me to choose. I know what I'm leaning toward, but my second choice nags the heck out of me in the back of my mind. Everyone that has been very involved in the whole college process says, at least about schools here in the US, that you should do everything you can to visit all the schools. You're going to be living at this place for a few years, and sometimes just visiting the schools for a day can immediately change the first-choice of prospective students that were 99% sure.

I've yet to visit my schools, though I'm seeing my as-of-now second choice this Thursday-Saturday and my first choice next Thursday and Friday. It's a very personal choice, and even hours and hours of talking to other current and prospective students and viewing the forums (guilty) can't let you know as much about the school as visiting.

I had that a few weeks ago, couldn't decide between manchester and sheffield, I went to both (sheffield twice I may add) and then as daft as it sounds made a pros and cons list.

I was the same, no matter how many questions and answers I read and how many people I talked about it to I still couldn't do it.

The end result was more what I want now and not worrying about what will happen in the future, at manchester I'll be struggling because atm it's not what I want to do, though it'll get me a better job, yet when I went to sheffield the second time, I found they do give alot of help, which I never found out on my first trip, plus the digital development happening this year:yay: .

It helps to have an ex in the area also :heh:

Thats the real reason :P

As for me:

Firm- Reading

Insurance- *blank*

=/

haha, he was helpful though, helped me out early last year when I said I wanted to go and stuff, so it was nice to have a perspective of someone there that I could trust.

I've decided that I have to make up my mind about my 2 choices during the weekend. I think I'm gonna put Cardiff as my firm choice and Royal Holloway as my insurance.

Cardiff looks wicked! Royal Holloway is in the middle of nowhere but I don't mind that too much...

EDIT: I got an offer from Aston as well which is really good for my course (business management)...but the thing is when I went to the open day, I didn't particularly like it. However its got a much better reputation and is higher in the league tables than both Cardiff and Royal Holloway. Not too sure if I should consider putting this as my insurance...can you have 2 insurance choices?

jayseven? :o!

I need to find out about financing an MA but I can't be bothered. Looked online and it was all just so much info, need someone to simplify it for me :p

My choices are: Aston/Cardiff/Royal Holloway/Oxford Brookes.

Other than that, aint been to my other choices. My sister went to Royal Holloway though and found it nice enough. Cardiff, area is meant to be real nice as is the Uni and Oxford Brookes is kinda my reserve choice.

Someone say brookes? I'm 2nd year brookes law and I do open day guiding so if you got any questions feel free to PM me!

I need to find out about financing an MA but I can't be bothered. Looked online and it was all just so much info, need someone to simplify it for me :p

Try just chatting about it with your tutor/a lecturer you like?

lol on the first part :P

second part; do you know how timetable-heavy the MA is that you're looking at? the one I want to do requires me to be in one day a week... There isn't much sponsorship available, nor any loans typically (although the MA I want to do is typically done by 35+ yr olds) so I have been advised to pretty much find a part-time/full-time job to pay for the course. Best of luck to you, and Odwin is clearly the Man with the Know-How when it comes to decent advice. Let us know how that goes :)

Try just chatting about it with your tutor/a lecturer you like?

I have the same lecturer for all my modules this semester. I'll go speak to careers, just been a busy week.

lol on the first part :P

second part; do you know how timetable-heavy the MA is that you're looking at? the one I want to do requires me to be in one day a week... There isn't much sponsorship available, nor any loans typically (although the MA I want to do is typically done by 35+ yr olds) so I have been advised to pretty much find a part-time/full-time job to pay for the course. Best of luck to you, and Odwin is clearly the Man with the Know-How when it comes to decent advice. Let us know how that goes :)

I don't. Need to figure out where I want to do it first. Thought Warwick, because its a good uni for the course but I do kinda want to go to a big city.

And full time job, eww. I just got out of (pretty much) a full time job thanks :p

About a week back, I accepted Surrey as my firm, and Loughborough as my insurance.

I applied for accommodation a couple of nights back, so all that's left to do is the actual work. Bugger. :blank:

About a week back, I accepted Surrey as my firm, and Loughborough as my insurance.

I applied for accommodation a couple of nights back, so all that's left to do is the actual work. Bugger. :blank:

Didn't get into Loughborough. :blank:

Anyway, I still need to make up my mind about my top 2 by the end of this week. Its between Cardiff, Aston and Royal Holloway.

Cardiff - looks amazing, right in the centre, big uni, very student friendly, relatively cheap to live.

Aston - good academic reputation, 15th overall in the UK (6th for business management), gd location as well but didn't like the vibe I got from there.

Royal Holloway - falling in the league tables, in the middle of nowhere, nice building, thats about it.

Thinks its gonna be:

1st choice: Aston (requirement is higher so I think I'll make it first choice)

2nd choice: Cardiff

Gotta question as well: Can I have 2 insurance choices? Or do I only have to pick 2 uni's overall?

You can only choose 1 firm and one insurance as far as I know.

I'm crapping mysel I won't get any stuff done for Thursday. I'm leaving everything way too late. If I get there then they say I didn't really have to bring anything I'm going to scream.

I might be leaving things too late, I havn't thought of accomodation yet.

You can only choose 1 firm and one insurance as far as I know.

I'm crapping mysel I won't get any stuff done for Thursday. I'm leaving everything way too late. If I get there then they say I didn't really have to bring anything I'm going to scream.

I might be leaving things too late, I havn't thought of accomodation yet.

Whats happening on Thursday mate?

Don't worry, its still quite early to sort out accommodation. Most of the peeps at my college haven't done it yet. Only one of my uni choices have e-mailed me about it, and that was only last week, telling me that they are now accepting applications. But the earlier you do it the better....thats why I'm gonna make my decision about the choices and then during next week sort out accommodation.

BUMP!

So I need to send my passport to the Student Finance Direct with my ART ID. I send it to my local Award Authority... but, an envelope with my passport and a piece of paper with an ART ID on?

Yup. My memory, whether made-up or whether it actually happened I can't tell, is that I sent it off with a whole bunch of forms in a bulky package anyway. Yeah, they photocopy it don't they? Or do they as you to photocopy it?

Well anyway, yeah just a note of your ID.

Anyone know when the loan reapplication thing needs to be in. I keep putting it off...

because im kinda waiting for my mom to officially leave my dad...selfish i know but gotta get something out of a divorce yes?

Anyone know when the loan reapplication thing needs to be in. I keep putting it off...

because im kinda waiting for my mom to officially leave my dad...selfish i know but gotta get something out of a divorce yes?

sometime this month? at any rate its close :S

I got a scholarship from QMUL. Woo. My loan covers full fees though, which means I will be fucking loaded. Win.

sometime this month? at any rate its close :S

Hmm I shall pop into (finance?) tomorrow and ask. But its still on the website to apply...

I'll need to speak to my mother as well. See what's going on. As the "Who do you live with" question is confusing. Theres not an "I really don't know" option. Might be father, might be grandparents...I may just sleep on stranger's floors for the summer.

Ta anywho :D