N-Europe

The Classic 'What Shall I Buy?' Thread

Ashley

Anyone is welcome to use this of course, but for now - me.

I have £35 on a giftcard at work and want to spend. Im getting Zack and Wiki for my birthday (as by then I'll have quit work and have more time ot play) before anyone suggests.

Here's my ideas:

Ghost Squad + zapper

Trauma Centre

Tomb Raider

Nights

Red Steel + Wii Points (as I need some for 1080)

Dewey's Adventure

And im sure there was something else I was going to get but can't remember...but im open for suggestions (but am too lazy to type what games I do have at the moment).

Thanks in advance.

i thought you worked in game. I thought that would mean you get a free rental service

No, thats theft. (Temporary theft granted but theft all the same)

id recomend red steel, when its good its very good, but its not perfect.

like the look of tomb raider myself. heatseeker is great, after the slow start it gets very good.

personaly, id wait for no more heros

Im getting NMH too, but I want a filler.

As previously mentioned, I would go with NiGHTS if you liked / loved the original (got a review copy on the way so if it arrives today I'll try and post some insight on the game in here if I can) Other than that, I'm currently playing through Tomb Raider, the 360 version though but if your not bothered about achievements (I half like / half hate them) then yeah get the Wii version as it supposedly has slightly expanded gameplay too which is awesome. :smile:

You could get this at Argos for £20 (or with another game such as Eledees for £30) and some Wii Points.

Well I did say I had a £35 game gift voucher....

But for £20 I'd get it, but the nearest store is missions away. I'll ask the guy I know who works in the local Argos if he can give me a heads up when they get some.

Tomb Raider has turned out excellent on Wii I have to say. Really well done, and nicely implemented controls. On the other hand, while I utterly adored the original NiGHTS on Saturn, I'm left a bit upset by the Wii sequel. Rushed and rough, with only snippets of what made the first game great, and mired in awful cutscenes with naff scripting and voice acting. Try before you buy if you can. On Wii that isn't so easy though is it?

I would say go for NiGHTS or Ghost Squad. NiGHTS is something a bit different and not just because its had Wii-Mote controls tacked on like so many other games. Ghost Squad is short but a lot of fun with plenty to go back and do again. With either I don't think you'll go too far wrong and your getting something that you won't see on PS3 or 360.

I would say go for NiGHTS or Ghost Squad. NiGHTS is something a bit different and not just because its had Wii-Mote controls tacked on like so many other games.

Sorry I totally disagree with this. The Wii remote has simply not been used to any great advantage in this game at all. I'm having to go out and buy a GC pad to get the best from this game, because the remote implementation is so poor. Even the nunchuck+remote setup is useless, since it's near-impossible to pull of stunts consistently and comfortably.

At least the Tomb Raider team implemented the Wii controls to some useful and intelligent level. In NiGHTS, the promise was there, but Sonic Team have totally botched it.

Sad but true.

Sorry, I didn't mean a bit different because of the Wii-Mote controls, just that its the type of game your not going to get anywhere else. To be fair the game was developed to use the Cube pad rather than the remote, and I agree with you, the wii-mote controls don't do the game justice at all.

From that point of view I suppose it has got tacked on controls - I just think it has that little something else that means it doesn't really matter.

Sorry I totally disagree with this. The Wii remote has simply not been used to any great advantage in this game at all. I'm having to go out and buy a GC pad to get the best from this game, because the remote implementation is so poor. Even the nunchuck+remote setup is useless, since it's near-impossible to pull of stunts consistently and comfortably.

It's a shame. Especially considering the Wii Remote was the sole reason for making the game in the first place.

Wii Chess?

Also, can you get Ghost Squad + zapper? I didn't know that.

As two seperate items.

Gonna head to town tomorrow and just go with the flow. Thanks everyone. Think I'll get Tomb Raider at Argos for £20 when its back in stock. Perhaps Trauma Centre tomorrow but we'll see.

Can you now buy it on its own or do you mean with Linky's Crossbow Training too? If so, then get that cos it would be two games + zapper!

Well I would have bought it for £30, Gameware zapper for £5 (when bought with) and Link's off a friend for £10