NEurope
nightwolf

Singleness!

Never know, you might find someone before then.

I'd agree very much that valentines day sucks giant horse anus if you're single. Its just created by companies for people who are single to feel like utter shit.

Either way, i'll be doing something nice for Letty :)

It doesn't have to suck if you're single. Just ensure you do something that day that will make you happy; watch a film you love, go shopping etc etc. Its all in the attitude.

Well i don't have to worry about valentines because it´s not a very liked thing here.

People usually say it´s a stupid American tradition when someone talks about it

I'm also working on VD but I'm not bothered as I wouldn't be doing anything otherwise. Might go out in the evening, there will be something good on somewhere. Traffic light disco hopefully... All the girls who are gagging for it wear red and the ones who are taken wear green. No chance of confusion!

Well, I've had one weird week.

My housemate and I are really close. We'll go shopping together, we'll just walk and have a chat or just laugh and have a joke. She's my best friend at the moment and has been for some time, and we tell each other everything.

We were sitting together on the sofa a few days ago and she rested her head on my lap while we watched tv. The next day we were listening to Magic FM and a few of us had lit candles in the living room, so it was very relaxing. Everybody pissed off to bed apart from the two of us and we just sat up talking.

We chatted, and flirted a little. Then she left the room and came back in and told me she loved me, and that she only knew for certain yesterday when she rested her head on my lap. She said all this stuff about how she'd never hurt me and how she would always make sure I knew she loved me. Yeah, one of those conversations.

It's been so weird this week. It's complicated because she has a long distance guy and she's almost finished uni now, so she'll probably go back and get a place with him or something. The thing is, I didn't know how I felt until she told me, it was so strange. A bit like somebody opening your eyes for you and then seeing for yourself.

The past few days have been amazing. We've been staying up til the early hours talking, holding each other. I didn't think I could ever feel like this again after last year.

But then we had a chat about this yesterday and it just makes me realise that all this is a dream, nothing more will ever happen. She's going to leave in a few months time, and that'll be that. It's so annoying, the more we talk the more I want to be with her. :(

Well, I think there's only one thing you can do, Flink: give us the name of the other guy and we'll kill him for you.

Actually, there is something else: enjoy the time you have. If all you can focus on is some inevitable end then you might as well hop into a coffin right now; don't get so caught up in the future you forget to live today. Who knows what might happen in the next few months?

You deserve to be happy, so... be happy. Or else.

Aye, you're right.

Still, it's one of those too good to be true moments, and this is most definitely one of those. We were sat watching Lost in Translation the other day and at many times we both looked at each other and you could tell we were thinking "that is soooo us."

On the plus side, it's nice to be able to feel again.

lock your door then, she might catch you :)

I don't geddit. :(

Am I just being thick?

Who knows what might happen in the next few months?

Accidents happen. ;)

We were sat watching Lost in Translation the other day and at many times we both looked at each other and you could tell we were thinking "that is soooo us."

I was watching a few Hugh Grant films last week (Richard Curtis is a genious) and the amount of times I saw the similarities in the film to the situation I'm in at the moment was quite scary.

(Richard Curtis is a genious)

That has to be the most disturbing thing I have read in a long long time.

I decided last night that the only way to feel human (because I tend to feel like a rubbish imitation most of the time) is to do what tends to make me feel alive more than anything else; sex. Whoring myself out, in the hope it will make me feel alive again.

Im running myself into a mess, but its the only way I know how to cope lately.

pssh, I don't even have access to sex, never mind being able to like somebody!

I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting too picky.

I decided last night that the only way to feel human (because I tend to feel like a rubbish imitation most of the time) is to do what tends to make me feel alive more than anything else; sex. Whoring myself out, in the hope it will make me feel alive again.

Im running myself into a mess, but its the only way I know how to cope lately.

Just don't catch anything :P

Haha awesome, VD is on a Thursday, my day off. Means I don't have to put up watching couples come in all over each other, gaah bloody couples are a pain in the arse.

I'll be doing what I normally do every Thursday, play games! Wooo! Lost Odyssey most likely too:)

(Copypasta'd from the "How Was Your Day?" thread, but is also relevant to posts I wrote yesterday)

Rather crap day today. Everyone at school (gossip spreads quicker than the Black Plague here) discovered about my failed attempt at asking a lass out, and I had to put up with an entire day of piss taking from all the school scum (around 90% of the school, btw).

-sigh-

My valentines will be spent taking m'lady out to a nice swanky dinner ( I really should book a table >_>) then having her come back to mine where we can..you know....*wink wink*

...play the wii of course:indeed:

Actually, there is something else: enjoy the time you have. If all you can focus on is some inevitable end then you might as well hop into a coffin right now; don't get so caught up in the future you forget to live today.

...*sniff* that's... really good advice *choke* :cry:

(ahh lost in translation - if i book the table...hmm..about now-ish, maybe me and jamba could have dinner at the park hyatt hotel at christmas time when he comes to visit me O__O cho sugoi-desune!)

Never lower your standards, better to wait and get what you want then to settle. But that is me, I'm an arrogant prick. :P

As for the topic on hand, being single is like being in a transition peroid. It is nice but I prefer it to come to an end at some point. :rolleyes:

But then we had a chat about this yesterday and it just makes me realise that all this is a dream, nothing more will ever happen. She's going to leave in a few months time, and that'll be that. It's so annoying, the more we talk the more I want to be with her. :(

Situation with Bluey and me isn't very different, except imagine that there's no long distance boyfriend and that its more like 6/9 months rather than a few (making te eventuallity harder). Totally sympathise dude. But yeah as everyone has said enjoy it! But whatever you do, don't think about it.

I've been single all my life and I have to say that I love it, I learn all the mistakes from all my mates who funnily enough come and tell me about their problems and what not. Its so much easier plus one day most of us will be in a marriage filled with commitment, my argument is why start so early you should be single for as long as possible before anything like that happens haha

Why so? Blackadder... Mr Bean... Loads of comedy sketches... Four Weddings and a Funeral and every other Hugh Grant film.

Bridget Jones, Love Actually, Notting Hill. Dire, dire work.

Anyway. I have three dates lined up for the next week. woo.

Yeah i wonder that sometimes too.

I've decided against going to see my ex.

She'll be in a drunk miserable state, and i don't want to be the rebound kiss.

Yeah i wonder that sometimes too.

I've decided against going to see my ex.

She'll be in a drunk miserable state, and i don't want to be the rebound kiss.

or worse, I've been with someone and didn't know until after that I was the rebound, god it made me feel dirty and horrible.

Apprently there's some nice guys next to me where I work, but of course all the girls at work keep going to look at them. I'm sick of trying to compete :indeed:

Singleness FTW IMO. I used to be the 'loyal, one girl for life' type but now I'm just going to use women for sex and offspring...>(...Never. Tell. Women. Your. Innermost. Feelings...Or you become me; a muppet on strings.