NEurope
Twozzok

Universities and shizzle.

Just got a conditional offer from sheffield hallam for games programming so hopefully that means that the games design one is on it's way ^.^ happy happy.

Music Technology and it's variants in all uni's. Some places call it audio and sound technology etc.

That's what my sister wants to do, if she ever gets round to applying...

Well hey, me and Shorty are at Sheffield Hallam (boo, you might say :P) and I could've sworn Cube lives locally... Well We'd be up for a swift pint or three someplace if/when you arrive :) I'm afraid I can't provide any funny hats or pie, but I assure you Shorty looks fairly damn hilarious with or without a hat on!

Its decided then, shorty will provide the hats and i'll provide the pie. Cube can provide the Smash bros. That is a freaking plan right there.

Finally had a Tutorial lesson. We learnt of the monee that will be going into Uni stuff..

Oh dear.

Here it is for you:

Fee of course - £3145 You will never see it, it goes straight to the Uni.

Maintenance Loan - £4625 which you'll get 75% no matter what and the remaining 25% is given to you depending on your household income.

Maintenance grant - £2835

Scholarship/grant from Uni - £various Might get it if you got very high grades or you might get it if you have a low household income.

Total of £10604. ish.

That's what I copied down and if it's true if any people at Uni can back this up then this is gonna be a challenge.

Question, seing as i'm a couple of years off yet i know nothing about this.

What's Conditional, and what's uncoditional? What does it mean exactly?

Don't forget the bursaries some uni's offer based on houseold income, and some just decided to give you money anyways.

Like Essex for example, they give all UK students that come into year 1, or 0, £500 the first year, then as long as you're over 60% for the end of year 1,2 exams you get £1000 and £500 respectively.

When you still at college you get given a coniditonal, this means that you may reach the target they want so they offer you a place, then if you get the grades you get it.

Unconiditional is when you already have the grades, like if you've taken a year out :)

Conditional means you've got to meet a condition.

Like 3 As or a certain amount of points.

Unconditional means the opposite.

You've got a place and you're ready to start.

Those figures make me smile, it'll be fun trying to live off whatever amount a week. A challenge in life is always good.

I've realised that without a job it'll be about 10-15£ a week, with a job it'll be just over double.

I need that transfer, but I don't want to work for peacocks no more, so hopefully my next job might be just as nice.

Conditional is where you have conditions to meet, normally exam grades. (the subjects may or may not be specified) Unconditional offers are those where you don't have to achieve anything to get in - these are normally given to people who've already done A-levels (or IB, or whatever else), so they know your grades already.

I thought unconditionals are also like if you got AAA's in As, but are applying for a course that only want like D's in A2 to join.

EDIT: I think living off £10-15 a week is possible, does mean you're limited in the social department though !_!

Alot of people seem to think it's if your clever, when it's really not, it's more just because you've met what they asked. It's if you get given a scholarship etc that makes you that little more cleverer.

I couldn't give a flying meh as long as I get on the course I want ^.^

Bournemouth Uni *crosses fingers*

I've just left here - You'll have a great time.

I thought unconditionals are also like if you got AAA's in As, but are applying for a course that only want like D's in A2 to join.

Yeah, I think you can get that sort of thing can happen. Cambridge have also been known to give out EE offers to people they really want - they call these martriculation offers as if you're that good you're pretty much guaranteed to get EE. Christ's are the odd college out here, 1/3 of the offers they give out are EE.

I've always thought Unconditional is they've seen you achieve at AS level really high grades. They can see the consistency of results and know that in A2 you'll get high grades so they'll accept you.

It's all of the points though now. If someone wants 200 points and you got all Bs as AS then that's what..50 points for a B as AS...you've got the 200 points needed so they'll offer an Unconditional.

That's what I've always thought it was.

I've got my offers and I'm going Huddersfield whatever I get, even if I fail terribly at everything I can still get in albeit only doing a Foundation course.

I was told by sheffield uni that it was purely because you have already met what the uni wants, if you have what they want they'll do anything to have you.

They'll give unconiditionals to high achievers but mostly it's that you've met what they want. Most uni want the best students they can get, so if you've already met the criteria there's no need to fiddle with interviews and whatnot.

I was told by sheffield uni that it was purely because you have already met what the uni wants, if you have what they want they'll do anything to have you.

They'll give unconiditionals to high achievers but mostly it's that you've met what they want. Most uni want the best students they can get, so if you've already met the criteria there's no need to fiddle with interviews and whatnot.

Anything?

If you have great grades then yes, because unis wanna look good.

haha xD, though I'm pretty sure your visual on anything is a little different to the unis, sorry dear

Quiet you ash, unless you want another picture of embarrasment.

On the subject of anything I'd expect anything. Even pulling down their pants.

I expect now i've posted more in the image gallery there'll be plenty of embarassing photoshops ;)

Bring it on Kowalyjcfjhgfnd,gfd..

Heh, nottingham trent rang me the other day saying congratz on getting the offer, on my grades, and a personal/private tour of the place =)

I feel super special now! But Trents an insurance whatever happens, Kent's the place for me.